Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love  (Read 26530 times)

Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love
« on: June 17, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Jay O ‏@MrTrpleDouble10  26m
h/t to ==> RT @KevinOConnorNBA: Here is the latest from Chad Ford on Kevin Love rumors. pic.twitter.com/TVRInGr6G5

Re: Chad Ford: C's may have the best offer for Love
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
That made my day ;D

How recent was this written?

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
That made my day ;D

How recent was this written?

I guess today

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Danny is not going to give up that many assets for a potential 1 year rental.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:27:33 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This has been the vibe I've gotten from all the naysaying and rumors of "better offers" TWolves management has been putting out.  They're claiming there are better offers because they desperately want to up Love's price, either from others or by getting us to bid against ourselves.  Problem is most smaller market teams aren't biting because they know Love won't stay, and a lot of the bigger teams are rebuilding or facing luxury tax issues.

I'm really hoping if we get Love that we're able to hang on to the #17, we could get a nice young piece at that spot, maybe another scoring wing that we desperately need.   Doesn't look like it'll happen, though. 

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 10:28:28 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Is there any doubt that Flip is actually the "source close to Flip?" They're trying to drive up the price. It's not difficult to establish what the Cs can offer for players, but all they need to do is get reporters to up the Cs inclusion of 1st rounders and maybe the Wolves can get some of those on the table from the other suitors.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

I don't think he's saying that he'll give up ALL of that (hope not). I think he's just using it as an example of what all Danny can offer.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 10:33:47 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
This has been the vibe I've gotten from all the naysaying and rumors of "better offers" TWolves management has been putting out.  They're claiming there are better offers because they desperately want to up Love's price, either from others or by getting us to bid against ourselves.  Problem is most smaller market teams aren't biting because they know Love won't stay, and a lot of the bigger teams are rebuilding or facing luxury tax issues.

I'm really hoping if we get Love that we're able to hang on to the #17, we could get a nice young piece at that spot, maybe another scoring wing that we desperately need.   Doesn't look like it'll happen, though.

I also think Love has been put on the back burner for some teams because they're trying to see what Lebron and Co. are going to do.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
By all reports everyone is still low-balling, and will probably continue to due so until the draft is very close at hand.

The list of everything the C's "could" offer is consistently put out there with what "has" been offered. Jackie Mac has said that all-in sort of offer hasn't been made. It'd be interesting to know just how far Danny is willing to push.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I don't think he's saying that he'll give up ALL of that (hope not). I think he's just using it as an example of what all Danny can offer.

Well if he cant offer most if not all it doesnt end up becoming the best offer.

The prospects at 6 and 17 I think have done enough at the workouts to entice ainge to not trade them. If this was the 2012 or 2013 draft, ainge likely does this trade without a thought

BS plus rondo and love is a bad mix.  BS is better suited for a full rebuild moving fwd imo

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I also think Love has been put on the back burner for some teams because they're trying to see what Lebron and Co. are going to do.
Yes and no. I think until the Miami opt outs are decided some teams aren't making any moves. But the teams in the Love hunt really aren't involved in the LeBron situation.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 10:39:17 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
It's up within the last hour.  I suspect 6+17 + BKN 2016.

And it's very unlikely that it's a 1 year rental.  Too much money would be lost by Love.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 10:39:33 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

Well if he cant offer most if not all it doesnt end up becoming the best offer.

The prospects at 6 and 17 I think have done enough at the workouts to entice ainge to not trade them. If this was the 2012 or 2013 draft, ainge likely does this trade without a thought

BS plus rondo and love is a bad mix.  BS is better suited for a full rebuild moving fwd imo

Why?

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 10:40:14 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
According to a rival GM, the Minnesota Timberwolves are ready to trade Kevin Love by draft night.

PBT

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

Yes and no. I think until the Miami opt outs are decided some teams aren't making any moves. But the teams in the Love hunt really aren't involved in the LeBron situation.

I think Chicago is the only team that comes to mind that was reportedly backing off from Love to see what the Heat do.