Author Topic: 10 Days till the draft make your prediction how the Cs roster looks after draft  (Read 7021 times)

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Opening Night Roster:

PG - Rondo
SG - Bradley
SF - Green
PF - Bass
C - Sully
--Bench---
6th - C/PF - Oly
7th - SF - Wallace
8th - PF/SF - Aaron Gordon
9th - PG/SG - Bayless
10th - SG/SF - Chris Johnson
11th - C - Faverani
12th - SF - Kyle Anderson

Team wins 31 games.

#fireworks
- LilRip

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Giving 4 first round picks AND sully for Love is very hard to swallow. And its not like we have a center already. I do not like asik, the guy had one good year and he thinks he's the man. Also he sucks at blocking shots.

Keep in mind that we're also getting back Kevin Martin while also unloading Gerald Wallace's contract. 4 picks and Sully isn't a bad cost at all; in fact, I'd say Minnesota might still fish for something else. A big with perimeter range like Faverani might be a possibility.

Also, I think if we do get Asik from Houston - and I think the possibility of that is pretty high - we're going to have to absorb Lin's contract with it, while sending out Bogans' non-guaranteed with the TPE. I actually wouldn't mind that because despite his contract, he's a very steady backup PG to have behind Rondo (when's the last time we had one of those?), a very intellectual and selfless player, and can still be a trade asset down the line being an expiring contract. Plus, he's familiar with the area, and vice versa.

Rondo | Lin | Pressey
Bradley | Martin
Green | Johnson
Love | Bass
Asik | Olynyk | Anthony
(Pending: Humphries, Bayless)

While Bradley is technically also pending, I would love to lock him up as soon as possible after swinging the Love & Asik deals. He rounds out that starting unit nicely, and his injury concerns are mitigated by having consistent, veteran scorer serving as a sixth man off the bench.

I'll use that to segway into the bench, which I feel would be very valuable to the team. If we're looking to compete soon, I don't understand why people are clamoring to trade Bass as a piece to acquire Love, Asik, etc. He's been frustrating on occasion over the past few years, but overall he's still one of the most consistent mid-range PFs in the game. This scenario would allow him to exclusively play his natural position on the court, and he'd be playing alongside a backup PG who is a maestro at working the screens and finding open big men. And honestly, to have a bench led by Lin, Martin, and Bass is an absolute steal. We've seen over the C's own Big 3 era as well as the recent Spurs/Heat matchups that bench scoring is absolutely vital; to have consistent veterans like Lin, Martin, and Bass to spell the starters is a huge asset.

I know a lot of people think it's all about having star power, but I think this team would be a championship contender. You have a staunch defensive base, perimeter shooting, unselfish players, phenomenal depth, and pieces that fit together being coached by Brad Stevens. Sign me up for that any day.

Absolutely. I'd be ecstatic to have that team heading into next season and nothing is very far-fetched.

Also agree on Lin. People treat him as a scrub but the kid (only 25) can absolutely play. Is excellent in the PnR and creates well for others.

Also agree on getting Kevin Martin in a love deal. Despite his defenisve deficiencies, he's a superb shooter and has put points on the board efficiently his entire career.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Rondo Lin Pressey
Bradley Martin Johnson
Green McDaniels
Love Bass
Asik Olynyk Faverani

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Opening Night Roster:

PG - Rondo
SG - Bradley
SF - Green
PF - Bass
C - Sully
--Bench---
6th - C/PF - Oly
7th - SF - Wallace
8th - PF/SF - Aaron Gordon
9th - PG/SG - Bayless
10th - SG/SF - Chris Johnson
11th - C - Faverani
12th - SF - Kyle Anderson

Team wins 31 games.

#fireworks
#blessed

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Opening night roster:
Rondo/NickJohnson/Pressey
AB/JamesYoung/Bayless
Green/Wallace/CJ
Love/Olynyk/Bass
Asik/Faverani/Iverson

Team wins 48 games minimum...

Offline Mikedmx6

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Rondo pressey Shabazz
Bradley Bayless
Green Wallace Johnson
Love bass olynk
Gortat faverani Iverson

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Roster
RR, Lin, Pressey
AB, Smart
JG, Warren, Wallace
JS (4/5), KO (4/5), Bass
Asik, Anthony

Draft

#6 Smart (If available, Vonleh)
#17 Warren (If Vonleh at 6, then best SG available)
#25 Stash a Euro like Nurkic or trade out

Trade

In: Asik, Linn, 25th pick
Out: Bogans, Faverani, Trade Exception

HOU goes after Melo/Love
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:24:57 AM by colincb »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Rondo/Aaron Brooks/Pressey
Bradley/LaVine/Chris Johnson
Jeff Green/C. Brewer/G. Wallace
Kevin Love/Olynyk/Dwight Powell
Greg Monroe/Clint Capela/C. Iverson

Bass/Bogans/J. Anthony/Faverani/Sullinger/2014 BOS #6/2016 BKN 1st rounder for K. Love/C. Brewer

2015 LAC 1st rounder/cash for 2014 HOU #25/2014 HOU #42

Take Zach LaVine with #17 (or if unavailable, a similar guard prospect). Take Clint Capela with #25 (or if unavailable, a similar forward/center prospect). Take Dwight Powell with #42 (or if unavailable, a similar forward/center prospect).

Sign Greg Monroe (preferably 4 years/$52 million range). Sign Aaron Brooks to 2 years/vet min.

If Monroe demanded a max deal I think I would give it to him. The kid is a special player (anyone see Al Jefferson in him?) and while a Love/Monroe pairing would likely lack much of a defensive punch, it has the potential to be an unstoppable offensive combination. I would use the stretch provision on Wallace to do it. I believe the team needs a better third wheel than Jeff Green to a) compete both immediately and in the future and b) to convince Rondo/Love to sign team-friendly extensions. Monroe is the most likely of possible acquisitions that is talented enough to fill such a role.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:37:02 AM by TheFlex »

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Roster
RR, Lin, Pressey
AB, Smart
JG, Warren, Wallace
JS (4/5), KO (4/5), Bass
Asik, Anthony

Draft

#6 Smart (If available, Vonleh)
#17 Warren (If Vonleh at 6, then best SG available)
#25 Stash a Euro like Nurkic or trade out

Trade

In: Asik, Linn, 25th pick
Out: Bogans, Faverani, Trade Exception

HOU goes after Melo/Love

Seems like this is a very possible scenario.  I do think Asik/Lin is a pretty good possibility for us.  I feel there's a much better chance for this than selling the farm for Love, and if it is to be Asik and Lin, then I like your selection of two ready to play college guys in Smart and Warren.  Not my two favorites, but in terms of being ready to contribute, they seem like good selections.

That certainly looks like a playoff team.  Probably a first round out, but it's a start, and we'd still have a sack full of assets going forward.  Looking forward to seeing what sort of progress Sully and Kelly would make if they're still here.

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
We should make a serious move for Gortat.
First person to come up with this one!
Love has to be #1 course of action.  Gortat would be great.  I know he has discussed liking Boston etc, not sure with the team washington put together if he'd be staying there as the nucleus looks promising.  But if possible a core of love, gortat, green, rondo and ? is a very good starting team.  I know bradley is there but I am still not 100% sold on him as quality starter on a good team.

Offline CM0

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

Celtics trade the #6 for Afflalo and the #12
Celtics draft Dario Saric at #12
Celtics draft James Young at #17
Celtics trade TPE, Bogans, and filler for Asik + Lin + #42
Celtics draft Isaiah Austin at #42

Rondo/Lin
Afflalo/Young
Green/Saric/Wallace
Sully/KO/Bass
Asik/KO/Austin

Team wins 45-50 games and earns a 3 seed. Young players (Young, Saric, KO) get plenty of minutes for development. Team maintains all of its future picks and sheds a TON of salary next year. Players can either be resigned for less if they fit the team (Lin, Asik, etc) or let walk. Huge trades can be made next year once Stevens and Ainge have a better idea of how players fit with the team long-term. Rondo is resigned with a no-trade clause. A winning culture is developed for young players and the team becomes an attractive FA destination due to winning and solid talent. The team has tons of draft picks and young players to make trades at the deadline or next offseason.

It's all about flexibility. No need to sell the farm for Love right now.