Author Topic: 10 Days till the draft make your prediction how the Cs roster looks after draft  (Read 7019 times)

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
The finals where great and now the draft is ten days away. What is everyones post draft roster predictions.

I think the following happens

1 Cs trade Sully, Bogans, Anthony, wallace, #6, 2015 Cs first, 2015 Phili pick, 2016 nets first (loto protected)

To

Min for Love, Martin and #44

I think the package for Love is the first 3 players and the first 3 picks listed. Then the trade is 2016 pick and wallace for Martin. Wallace has a one year shorter deal but isnt nearly as productive as martin so Cs must add pick. The same way they gained an extra Nets first to take him in the PP+KG trade. I think AB is resigned and Martin goes 6th man playing 30+ min behind Green and AB.

2 Cs trade TPE and #17

to

Houston for Asik and #25

With the picks

#25 Walter Tavares, I think DA risks Melo 2.0 and goes with a project big man at this pick. He is raw but was productive in the ACB and is huge.

#44 Nick Johnson, DJs nephew. despite being a 2nd round pick I would expect him to contribute from day 1. Very athletic combo guard who is NBA ready. (if not available then its Christon or Burton)

That would be my post draft predictions

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
The finals where great and now the draft is ten days away. What is everyones post draft roster predictions.

1 Cs trade Sully, Bogans, Anthony, wallace, #6, 2015 Cs first, 2015 Phili pick, 2016 nets first (loto protected)

To

I think the package for Love is the first 3 players and the first 3 picks listed. Then the trade is 2016 pick and wallace for Martin. Wallace has a one year shorter deal but isnt nearly as productive as martin so Cs must add pick. The same way they gained an extra Nets first to take him in the PP+KG trade. I think AB is resigned and Martin goes 6th man playing 30+ min behind Green and AB.

2 Cs trade TPE and #17

to

Houston for Asik and #25

With the picks

#25 Walter Tavares, I think DA risks Melo 2.0 and goes with a project big man at this pick. He is raw but was productive in the ACB and is huge.

#44 Nick Johnson, DJs nephew. despite being a 2nd round pick I would expect him to contribute from day 1. Very athletic combo guard who is NBA ready. (if not available then its Christon or Burton)

Giving 4 first round picks AND sully for Love is very hard to swallow. And its not like we have a center already. I do not like asik, the guy had one good year and he thinks he's the man. Also he sucks at blocking shots.

What I want:
trade Rondo to Lakers:get #7, and future first (draft Vonleh)
draft#6 and 17(smart, James Young)

Marcus Smart
James Young
Jeff Green
Sully
Noah Vonleh

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

To

2 Cs trade TPE and #17

to

Houston for Asik and #25

With the picks

Giving 4 first round picks AND sully for Love is very hard to swallow. And its not like we have a center already. I do not like asik, the guy had one good year and he thinks he's the man. Also he sucks at blocking shots.

What I want:

Marcus Smart
James Young
Jeff Green
Sully
Noah Vonleh

Also, we could draft Adriane Payne or Kyle Anderson, and resign Avery Bradely

Marcus Smart
Avery Bradley
Jeff Green
Sully
Noah Vonleh

Marcus Smart and Avery would tear it up defensively. We would get to have sully start at his natural position, and we get a guy that can protect the rim.

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
Seeing Rondo in Lakers' colors would be a tough pill to swallow. Although that is a decent return for him if the Cs choose to go that route, I would be disappointed to see that happen.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Hopefully without Rondo and Jeff Green.  Unless Rondo learns to help move the ball like Parker and Jeff green plays half as good as A 22 year old Kawei Leonard, I dont want either one of them messing up the flow of this team.  i think we have some young hungry core players that will buy into what stevens can do and we could have a team similar to the Spurs in the future.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Rondo
Green
Sully
Asik

Afflalo for Bradley sign and trade to follow the week after.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
#6+Green for Kawhi leolard for SF
trade Rondo to Lakers for their pick and draft Smart PG
trade C.Jonhson+bogans to move up and pick stauskas SG
TPE for asik  C
plus KO+Sully we have an nice young core to go with the picks

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

Keep in mind that we're also getting back Kevin Martin while also unloading Gerald Wallace's contract. 4 picks and Sully isn't a bad cost at all; in fact, I'd say Minnesota might still fish for something else. A big with perimeter range like Faverani might be a possibility.

Also, I think if we do get Asik from Houston - and I think the possibility of that is pretty high - we're going to have to absorb Lin's contract with it, while sending out Bogans' non-guaranteed with the TPE. I actually wouldn't mind that because despite his contract, he's a very steady backup PG to have behind Rondo (when's the last time we had one of those?), a very intellectual and selfless player, and can still be a trade asset down the line being an expiring contract. Plus, he's familiar with the area, and vice versa.

Rondo | Lin | Pressey
Bradley | Martin
Green | Johnson
Love | Bass
Asik | Olynyk | Anthony
(Pending: Humphries, Bayless)

While Bradley is technically also pending, I would love to lock him up as soon as possible after swinging the Love & Asik deals. He rounds out that starting unit nicely, and his injury concerns are mitigated by having consistent, veteran scorer serving as a sixth man off the bench.

I'll use that to segway into the bench, which I feel would be very valuable to the team. If we're looking to compete soon, I don't understand why people are clamoring to trade Bass as a piece to acquire Love, Asik, etc. He's been frustrating on occasion over the past few years, but overall he's still one of the most consistent mid-range PFs in the game. This scenario would allow him to exclusively play his natural position on the court, and he'd be playing alongside a backup PG who is a maestro at working the screens and finding open big men. And honestly, to have a bench led by Lin, Martin, and Bass is an absolute steal. We've seen over the C's own Big 3 era as well as the recent Spurs/Heat matchups that bench scoring is absolutely vital; to have consistent veterans like Lin, Martin, and Bass to spell the starters is a huge asset.

I know a lot of people think it's all about having star power, but I think this team would be a championship contender. You have a staunch defensive base, perimeter shooting, unselfish players, phenomenal depth, and pieces that fit together being coached by Brad Stevens. Sign me up for that any day.

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
We draft Gordon at 6, Saric falls to us at 17, re-sign Bradley to 6 million plus bonuses a year, Bayless to 4 million a year, guarantee, Johnson and Pressey, cut every other unguaranteed and call it a summer. That is my low ball prediction
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
You're asking/expecting a lot from Brad Stevens. He's not Popovich.
I moved the cheese.

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
We draft Gordon at 6, Saric falls to us at 17, re-sign Bradley to 6 million plus bonuses a year, Bayless to 4 million a year, guarantee, Johnson and Pressey, cut every other unguaranteed and call it a summer. That is my low ball prediction
Ya good luck with Saric at 17.. Honestly dont see him falling past the Nuggets..

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

Keep in mind that we're also getting back Kevin Martin while also unloading Gerald Wallace's contract. 4 picks and Sully isn't a bad cost at all; in fact, I'd say Minnesota might still fish for something else. A big with perimeter range like Faverani might be a possibility.

Also, I think if we do get Asik from Houston - and I think the possibility of that is pretty high - we're going to have to absorb Lin's contract with it, while sending out Bogans' non-guaranteed with the TPE. I actually wouldn't mind that because despite his contract, he's a very steady backup PG to have behind Rondo (when's the last time we had one of those?), a very intellectual and selfless player, and can still be a trade asset down the line being an expiring contract. Plus, he's familiar with the area, and vice versa.

Rondo | Lin | Pressey
Bradley | Martin
Green | Johnson
Love | Bass
Asik | Olynyk | Anthony
(Pending: Humphries, Bayless)

While Bradley is technically also pending, I would love to lock him up as soon as possible after swinging the Love & Asik deals. He rounds out that starting unit nicely, and his injury concerns are mitigated by having consistent, veteran scorer serving as a sixth man off the bench.

I'll use that to segway into the bench, which I feel would be very valuable to the team. If we're looking to compete soon, I don't understand why people are clamoring to trade Bass as a piece to acquire Love, Asik, etc. He's been frustrating on occasion over the past few years, but overall he's still one of the most consistent mid-range PFs in the game. This scenario would allow him to exclusively play his natural position on the court, and he'd be playing alongside a backup PG who is a maestro at working the screens and finding open big men. And honestly, to have a bench led by Lin, Martin, and Bass is an absolute steal. We've seen over the C's own Big 3 era as well as the recent Spurs/Heat matchups that bench scoring is absolutely vital; to have consistent veterans like Lin, Martin, and Bass to spell the starters is a huge asset.

I know a lot of people think it's all about having star power, but I think this team would be a championship contender. You have a staunch defensive base, perimeter shooting, unselfish players, phenomenal depth, and pieces that fit together being coached by Brad Stevens. Sign me up for that any day.

We are looking at the off-season the same exact way. I particularly like the idea of keeping bass if possible. He and KO as the primary back-up isn't great for rim protection but they give offensive versatility. Bass is also a nice player to throw at Lebron in spurts. One thing I have to add is that adding Bogans to the TPE isn't allowed. Players can't be combined with TPE only draft picks.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
triple post sorry

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
triple post sorry

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard

What I want:

I thought about this the other day but what do the Lakers have to give in salary that we would be willing to take? They also have Nash, doubt they can find a team to take him and doesn't make sense to have them both.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 06:12:42 PM by Randy »