Author Topic: I feel myself vomiting - Melo and Bron????  (Read 21356 times)

Re: I feel myself vomiting - Melo and Bron????
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 02:35:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
99 percent Lebron is staying with the Heat regardless of what happens vs the spurs
Bron, Wade and Bosh all have the ability to opt out this season.  They could all opt out, take 5 mil less... and sign Melo.   I brought that up a couple months ago jokingly, but it's actually a possible scenario.

Also possible Melo and Bron join with Kobe on the Lakers.  They'd just need to dump Steve Nash's contract and let Pau walk.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
99 percent Lebron is staying with the Heat regardless of what happens vs the spurs
Bron, Wade and Bosh all have the ability to opt out this season.  They could all opt out, take 5 mil less... and sign Melo.   I brought that up a couple months ago jokingly, but it's actually a possible scenario.

Also possible Melo and Bron join with Kobe on the Lakers.  They'd just need to dump Steve Nash's contract and let Pau walk.

its possible but it won't happen.

Lebron as Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again.ly he was to join with two other all stars (only way he knows he has a chance to win it all) wouldn't have left the Cavs if he was provided one other legit top two way player.

Instead they gave him Mo Williams, Gibson, Verajao.  If Boozer another son of a gun didn't leave maybe they would of won something.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It is his pet nickname for Carmelo Anthony.

I've got to say that I honestly love Finkel's nicknames.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 02:45:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I doubt Lebron and Melo team up in LA as I don't think the 3 of them (including Kobe) would be able to co-exist.

Kobe has a reputation of being a jerk to his players and I think having 2 other superstars alongside would be a recipe for disaster (see the relationship Kobe had with Shaq and Howard.)

BUT...I could definitely see Melo joining up with the Heatles.

Matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me if those conversations have already taken place.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
If this were to happen I would hope Silver pulls a Bowie Kuhn and voids any deal to protect the competitive balance of the league.  I also have a hard time believing 4 top players would do this considering that it might hurt the Players Association when they play hardball during the next round of contract negotiations.  With the values of these franchises escalating the way they have, the players - especially Lebron -- are being seriously underpaid.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 02:58:37 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I don't listen to what Stephen A. ever have to say..has he ever been right on anything?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 03:03:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It is his pet nickname for Carmelo Anthony.

I've got to say that I honestly love Finkel's nicknames.

Without em, I'd've never known that Steve Nash was a secret Mexican. 

I don't listen to what Stephen A. ever have to say..has he ever been right on anything?

He was pretty much the only pundit that correctly called the Bron/Bosh/Wade teamup in Miami.

Carmelo to Miami?
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 08:40:35 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11068709/miami-heat-discussing-options-target-carmelo-anthony-free-agency

If this happens I'm done with the NBA. Does anyone want to earn a ring anymore and compete against each other? Or just team up and take the easy way out? Where are the competitors in the NBA this league is becoming a joke if this happens.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:10:22 AM by Fafnir »

Re: Carmello to Miami?
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 08:44:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Freakin' stackers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 08:45:38 PM »

fitzhickey

Those would be some serious pay cuts.

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 08:55:32 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Hard to take this very seriously.  I could see Carmelo in at Miami if Bosh or Wade is out but I can't see how they would be able to pay all four.

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 08:58:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Hard to take this very seriously.  I could see Carmelo in at Miami if Bosh or Wade is out but I can't see how they would be able to pay all four.

It would require their entire roster to take a paycut me thinks?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 09:01:01 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Breaking News 2025:

Jabari Parker will sign with the Philadelphia 76ers, joining Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, and Dante Exum.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 09:09:48 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Meh, Lebron could sign for the league minimum and still make more than anyone.  For that matter, put these four together and they'll all make way more off endorsements than they ever could on the court.

As much as I'd like to complain about teams stacking, if the Celts somehow pulled Love, Melo and Asik to Boston, I wouldn't be too upset about it.  I know, those four aren't exactly the Miami four, but "any given Sunday" doesn't exactly apply in the NBA.

Mike

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 09:19:22 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I think it's terrible for the league. It's one thing if a team collects assets and makes trades to build a team but Miami had three buddies collude and Miami didn't have to give up anything. Now they want to add a 4th buddy for nothing? It completely waters down the league and IMO will start the process of the league losing fans. All you will get are fan boys of Miami.  I Will always root and watch the C's but the rest of the league can go to hell for all I care.