Author Topic: Interesting Post on Minny Message Board ............  (Read 2260 times)

Interesting Post on Minny Message Board ............
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:15:15 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I have brought this up in a couple other threads,how in addition to all the assets the C's could give Minny, it would also benefit Minny by getting a high lottery pick in 2015 (their own pick)

I just ran across this post by a Wolves fan saying their pick next year was sent to the Suns,but is top 12 protected.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1328249&start=20

I think one of the under valued aspect of a deal with the Celtics is the 2015 draft pick that the Wolves would be getting for themselves. Minnesota owes their 2015 first to Phoenix, but it is protected top 12. If they go the non rebuilding route and pick up say the Denver deal there is a good chance you lose that pick. If you go the rebuilding route with Boston and then give your rookies and sophomores (Dieng/Bazz) plenty of minutes, that's most likely a lottery team. You're keeping that 2015 pick and making it likely it's top 10 if not higher.

Boston didn't get the #6 pick from the Nets trade, they got it from dumping their best players and tanking for it. If the Wolves trade with Boston they're not only getting a truckload of picks, but they keep their own 2015 and have a good chance of picking up another high lottery selection next year for themselves.

I think some of these other packages are competitive value wise, but I'd be worried about the direction Flip would be taking the Wolves in if he went with a lot of them.

So if they go with the GSW, Den , or Bulls deal ,they are not only just getting a bunch of high end role players that will keep them mediocre in the long run, but they also lose their pick next year.

If they do the c's deal they will get a top 5-10 pick next year

So the C's deal really would be

Minny gets

#6 (Randle, Vonleah, Smart or Gordon )
top5-10 pick in 2015
Brooklyn 2016
Sully
cap space

Seems like a no brainer to me....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:21:23 AM by rondohondo »

Re: Interesting Post on Minny Message Board ............
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 11:21:43 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
they are definitely positioning themselves to tank if they're going with Flip as their coach. that has interim coach written all over it. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to move Pekovic too to free up more salary.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:29:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Flip is not there to coach to rebuild or tank love or no love.

If that was the strategy then you just let an assistant run the team for the year

The wolves are sick of rebuild, tank cycle. Love or not they r looking to making the playoffs imo.  Getting some new faces like thompson, lee would be better for that club anyways

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

If that was the strategy then you just let an assistant run the team for the year

The wolves are sick of rebuild, tank cycle. Love or not they r looking to making the playoffs imo.  Getting some new faces like thompson, lee would be better for that club anyways

Hi triboy it's your buddy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v77XxCkOiY

:P

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

The franchise is saving money by have Flip coach the team, hell, he is part owner of the team.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 11:43:47 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
tpop

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I have brought this up in a couple other threads,how in addition to all the assets the C's could give Minny, it would also benefit Minny by getting a high lottery pick in 2015 (their own pick)

I just ran across this post by a Wolves fan saying their pick next year was sent to the Suns,but is top 12 protected.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1328249&start=20

I think one of the under valued aspect of a deal with the Celtics is the 2015 draft pick that the Wolves would be getting for themselves. Minnesota owes their 2015 first to Phoenix, but it is protected top 12. If they go the non rebuilding route and pick up say the Denver deal there is a good chance you lose that pick. If you go the rebuilding route with Boston and then give your rookies and sophomores (Dieng/Bazz) plenty of minutes, that's most likely a lottery team. You're keeping that 2015 pick and making it likely it's top 10 if not higher.

Boston didn't get the #6 pick from the Nets trade, they got it from dumping their best players and tanking for it. If the Wolves trade with Boston they're not only getting a truckload of picks, but they keep their own 2015 and have a good chance of picking up another high lottery selection next year for themselves.

I think some of these other packages are competitive value wise, but I'd be worried about the direction Flip would be taking the Wolves in if he went with a lot of them.

So if they go with the GSW, Den , or Bulls deal ,they are not only just getting a bunch of high end role players that will keep them mediocre in the long run, but they also lose their pick next year.

If they do the c's deal they will get a top 5-10 pick next year

So the C's deal really would be

Minny gets

#6 (Randle, Vonleah, Smart or Gordon )
top5-10 pick in 2015
Brooklyn 2016
Sully
cap space

Seems like a no brainer to me....
Nice find TP.

I hope Danny is working this angle with Flip. It sounds like young players and picks will be more palatable if he covets that 2015 lottery pick. He would be a fool to trade for mediocre role players and mid level starters unless they are on expiring contracts he can use for cap space.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:02:37 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
My impression is that the T-Wolves do not want to completely tank. Even if they did, they could easily accomplish that on their own without the help of Boston giving them lots of picks instead of players. It's very possible that they finish 12th or below anyway since they finished 13th this season WITH Love.

Anyway you can't really add their own pick to the deal as if it's part of Boston's offer. A pick has to eventually go to PHX anyway, so if it's not next year than it's the year after.

The dramatic use of ellipses was .............

such a disappointment.