Author Topic: 10 Days till the draft make your prediction how the Cs roster looks after draft  (Read 7020 times)

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Adding Gordon, Rodney hood, and guy who went undrafted. /purchased 2nd rounder

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Celtics will keep #6 and #17 picks..Aaron Gordon and Zach LaVine
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Danny will make a play for Love it doesn't go down, I think we will trade down with Charlotte.   I think he will take Doug McDermott.  He is a guy I don't want we usually take guys I do not like.  I've been wrong on them before and won't mind being wrong if he is good in the NBA.   We will receive 9 and 24 for the number 6.   DA will fleece Jordan.  So we pick 9, 17, 24 = asset city.  Iif Embiid by some miracle drops I think DA will draft him and not do the deal.

He will then trade the TPE to some team looking for cap space to sign Melo or LeBron.  I could see a sign and trade with AB and I could see Green and Bass finding new homes as well.  I could see us making a play for Hayward, Stevens loves him and he knows the system.  Noah would be a great big for us if we deal with Chicago.   He would do well in a motion offense and he can pass.  I think Rondo, Oly and Sully will still be here.   I think we will be tanking one more year as well depending on what happens but I hope I am wrong on that one.

I have no idea really.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Opening Night Roster:

PG - Rondo
SG - Bradley
SF - Green
PF - Bass
C - Sully
--Bench---
6th - C/PF - Oly
7th - SF - Wallace
8th - PF/SF - Aaron Gordon
9th - PG/SG - Bayless
10th - SG/SF - Chris Johnson
11th - C - Faverani
12th - SF - Kyle Anderson

Team wins 31 games.

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Giving 4 first round picks AND sully for Love is very hard to swallow. And its not like we have a center already. I do not like asik, the guy had one good year and he thinks he's the man. Also he sucks at blocking shots.

Keep in mind that we're also getting back Kevin Martin while also unloading Gerald Wallace's contract. 4 picks and Sully isn't a bad cost at all; in fact, I'd say Minnesota might still fish for something else. A big with perimeter range like Faverani might be a possibility.

Also, I think if we do get Asik from Houston - and I think the possibility of that is pretty high - we're going to have to absorb Lin's contract with it, while sending out Bogans' non-guaranteed with the TPE. I actually wouldn't mind that because despite his contract, he's a very steady backup PG to have behind Rondo (when's the last time we had one of those?), a very intellectual and selfless player, and can still be a trade asset down the line being an expiring contract. Plus, he's familiar with the area, and vice versa.

Rondo | Lin | Pressey
Bradley | Martin
Green | Johnson
Love | Bass
Asik | Olynyk | Anthony
(Pending: Humphries, Bayless)

While Bradley is technically also pending, I would love to lock him up as soon as possible after swinging the Love & Asik deals. He rounds out that starting unit nicely, and his injury concerns are mitigated by having consistent, veteran scorer serving as a sixth man off the bench.

I'll use that to segway into the bench, which I feel would be very valuable to the team. If we're looking to compete soon, I don't understand why people are clamoring to trade Bass as a piece to acquire Love, Asik, etc. He's been frustrating on occasion over the past few years, but overall he's still one of the most consistent mid-range PFs in the game. This scenario would allow him to exclusively play his natural position on the court, and he'd be playing alongside a backup PG who is a maestro at working the screens and finding open big men. And honestly, to have a bench led by Lin, Martin, and Bass is an absolute steal. We've seen over the C's own Big 3 era as well as the recent Spurs/Heat matchups that bench scoring is absolutely vital; to have consistent veterans like Lin, Martin, and Bass to spell the starters is a huge asset.

I know a lot of people think it's all about having star power, but I think this team would be a championship contender. You have a staunch defensive base, perimeter shooting, unselfish players, phenomenal depth, and pieces that fit together being coached by Brad Stevens. Sign me up for that any day.

We are looking at the off-season the same exact way. I particularly like the idea of keeping bass if possible. He and KO as the primary back-up isn't great for rim protection but they give offensive versatility. Bass is also a nice player to throw at Lebron in spurts. One thing I have to add is that adding Bogans to the TPE isn't allowed. Players can't be combined with TPE only draft picks.

I'm pretty sure that what he meant was that in order to get Asik, we'll also have to take on Lin's contract and that to do both deals will require both the TPE and Bogans' contract.

Asik -> TPE

then

Lin (+pick) ->Boston
Bogans + Babb -> HOU  (might need to add CJ or Pressey to get the dollars right)
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Asik - Olynyk - Favarani

Love - Mitch McGary

Green - Wallace - Johnson

Bayless - James Young

Lin  -  Pressey
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Opening Night Roster:

PG - Rondo
SG - Bradley
SF - Green
PF - Bass
C - Sully
--Bench---
6th - C/PF - Oly
7th - SF - Wallace
9th - PG/SG - Bayless
11th - C - Faverani

Team wins 31 games.
Hate to agree with you on this but I think you are right
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Opening Night Roster:

PG - Rondo
SG - Bradley
SF - Green
PF - Bass
C - Sully
--Bench---
6th - C/PF - Oly
7th - SF - Wallace
9th - PG/SG - Bayless
11th - C - Faverani

Team wins 31 games.
Best case scenario, Gordon has a solid rookie year and eventually takes starting spot from Green in 2015-2016.

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
R. Rondo
A. Bradley
J. Green
K. Love
O. Asik
D.Waiters
G. Wallace
C. Jefferson
C. Johnson
filler -----

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Opening Night Roster:

PG - Rondo
SG - Bradley
SF - Green
PF - Bass
C - Sully
--Bench---
6th - C/PF - Oly
7th - SF - Wallace
9th - PG/SG - Bayless
11th - C - Faverani

Team wins 31 games.

*vomits* 
ek that was gross, sure hope not. 

this is what I got:

Rondo
KMartin
Pierce
Love
Asik
..with Bayless, Wallace, Humphries off the bench

Jeff Green+6th+Oly+more picks+filler------>MN
TPE+pick------>HOU
& last but not leaset PP opts out/ takes the MLE to chase #18

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Trade route:
Rondo   bench -Pressey- free agent or 2nd rounder
Afflalo    bench -Martin
Green    bench -Budinger
Love      bench -Olynyk
Asik       bench - Capella- Humphries

Make some moves by the deadline to shore up our bench for a playoff run.
52 wins
2nd round playoffs.
ECF if other major team gets significant injury and we don't.

Draft route:

Rondo
#6 pick Smart
Green
Sully
#17 pick Capella

27 wins
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Opening Night Roster:

PG - Rondo
SG - Bradley
SF - Green
PF - Bass
C - Sully
--Bench---
6th - C/PF - Oly
7th - SF - Wallace
9th - PG/SG - Bayless
11th - C - Faverani

Team wins 31 games.

Ah, let's see ... Bass & Sully as the starting front court ... so we are tanking again?

2015: Jahlil Okafor or BUST!!!!

Seriously, that, to me, is the fundamental difference that will signify whether we are trying to compete next year or 'rebuilding' one more time:  Do we have an actual center or not?  Are we going to continue to try to rotate power forwards through the 5 spot?

I won't say your projected roster is unrealistic, though.   It could definitely happen.

But I do think that even if he can't pull off the Love trade, just getting us an actual, real live defensive center such as an Asik or Sanders would fundamentally transform what next year would be all about.

'Not saying it would make us title contenders.  But would make a huge difference.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We should make a serious move for Gortat. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Rondo
Haywood (
Gordon
Monroe
Gortat
Bench: pierce, oly, bayless

How it happens
Green and a lottery protected future pick for Monroe.
Sully and expiring contract and a lotto protected future pick for Haywood

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Rondo
Afflalo
Melo
Love
Gortat

Don't ask me HOW it happens. It just does.