Author Topic: Celtics Spurs Trade???  (Read 3599 times)

Re: Celtics Spurs Trade???
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I understand the Spurs really value their chemistry but would they consider a proposed trade of:
AB (S&T), Jeff Green, Bass, #17, Clippers 2015, 2016 Brooklyn  for Kawhi and Splitter????
They might as well blow it up and restart next year.. I understand the likelihood  of them even picking up the phone is close to none but worth a shot i guess...

That isn't going to be enough value imo...

Originally, I wanted Leonard when we were drafting, I believed his wing span, and his huge fingers would be a great asset for him defensively. I believed at the time, defensively Leonard would have fit in with our system, and Doc. I don't know if we could have acquired him, but there was certainly not as much hype on Leonard.

That is kind of why I'm high on players like MGK/Leonard, because defensively their already elite, or have mastered it as a part of their craft. I don't know if MGK can ever have the shooters touch like Leonard has improved, but I would still love that intensity, hustle, and the team first defense that these two players exhibit.

I think the Spurs would think hard about 2-3 picks, Bradley, and maybe some non-guaranteed contracts. I think the Spurs are extremely high on Leonard, and unless we offer 3-4 picks, I don't see him budging. I wouldn't mind giving Spurs 3-4 picks as long as 1-2 picks are ours. I think Leonard is going to be one of the best players defensively. I already think hes a better defender than PG, who seems to get plenty of credit despite his defense in the post season this year seems to say other wise.

why would the spurs "blow it up" when they are the best team in the NBA?!?!

Because they are getting old!!! Not necesarily this year but sometime in the near future they would need to rebuild because Duncan and Ginobili arent gonna live forever..

So with that logic.. Why would the Spurs take our trade offer then..?

Green is 28, going to be 29 soon. Bradley is injury prone, and the trade offer you listed is basically scrap heaps of draft picks..

Now if we could offer a little more, maybe the Spurs would be interested enough to maybe see any possibility of using the picks to move up and draft a player that they want, or finding another diamond in the rough. The picks are the only value imo. Green/Bradley don't mean jack. And the Spurs aren't trading away Splitter either. They seem pretty committed to him.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Celtics Spurs Trade???
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
If the Spurs want to blow it up (unlikely considering they have a 2-1 lead in the freaking finals), why would they trade a promising 22 year old small forward?  This would be like the Celtics "blowing it up" after losing to the lakers and trading Rondo instead of the Big 3.  If the Spurs for some reason do decide to blow it up, Leonard's the one guy they would be sure to hold on to.