Author Topic: I feel myself vomiting - Melo and Bron????  (Read 21413 times)

Re: Carmello to Miami?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
What good are GM's anyway?....you don't need them, the players team up for the Weasel NBA Championship Trophy...and they don't see anything wrong with it.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think what the Heat did was good for the league the first time. Sports fans love dominance. They do, seriously. Parity is great, and fun, but elite teams are what grab and hold fans attention.

That said, this is hot garbage if it goes down. There's dominance and there is greed.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Free agency and salary cap rules just don't seem to work in the NBA.

Of course, if the Spurs win in 5-6 games, I think teams will start looking at them as a model for how to build a championship team.  I'm not talking in the days of Timmy's prime, I'm talking now. Duncan is not a major component of that team's success this year. He contributes, but it is role guys like Green and Leonard and Mills and Diaw who are the difference.  Very well constructed team.  I am impressed.

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2014, 09:34:20 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Why stop there? Why not have those four sign for 10.5 each and sign Chris paul too.

But seriously if this happened I dont think I'd watch the NBA anymore.

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2014, 09:41:24 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I remember when Lebron posted this on his twitter a couple months ago

With the caption:
 LeBron James ‏@KingJames  Nov 24
"@DwyaneWade: The beginning... @KingJames @DwyaneWade @CameronAnthony pic.twitter.com/VBxWKCNCaz""(And nowhere near the end!)

Was he subliminally recruiting Melo, like he did Ray when he posted a pic of Ray in a Heat jersey..hmm.

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2014, 09:43:12 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I hope Durant ends up on San Antonio then.

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2014, 09:45:17 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
its going to happen. these rumors have a striking resemblance to when Lebron making his decision. Melo being quiet about the knicks. come on.

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2014, 09:49:07 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
Breaking News 2025:

Jabari Parker will sign with the Philadelphia 76ers, joining Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, and Dante Exum.

i never even thought about it, but do they complement each other?

Exum - ____ - Wiggins - Parker - Embiid

How well would they mesh together if all on the same team? i feel like this is quite the multi-faceted team.

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah....I could easily see this happening.

Regardless of what happens in the finals, I can't imagine the Heat break up their little party.

If anything, this will motivate them to add another big star.

Oh well, give me Love, Asik and Afflalo and I'll be happy ;D

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2014, 10:02:42 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Free agency and salary cap rules just don't seem to work in the NBA.

Of course, if the Spurs win in 5-6 games, I think teams will start looking at them as a model for how to build a championship team.  I'm not talking in the days of Timmy's prime, I'm talking now. Duncan is not a major component of that team's success this year. He contributes, but it is role guys like Green and Leonard and Mills and Diaw who are the difference.  Very well constructed team.  I am impressed.

The Heat are already looking at the Spurs as a model.  From the article:

The Heat are in essence trying to emulate some of the longstanding policies employed by their current Finals opponent, as the Spurs have been able to keep Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili together for more than a decade -- while routinely strengthening the supporting cast around them -- because their three best players have been repeatedly willing to take pay cuts.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2014, 10:12:42 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
that will never happen with the big 3 already here...something called a salary cap, and all 4 of them have to take a massive paycut for that to happen

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2014, 10:22:50 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
 I would hate to see Carmelo go to the Heat. The reason? The East would be complete and utter garbage. If all the good players in the East join one team, then presumably the East will get a lot worse. You would have rampant tanking going on in the East. 30 wins may get you a playoff spot. Yeah, it would be that bad.

we would have to tank if he goes. give rondo away to the highest bidder and start from scratch with ultra youth movement who would enter their prime right when these 4 retire.

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
This would be brutal. Remember when people built a team through the draft and smart free agent moves?

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2014, 10:51:39 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Free-market opinion, not a basketball opinion: I have no issues with this. I actually kind of applaud it. Individuals should be allowed to choose their employers and coworkers.

Besides, every good David story needs a Goliath.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:57:14 PM by Robb »
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2014, 10:52:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This would be brutal. Remember when people built a team through the draft and smart free agent moves?
this would be a time for Silver to step in and prevent this type of player collusion as bad for the sport.  If Miami wants to trade for Melo, fine. 

to have their star players collude, for a second time mind you, to take less salary than they're legitimately worth in order to add another top player for less money than he's worth, that's sending the league down a dark path that needs to be stopped.