Author Topic: Is LeBron a quitter????  (Read 12594 times)

Re: Is LeBron a quitter????
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
here's a fun bit from Grantland:

When it gets complicated is when both sides feed off each other. When the rational people from the first group feel the need to frame all of their arguments as a response to the crazy people in the second group, and the haters in the second group use it all as proof that LeBron?s the most overhyped athlete of his generation.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/love-and-hate-in-the-lebron-era/
You don't think that article was a little pro-Lebron biased?

1st group = people who love Lebron = rational people
2nd group = people who don't love Lebron = haters, idiots, wrong

I am not a Lebron fan. I find him to be the best player currently playing basketball on this planet. He will go down as an All-time great. But to think he and his game are unapproachable from criticism as this writer on Grantland says goes a little over the line the other way, don't you think?

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I too think he is the best player right now.  But I don't like him and think despite all his talent he has some minor character issues.   When the going get's tough sometimes he get's going and sometimes he folds.   This is not the first time he has hung up his spurs when he thought he was getting beat.

" as Barkley said he is closer to catching Kobe than MJ" 

« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2014, 05:51:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
here's a fun bit from Grantland:

When it gets complicated is when both sides feed off each other. When the rational people from the first group feel the need to frame all of their arguments as a response to the crazy people in the second group, and the haters in the second group use it all as proof that LeBron?s the most overhyped athlete of his generation.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/love-and-hate-in-the-lebron-era/
You don't think that article was a little pro-Lebron biased?

1st group = people who love Lebron = rational people
2nd group = people who don't love Lebron = haters, idiots, wrong

I am not a Lebron fan. I find him to be the best player currently playing basketball on this planet. He will go down as an All-time great. But to think he and his game are unapproachable from criticism as this writer on Grantland says goes a little over the line the other way, don't you think?

I don't think Sharp articulates his point very well outside of that article, actually: he hedges too much towards the middle. That's why I quoted that section of it.

The crazy people in the second group =/= all of the people in the second group. The rational people from the first group =/= all of the people in the first group.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.