Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love  (Read 26546 times)

Re: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2014, 08:27:30 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I would argue that we don't know - at all - what Sullinger is.

Love is an established NBA star, with the physical ability to do everything a champion needs him to do.

This franchise is the Boston Celtics. It doesn't spend five or six years clinging to the futility of hope, especially not when draft-built champions are as rare as a Rondo trey.

We don't have time to wait. Make the move, Danny.

You do remember 1994-2007 correct? I mean I love my team but boy did they stink it up for a long time.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2014, 08:29:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Love is an established NBA star, with the physical ability to do everything a champion needs him to do.

This franchise is the Boston Celtics. It doesn't spend five or six years clinging to the futility of hope, especially not when draft-built champions are as rare as a Rondo trey.

You do remember 1994-2007 correct? I mean I love my team but boy did they stink it up for a long time.

I do, and I don't want to go back down that road.

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

I do, and I don't want to go back down that road.

Neither do I. Thankfully, the Celtics' FO is a lot better, nowadays.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2014, 08:41:57 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

You sound like Rick Pitino when he traded Billups.

Billups, Johnson, Pierce and Walker could've been a nice team.

Pitino didn't have such a rational reason when he traded Billups.

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2014, 08:44:34 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
So it looks like minnesota knew this all along but threw out reports that the Bulls had the better offer. It looks like mission accomplished if were giving them all our picks this year Sully or KO along with a coupe firsts next year (Clipper and Brooklyn pick) hope that isn't the case. That's way too much, no?

I have faith in Ainge though if it'll help us land Melo and that third shoe drops we have to do it.

No its way too much.

No, it's not.

Your entitled to your opinion, but so am I, and I think it is too much for a guy who everyone knows is leaving anyways.

« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2014, 08:46:09 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
So it looks like minnesota knew this all along but threw out reports that the Bulls had the better offer. It looks like mission accomplished if were giving them all our picks this year Sully or KO along with a coupe firsts next year (Clipper and Brooklyn pick) hope that isn't the case. That's way too much, no?

I have faith in Ainge though if it'll help us land Melo and that third shoe drops we have to do it.

Depends what acquiring love also leads too. If Ainge didn't know ray silken would lead to kg he would never have traded the fifth overall pick for just him.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2014, 09:08:48 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Depends what acquiring love also leads too. If Ainge didn't know ray silken would lead to kg he would never have traded the fifth overall pick for just him.

I disagree, I think it depends on what other te

No its way too much.

No, it's not.

Your entitled to your opinion, but so am I, and I think it is too much for a guy who everyone knows is leaving anyways.

We might not even need to give that up, we don't have to give up fair value for Love, all we have to do is have the best offer.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2014, 09:21:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Chad ford is an idiot. He is no woj

Ainge has never overpaid as a celts gm. He will prob offer sully or ko and 17 but thats it. If the wolves say no , too bad.  He is set to draft smart, gordon, randle or whoever drops at 6th

You dont give up everything on a guy who might jet after 1 yr. His verbal promise means nothing to me. Look at what boozer did to the cavs

« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2014, 09:24:47 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Ainge has never overpaid as a celts gm. He will prob offer sully or ko and 17 but thats it. If the wolves say no , too bad.  He is set to draft smart, gordon, randle or whoever drops at 6th

You dont give up everything on a guy who might jet after 1 yr. His verbal promise means nothing to me. Look at what boozer did to the cavs

There is so much wrong with this post... You're deluded if you seriously think Ainge will only offer Sully, and the 17th pick...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Chad Ford is no Woj, but that doesn't mean he's an unreliable source. He's plugged in with the General Managers.

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2014, 09:30:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Chad Ford is no Woj, but that doesn't mean he's an unreliable source. He's plugged in with the General Managers.

He is unreliable.  Just bc he works for espn ppl think he is reliable

Woj is prob the only reliable nba source out there. And his info only comes out like the day prior of the actual event

« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2014, 09:31:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

There is so much wrong with this post... You're deluded if you seriously think Ainge will only offer Sully, and the 17th pick...

Your deluded if you think he is going to give up the farm on a possible 1 yr rental.

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2014, 09:38:34 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
chad ford is a pretty good source even if he isnt woj...you just dont want to hear it because you dont want to give up sullinger/olynyk

hate to break it to you triboy....if you want an allstar who averages 26ppg and 12rpg you are going to have to give up more than sullinger and #17.

at the very least you are giving up sullinger, #6 and #17. maybe throw in another first rounder. I hardly call that overpaying.

now if you give up 4 first rounders, sure that is overpaying. But ainge has 10picks over the next 5 years. hard to believe he uses all of them...

« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2014, 09:39:01 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Your deluded if you think he is going to give up the farm on a possible 1 yr rental.

He was reportedly willing to give up Rondo for a possible one-year rental of Chris Paul with no guarantee of an extension.  In a trade with no extension, I think Ainge is willing to give up at least 75% of the value that he would trade for Love with an extension as part of the deal, possibly more
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

He is unreliable.  Just bc he works for espn ppl think he is reliable

Woj is prob the only reliable nba source out there. And his info only comes out like the day prior of the actual event

- Woj has already said the C's are going after Love
- Love says he wants to be traded by july 1st
- Love has visited Boston and partied with many sports stars from the patriots
- Love went to fenway with his agent and trainer , just happens to meet Rondo
- Wyc stated that we could see fireworks
- C's clearly have the best offer for Love, he has said he doesn't want to go to CLE
- Love goes on ESPN and the only thing they couldn't ask him about is Boston.....

It is going to happen . We might be throwing in an extra 1st rd pick to get Martin back, or move Wallaces contract . 

This is going to happen