Author Topic: Gortat (weak rumor)  (Read 6206 times)

Re: Gortat (weak rumor)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
I like Gortat and would really like him on the Cs - I just don't know how to fit his salary. The only thing I can think of would be a WAS S&T for the Pierce TPE.

I just don't see Washington doing something like that at all.  That's a step back for them plus Gortat wants to sign with them form all indications.  They want to compete and getting rid of Gortat for TPE doesn't help that one bit...

I know - I agree that is unlikely.

However, that is really the only way that we could bring him in. I guess a S&T for Jeff Green is an option, too. But unfortunately the Cs don't have the outright space to go and get him.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 01:50:18 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I like Gortat and would really like him on the Cs - I just don't know how to fit his salary. The only thing I can think of would be a WAS S&T for the Pierce TPE.

I just don't see Washington doing something like that at all.  That's a step back for them plus Gortat wants to sign with them form all indications.  They want to compete and getting rid of Gortat for TPE doesn't help that one bit...

However, that is really the only way that we could bring him in. I guess a S&T for Jeff Green is an option, too. But unfortunately the Cs don't have the outright space to go and get him.

I live in DC, and while I don't follow the Wizards all that closely, my understanding is that Gortat is not expected to return, at least according to radio as opposed to print media.  They have about $15 million in cap space, and may prefer to spend that elsewhere.  I'd imagine a second-rounder and Colten Iverson gets that deal done, assuming the C's and Gortat agreed to something.

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 02:13:50 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I live in DC, and while I don't follow the Wizards all that closely, my understanding is that Gortat is not expected to return, at least according to radio as opposed to print media.  They have about $15 million in cap space, and may prefer to spend that elsewhere.  I'd imagine a second-rounder and Colten Iverson gets that deal done, assuming the C's and Gortat agreed to something.

that sounds like we are robbing the Wiz

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 02:18:06 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

that sounds like we are robbing the Wiz

Not really. If Gortat is going to get $10 million per year (which I think he will from someone) and the Wiz want to let him walk to spend their money in another way, the equivalent of a couple second-rounders is pretty fair with no salary coming back.

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yep. Perhaps Bogans and additional non-guaranteed filler could match salary-wise too, depending on Gortat's new deal.
You think his salary will be that low? I gotta think he would be looking at Pekovic money(on a yearly basis not in aggregate) and if that's the case I am not sure even the TPE will be enough.

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 02:36:03 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6

Yep. Perhaps Bogans and additional non-guaranteed filler could match salary-wise too, depending on Gortat's new deal.
You think his salary will be that low? I gotta think he would be looking at Pekovic money(on a yearly basis not in aggregate) and if that's the case I am not sure even the TPE will be enough.

I think the least Gortat will settle for is around $10mil a yr over 3 yrs..

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

For what it's worth, if the trade leaves the Celtics below the luxury tax (which it likely would pending other moves) they can bring back 150% of the contracts they send out.  Bogans, Babb, Johnson, and Pressey combined would allow the C's to take back $11,751,036 in salary.  Taking out Pressey, whom some would like to keep, takes it down to a little more than $10.5 million, but that still exceeds the TPE.

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »

Offline C-Green

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
Gortat would be a great edition to the C's! I've been muttering as much to those unlucky enough to be around me since he was Howard's back up in Orlando. Seems like a good teammate and solid all-around player. It all comes down to what he wants for his last likely decent contract in the league., hopefully 8-9mil for 3 years. It looked like he has a great thing going in Washington, I would be surprised if Washington lets him go.........

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 02:40:52 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Getting Gortat for the TPE is very unlikely.. However earlier reports suggested Washington are interested in Jeff Green so maybe something like Jeff Green, Clippers 2015, Sixers protected 2015 for Gortat??

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Gortat next to KG would have been awesome.
I believe we had a chance to grab him when he left Orlando.
Sigh.
I do think he would fit well with Love, but I wouldn't invest in him if we don't land Love.
If no love, I'd rather take a one year rental of Asik, leaving us more future flexibility.

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 02:52:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Getting Gortat for the TPE is very unlikely.. However earlier reports suggested Washington are interested in Jeff Green so maybe something like Jeff Green, Clippers 2015, Sixers protected 2015 for Gortat??

That's a ridiculous overpay on the Celtics part.  Flat out ridiculous.

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 02:58:48 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Gortat had a very solid year, but I can't help but feel that whoever "wins" the likely bidding war, is going to end up with an overpaid Gortat.

I'd still rather have Omer and his contract.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 03:39:28 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Gortat is a very solid all-around center.  I like him as a better option than Asik-->taking into consideration that we're only going to acquire one of them because we plan to make the playoffs next year and other pieces  will be coming this offseason

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 03:53:02 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
A gortat and love front court would be sweet. I'm sure he'd love to play with rondo.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 04:02:41 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
How about Spencer Hawes...  Cheaper and likely easier to aquire than Gortat