Author Topic: Is LeBron a quitter????  (Read 12631 times)

Re: Is LeBron a quitter????
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2014, 02:38:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Since when has Lebron, if he wanted in or out of a game not gotten his way? He left the game with 6 1/2 minutes left and was gone. He never went back to the coach and told him to put him in. He never went back to the scorer's table and tried to check himself back in. He sat, started crying and proceeded to wipe himself down and whine on the bench.

If he wanted back in there was no way he doesn't get back in that game. He stayed out because he gave up, pure and simple. If he wanted back in he would have been back in because Spoelstra doesn't tell Lebron when to sit and when to play. Lebron does that himself.

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
(Haven't read every page so this may have been mentioned)

But up until the point he came out with  6 minutes left hadn't he only gone to the bench for a total of like 14 seconds? Is it not possible that He/spo wanted to take a few minute break before they made their final push, but when it was time for him to come in it was obviously to late? Not to mention Lebron cannot beat the Spurs single handed, no one can.  Probably the only time you'll see me "defending" him.

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
The messiah is no quitter.  He's an absolute gamer.

The series exposed the messiah and the heat, though....  (1) They need a point guard.  (2) When the games are called by the rulebook the messiah's and particularly wade's advantages are substantially lessened.

That and they lost to a far superior team in every facet of the game.

Yeah, Lebron's production on the floor really took a hit.  I mean shooting over 50% from the floor and down town.  Awful.

Statistically....The same...OK.

You think he performed anywhere near the same level that he did last year's Finals when he was being officiated like the regular season last year? ....We must've been watching different series.

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

The series exposed the messiah and the heat, though....  (1) They need a point guard.  (2) When the games are called by the rulebook the messiah's and particularly wade's advantages are substantially lessened.

Yeah, Lebron's production on the floor really took a hit.  I mean shooting over 50% from the floor and down town.  Awful.

You think he performed anywhere near the same level that he did last year's Finals when he was being officiated like the regular season last year? ....We must've been watching different series.

The difference was last year, his teammates showed up and for the Spurs, Manu was really beat up. 

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2014, 03:20:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Honest question... what more could LeBron have really done?

In the finals, he averaged 28 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 57%/52%/79%  ...

That's obscenely good.   He was the best player in the series.  His team was outclassed.  Definitely not his fault.

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
(Haven't read every page so this may have been mentioned)

But up until the point he came out with  6 minutes left hadn't he only gone to the bench for a total of like 14 seconds? Is it not possible that He/spo wanted to take a few minute break before they made their final push, but when it was time for him to come in it was obviously to late? Not to mention Lebron cannot beat the Spurs single handed, no one can.  Probably the only time you'll see me "defending" him.

Good point.  It's one I made a bit earlier.  Nobody wants reason or reality thrown into this melee, though. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

In the finals, he averaged 28 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 57%/52%/79%  ...

That's obscenely good.   He was the best player in the series.  His team was outclassed.  Definitely not his fault.

Nothing.

Look at the two teams that gave him the biggest issues in his career when he was forced to go it alone:  Boston and San Antonio.

Two teams that played world class team defense and completely shut down all the players around him. 

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Pretty much. 

The way the Spurs played Games 3-5, heck the '86 Celtics would've had problems.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2014, 03:35:36 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

The difference was last year, his teammates showed up and for the Spurs, Manu was really beat up.

....That and the officials weren't wearing heat uniforms. 

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2014, 03:38:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

LeBron averaged more FTA per game in this year's Finals (5.8 ) than last year's (5.57).  Where was this difference in officiating, exactly?  I hear it's really blatant.

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2014, 04:33:34 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50

LeBron averaged more FTA per game in this year's Finals (5.8 ) than last year's (5.57).  Where was this difference in officiating, exactly?  I hear it's really blatant.
last years  free throws were from more blatant flops.

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Well that's empiric.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2014, 04:35:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
There were some bad calls last night where I saw no one touch him in the replay.  This happened a few times and does every game.  That is the great thing about replay it shows how often they get it wrong.  I thought the Spurs were hosed last year.   This was a horrible call for instance amd how is this not a foul?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwMpbS36OU0

Tons of body contact.   The refs are clowns.   I get you don't want a call to decide a game but when a man gets bodied that that on a block tis a foul.

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2014, 04:42:51 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
There were some bad calls last night where I saw no one touch him in the replay.  This happened a few times and does every game.  That is the great thing about replay it shows how often they get it wrong.  I thought the Spurs were hosed last year.   This was a horrible call for instance amd how is this not a foul?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwMpbS36OU0

Tons of body contact.   The refs are clowns.   I get you don't want a call to decide a game but when a man gets bodied that that on a block tis a foul.

That was absolutely a foul.  Maybe it was because the NBA wanted a game 7.  I thought the officiating was noticeably better this year.  Maybe it's because Stern is gone.

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

LeBron James career playoff averages - 28 pts, 8.4 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 48% from the field. 

James has had MANY playoff series where he put up better numbers than this Finals.  I remember a series against Orlando when Cleveland wasn't very good and James put up video game type numbers.  Those shooting percentages are crazy but the other numbers are not "obscenely good".

Kevin Durant playoff averages this year - 29.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, 3.9 assists on 46% from the field.  Does anyone think Durant had an "obscenely good" run in the playoffs this year?

Mike