Author Topic: Ric Bucher: Love to Celtics Not Likely  (Read 10682 times)

Re: Ric Bucher: Love to Celtics Not Likely
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
sooo should we book Love as a Celtic for sure now?

No.

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2014, 06:40:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
My motto....believe NOTHING til SOMETHING happens.

Then you can report it and credit yourself as the source ;)

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2014, 07:32:22 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Make no mistake about it, there is a reason why Ric Bucher is now working for Bleacher Report and not ESPN.

I can't tell if this means he's too full of crap for ESPN...or isn't enough full of crap for ESPN.

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2014, 07:55:48 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Make no mistake about it, there is a reason why Ric Bucher is now working for Bleacher Report and not ESPN.

I can't tell if this means he's too full of crap for ESPN...or isn't enough full of crap for ESPN.

LOL my fist thoughts when I read it too... I was confused on who the comment was dissing, did he step up or down in that situation? Hahaha
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2014, 08:05:12 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Bucher is honestly the worst. For some reason I keep watching all his NBA videos on Bleacher Report and come away with the same response, "I could be doing this". It doesn't take much to make largely biased sports claims based off of conjecture and what everyone else is talking about. Like most NBA rumors, best thing to do is trust in Woj or just wait for the actual trade to happen. No use in getting gray hairs with all this wavering of Kevin Love to here, Kevin Love to there, by all these reporters.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2014, 08:20:40 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

LOL - definitely not.

Anything can happen at this point still.

Nothing definitive is likely to happen until closer to draft night, if not until exactly then.

I wouldn't go bragging to your non-Celtic friends that we have Love in the bag.   But I wouldn't believe anyone who insists it won't happen, either.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2014, 09:15:51 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Yes. Don't listen to the common sense crowd.

Tell all your friends it's in the bag. Brag as hard as you can.

;D
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

;D

And then be disappointed when the Timberwolves trade Love for the 7th pick and a sack of potatoes!  ;D

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2014, 09:20:55 PM »

Offline nicknorman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10

;D

And then be disappointed when the Timberwolves trade Love for the 7th pick and a sack of potatoes!  ;D

Hey at least for Minny a sack of potatoes doesn't take up cap space. At least I don't think it does.

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2014, 10:13:47 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
My guess to Bucher's process on this one:

So his insider information is that Love's agent and trainer are based in RI.

Form there he speculates that must have been the reason he was in Boston, and from there he further editorializes that the Celtics are not the best fit for Love.

His opinion may be correct, but relateing his opinion on the player's desire to play on the Celtics to the visit to Boston through informaiton that really is irrelevant is pretty dumb.

Unless he really does have inside information on all of that....I just doubt it.

Pretty much.  Because, after all, isn't Rhode Island like, just a suburb of Boston?   With no airports of their own?

(Imagine a snotty valley-speak twang while reading that.  The effect is better.)
Seriously. Every time I go to visit someone I spend days hanging out with someone else like a hundred miles away and get photographed doing it.

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2014, 10:55:54 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
This report is just wrong.

Superstar players don't go visit their agent, and trainers.

Agent and trainers go visit their superstar players.

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2014, 07:24:31 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Take this with a serious grain of salt for two reasons.

1)Bucher is the Golden State Warriors beat journalist. Good hype/speculation are good for his GSW gig.
2) Wojranowski is far more credible and he's already stated the visit was for basketball reasons and feel out Boston as a landing spot.
Love's agent Schwartz loves Boston. He's got a place at Cape Cod too. He's Pierce's agent as well and would have organized for most of those pro-athlete meet ups with Love while he was here.

No doubt about it the Celtics are a serious contender for Love.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2014, 08:10:26 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Peice of advice: dont listen to anything  Ric Buher says..

lmbo, yet another person to NOT listen to.  soon, we'll be down to only Woj.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2014, 08:21:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
While I agree it is not likely and hardly a done deal.   Who knows what will happen.

I do agree that Bucher really is not much of a journalist but I think ESPN is full of guys full of hot air that are more about sound bites than actual reporting.   This guys once said this.

Ric Bucher        ✔ @RicBucher
Follow
?@hoops_fan: Do you still think Rose is better than Lebron? #AskRic? LeBron has come a long way and I admire him for it. I'd still go w/DR.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls-talk/bucher-id-take-derrick-rose-over-lebron-james

I do not like LeBron and even I am not that biased that I would take rose over him.  This ought to tell you all you need to know about Little Ricky!