Author Topic: Is LeBron a quitter????  (Read 12627 times)

Is LeBron a quitter????
« on: June 16, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
So is LeBron a quitter?   Images of last night on him on the bench with  6.5 minutes left to go were not flattering. 

He has a rich history and has been accused before:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365793

To be fair he had a good series overall.   His team mates didn't deliver.   I think a lot of the credit goes to the Spurs and their masterful basketball style.  But does he have character flaws?   We all do but I seriosly think he lacks the heart and drive of a champion.

That being said he is still a great basketball player.   He could have been the greatest ever if he had drive  and indomitable spirit to go with his immense talent.   But something is lacking there in his psyche and this is not the first time it has surfaced folks.

Re: Is LeBron a quitter????
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 08:19:53 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He definitely doesn't have the stamina of guys like Jordan and Kobe.  He seemed to use 3/4 of his gas in the first 6 minutes of the game.

I would agree that when he thinks that he doesn't have a chance to win the game, he goes through the motions... I guess you could classify that as a quitter.  Some of the other greats would not do that.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 08:24:35 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Hey LeBron, how many minutes will be left on the clock before you give up on your team?

"Not 2.. Not 3.. Not 4.. Not 5.. Not 6.. Not 7.."

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 08:32:28 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
He definitely doesn't have the stamina of guys like Jordan and Kobe.  He seemed to use 3/4 of his gas in the first 6 minutes of the game.

I would agree that when he thinks that he doesn't have a chance to win the game, he goes through the motions... I guess you could classify that as a quitter.  Some of the other greats would not do that.

yeah, I think he sees his teammates quit and just wants to fit in. cuz ya know we gotta blame the teammates.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 08:34:03 AM »

Offline Kevin OConnor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
  • @KevinOConnorNBA
Personally, I don't think the fact he was on the bench with 6:30 to go and didn't return is being discussed enough. In no other sport does a team give up that easily. Down 18? So what! You never know what can happen if your team starts catching fire and starts draining threes. What if you finish as fast as you started? Embarrassing.
www.twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA

I like sports and music.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
Personally, I don't think the fact he was on the bench with 6:30 to go and didn't return is being discussed enough. In no other sport does a team give up that easily. Down 18? So what! You never know what can happen if your team starts catching fire and starts draining threes. What if you finish as fast as you started? Embarrassing.

yeah esp. considering that Lebron is this "supposed" huge NBA history buff. he obviously missed the reggie miller impossible comeback against the knicks.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I personally was shocked that he came out and stayed out. At first I thought they must be sitting him for a few seconds to get his wind for a major 1 vs 5 last 5 minutes of the season go for it. Im not a lebron fan but 5 min of him trying to save the season would have been great entertainment.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 09:16:55 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If he was a quitter, he never would've stuck in the NBA
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 09:18:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Really?

All this proves is once again, Lebron can not beat the Spurs by himself. 

He couldn't in Cleveland when the talent was low around him.

And now he can't in Miami when Wade and Bosh played like bench players pushed into service because of injuries.  Could those two have come up any smaller? 

28.2, 7.8. 4.0 while shooting .571 form the field and .529 from the long distance.

But he is the problem.  He is the one that quit. 

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 09:22:28 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Really?

And now he can't in Miami when Wade and Bosh played like bench players pushed into service because of injuries.  Could those two have come up any smaller? 

28.2, 7.8. 4.0 while shooting .571 form the field and .529 from the long distance.

True, but he has two stars on his team. We cant say "poor lebron" because D.wade is breaking down fast, and Bosh is..Bosh. Now we are going to say "well he needs carmelo too!"

Lebron is the biggest frontrunner. when things are going well, he plays well. But when the chips are down he sulks and gives up.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 09:22:59 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
It was obvious he quit on the team. He took and missed a three around 8ish in the 4th. Stood there and walked back on defense, when Miami got the turn over they played 4 on 5 and he didn't even come to play offense. His second half body language was that of a guy who completely gave up in that situation.

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 09:23:22 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I personally was shocked that he came out and stayed out. At first I thought they must be sitting him for a few seconds to get his wind for a major 1 vs 5 last 5 minutes of the season go for it. Im not a lebron fan but 5 min of him trying to save the season would have been great entertainment.

Give the guy a break, will ya!!!

MAYBE he had menstrual cramps. ;)

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 09:27:49 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

also, this is why I question his passion. I absolutely believe he has the passion, want and need to be known and remembered as a champion and one of the all time greats. I just don't think he has the passion to put the work in. he wants it to be easy and basically handed to him.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 09:31:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Really?

TP

LeBron can't be expected to run their offense, be their number one scorer, be their best defender, and also provide the hustle/energy/spark for the team when they're down.

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
LeBron had an excellent series but basically none of his teammates even performed up to their regular-season standard, let alone better.  That's certainly not his fault.

But I did think it was very odd that he stayed out for the last 6+ minutes when he was the only one playing well and the lead wasn't THAT big.  It kinda reminded me of Game 6 in 2010 against us, when he again had an excellent game but just halfheartedly trotted up and down the court for the last couple minutes (with a much smaller deficit than last night).  Makes me wonder if he's mentally checked out of Miami the way he seemed to be checked out of Cleveland at the end of that game.