Author Topic: I feel myself vomiting - Melo and Bron????  (Read 21392 times)

I feel myself vomiting - Melo and Bron????
« on: June 11, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233740/LeBron-Carmelo-Could-Play-On-Same-Team-In-2015-If-Both-Opt-In

Just read this from Stephen A.
"I'm here to tell you right now it's a 95 percent possibility -- if not more -- that they would join forces whether it be in New York or Miami," Smith said about the scenario of waiting until 2015 for free agency.

I wouldn't want to see this Miami. Would hate it more if it were in NY! I am not a LeBron hater - he's the greatest basketball player right now, and I don't hate Melo. BUT I'd be p---ed if they join forces in either location.

Re: I feel myself vomiting - Melo and Bron????
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Whom would be more reviled: LeBron, for taking his talents away from South Beach, or Carmelo, for ditching the Knicks?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 12:36:03 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Whom would be more reviled: LeBron, for taking his talents away from South Beach, or Carmelo, for ditching the Knicks?

Lebron for being Lebron.  It'd be the 2nd city that he's left and he'd also continue to shapen his legacy as a hired gun who joins up with other stars to win titles rather than someone seen as Bird, Magic, or Jordan who were their team identities and won titles (although, all also played with HOFers) but are seen differently regardless.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 12:41:23 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Lebron for being Lebron.  It'd be the 2nd city that he's left and he'd also continue to shapen his legacy as a hired gun who joins up with other stars to win titles rather than someone seen as Bird, Magic, or Jordan who were their team identities and won titles (although, all also played with HOFers) but are seen differently regardless.

I don't see why Lebron will leave if say they won 3 straight...even if they lost, < 3 wins from another chip is pretty [dang] good. In a weak Eastern Conference, besides the Pacers, who will challenge them, and who is remotely close to their level...Lebron is stupid if he pull another decision stunt

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 12:46:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Melo.  Knicks fans actually care, Miami fans would just briefly look up from doing lines off their tanning beds and shrug. 

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 12:49:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I think nationally, that's the narrative that would result. Widespread hatred for LeBron by fans of other teams.

But, the passion of the Knick fanbase exponentially outstrips Miami's. I could see the sheer magnitude of hatred for Melo causing the New York area to go supernova.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 12:50:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Melo and LeBron would be amazing together. So difficult to defend against.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 12:57:12 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I think nationally, that's the narrative that would result. Widespread hatred for LeBron by fans of other teams.

But, the passion of the Knick fanbase exponentially outstrips Miami's. I could see the sheer magnitude of hatred for Melo causing the New York area to go supernova.

Maybe if the Knicks had actually been good for more than a season before he left.

Melo and LeBron would be amazing together. So difficult to defend against.

See: 2012 Summer Olympics.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 01:00:51 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I don't understand why they would both have to opt in for another season first.  They can both opt out this season and play together.  They probably just can't do it in Miami or NY.  Does that matter? 

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 01:20:37 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
They can't do it in miami because of the salary cap and I would not have a problem if they went to new york because the support in new york is not good enough to win a championship. IF they went to Cleveland, They would be unstoppable and the NBA would not be worth watching
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 01:23:47 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233740/LeBron-Carmelo-Could-Play-On-Same-Team-In-2015-If-Both-Opt-In

"I'm here to tell you right now it's a 95 percent possibility -- if not more -- that they would join forces whether it be in New York or Miami," Smith said about the scenario of waiting until 2015 for free agency.

I wouldn't want to see this Miami. Would hate it more if it were in NY! I am not a LeBron hater - he's the greatest basketball player right now, and I don't hate Melo. BUT I'd be p---ed if they join forces in either location.

Sadly...If Stephen is predicting it...It has a 95% chance of not happening.  Why be mad if it does?   The snitchster doesn't fit in with a team that plays defense.  He'd be a train wreck with the messiah.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
99 percent Lebron is staying with the Heat regardless of what happens vs the spurs

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 02:27:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I also read that the Lakers may try to go after Bron and Melo this summer.

Doubt it, but I guess it could happen.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24584647/report-lakers-coaching-search-dragging-as-part-of-effort-to-sign-lebron

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 02:28:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Sadly...If Stephen is predicting it...It has a 95% chance of not happening.  Why be mad if it does?   The snitchster doesn't fit in with a team that plays defense.  He'd be a train wreck with the messiah.

Who's the snitchster?

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 02:29:47 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It is his pet nickname for Carmelo Anthony.