Author Topic: Ric Bucher: Love to Celtics Not Likely  (Read 10683 times)

Re: Ric Bucher: Love to Celtics Not Likely
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 04:33:09 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Who to believe..... Woj or Bucher?

http://thebiglead.com/2012/08/09/espns-ric-bucher-rips-yahoos-adrian-wojnarowski-over-dwight-howard-trade-report-then-espn-reports-the-deal-is-close/

This article is from 2012: A few hours after Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that Dwight Howard could be headed to the Lakers in a blockbuster 4-team deal, ESPN's Ric Bucher went on ESPN radio in LA and was asked about the potential trade.

Bucher proceeded to take a massive dump on Wojnarowski's report.

Bucher: This trade has about as much of a chance as the previous 531 [trade rumors]. I know Dwight Howard is a hot topic, and I know that everyone is hot and bothered to get this story over with, but... and I'll ask you guys .... I'm always a little leery when talks are serious, but we don't know who is going where.

Bucher: My 1st thought was, the 76ers had to leak this, they're the only ones who could look at this and say, 'works for us.'

I was about to mention this. I think he just likes to dispute whatever Woj reports. It's also a bit delusional to think the Boston visit has NOTHING to do with the Celtics. If his agent and trainer are Rhode Island based, he could've visited them in a far more low-key manner. I'm not saying we're the favorite to get him - I've been adamant that we shouldn't treat this potential trade as a sure thing - but the visit was a well thought out move by Love and his agent.

As far as his report about GSW being the front runner, I'd take that with a grain of salt. As many have pointed out, he's biased in that regard. Wouldn't going to Houston to team up with Harden/Dwight be a surer thing if doing damage in the playoffs is the goal?

GSW is a nice team, but they'd like have to put together a Godfather offer to get Love since they have no 1st round picks to trade this year and David Lee's remaining $30m on his contract has to go back to Minny to make the money work. I think Minny would try to get Klay + Lee + Barnes + a future 1st or two. Doubtful GSW will want to give up that much, but if they did a Curry/Love/Iggy/Bogut foundation could be dangerous, but Bogut's inability to stay healthy puts a big asterisk on them being able to do big things in the West.

2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 04:43:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm always happier when something pleasant surprises me rather than expecting something good to happen.

I don't buy what Bucher is saying, if Love was just going to visit his trainer and agent I doubt there would have been so much attention drawn to it. Love was essentially out in public, acting like he wanted to be seen the entire time. I can buy that he did this as a ploy to force the Wolves to deal him sooner than later, but the idea that it was just a trip to visit his trainer and agent seems bogus to me.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2014, 04:47:41 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
My guess to Bucher's process on this one:

So his insider information is that Love's agent and trainer are based in RI.

Form there he speculates that must have been the reason he was in Boston, and from there he further editorializes that the Celtics are not the best fit for Love.

His opinion may be correct, but relateing his opinion on the player's desire to play on the Celtics to the visit to Boston through informaiton that really is irrelevant is pretty dumb.

Unless he really does have inside information on all of that....I just doubt it.

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2014, 04:50:43 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Lots of denial in this thread.

Yea Rondo just happened to be at a Red Sox game the same day as Love , just a coincidence I guess?

And Love hanging out with most of Boston's sports stars....

Guess he just wanted to see the town?

Not to metion he said "I can't talk about it" when asked why he was is Boston ..

Bucher is the biggest weasel , west coast homer in sports media . Though I wouldn't call bleacher report sports media.

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2014, 04:54:26 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Buecker doesn't know jack!!!

*furiously F5's RealGM*
*reposts link that Rondo and Love have had phone calls for the past 45 days*
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Love may go elsewhere. who knows? To straighten out this guy's explanation for "the Boston visit" I post the following.

Kevin Love's agent does not live in Rhode Island...I do.

Jeff Schwartz's Excel Agency is in New Haven and he lives in the New York metro area.

Yea, Kevin Love was across the street from TD eating chicken wings in late May with is agent who lives in Westchester. Sure thing, now there's a convenient place for a guy whose from LA and lives in Minnesota to meet his effing agent who lives in New York. Yea, that must be it.

Grab a game at Fenway the next day too, because no one's gonna recognize a 7 foot tall NBA all star at Fenway that's a trade target....oops the all star point guard ran into him? Fancy that.

The string of coincidences ends with the fact that he announced he was opting out of his contract the week before and the Celtics want him...sure, this was just an impromptu visit to the trainer.

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Love may go elsewhere. who knows? To straighten out this guy's explanation for "the Boston visit" I post the following.

Jeff Schwartz's Excel Agency is in New Haven and he lives in the New York metro area.

Yea, Kevin Love was across the street from TD eating chicken wings in late May with is agent who lives in Westchester. Sure thing, now there's a convenient place for a guy whose from LA and lives in Minnesota to meet his effing agent who lives in New York. Yea, that must be it.

Grab a game at Fenway the next day too, because no one's gonna recognize a 7 foot tall NBA all star at Fenway that's a trade target....oops the all star point guard ran into him? Fancy that.

The string of coincidences ends with the fact that he announced he was opting out of his contract the week before and the Celtics want him...sure, this was just an impromptu visit to the trainer.
This deserves a huge TP

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2014, 05:24:44 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Woj, always Woj.

Yes.  I hate Woj as a writer  but as a reporter the man is God.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:18:22 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2014, 05:45:32 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Love is not the solution anyway..

There you are right.

Kevin Love is not the answer...on his own.

Rondo + Kevin Love ++ is one of the answers.

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2014, 05:47:55 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

yeah i'm more inclined to believe Love was apartment hunting than buch's reasoning.

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2014, 05:52:31 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6

+1,000,000

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2014, 05:55:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
His comments sound and look contrary to pictures and interviews with Kevin Love. It seems far more evidence t contradict his meandering rubbish

I can say the same things and it would,be just as meaning less as him.

He doesn't have any personal interview to share to support this I see.

So until he plays a tape of an interview with said person....it's just a ton of cow plop.

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2014, 06:04:01 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
My guess to Bucher's process on this one:

So his insider information is that Love's agent and trainer are based in RI.

Form there he speculates that must have been the reason he was in Boston, and from there he further editorializes that the Celtics are not the best fit for Love.

His opinion may be correct, but relateing his opinion on the player's desire to play on the Celtics to the visit to Boston through informaiton that really is irrelevant is pretty dumb.

Unless he really does have inside information on all of that....I just doubt it.

Pretty much.  Because, after all, isn't Rhode Island like, just a suburb of Boston?   With no airports of their own?

(Imagine a snotty valley-speak twang while reading that.  The effect is better.)
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Woj, always Woj.

Yes.  I hate Woj as a writer too but as a reporter the man is God.

He pays off all his sources to get his info, that's what puts him ahead of the rest.

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
sooo should we book Love as a Celtic for sure now?