Author Topic: Celtics Spurs Trade???  (Read 3593 times)

Celtics Spurs Trade???
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:51:43 AM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
I understand the Spurs really value their chemistry but would they consider a proposed trade of:
AB (S&T), Jeff Green, Bass, #17, Clippers 2015, 2016 Brooklyn  for Kawhi and Splitter????
They might as well blow it up and restart next year.. I understand the likelihood  of them even picking up the phone is close to none but worth a shot i guess...

Re: Celtics Spurs Trade???
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 11:53:30 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I understand the Spurs really value their chemistry but would they consider a proposed trade of:
AB (S&T), Jeff Green, Bass, #17, Clippers 2015, 2016 Brooklyn  for Kawhi and Splitter????
They might as well blow it up and restart next year.. I understand the likelihood  of them even picking up the phone is close to none but worth a shot i guess...

I think the likelihood is so close to none that it is effectively none.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 12:12:41 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

They should blow it up?  They're in the Finals right now and potentially three wins away from winning the title.  Why?

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Hell no!! Kawhi & Splitter are not worth Bass, Bradley, Green & first rounders!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 10:04:15 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

They should blow it up?  They're in the Finals right now and potentially three wins away from winning the title.  Why?

This.

I'm a big Leonard fan. But I don't see how this helps us much in the long run.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Don't think they want to trade him...but if so, it depends on what else we would do.

If we shipped other picks, sully, etc for Love and martin..then sent the TPE and Bogans for Asik....

Then signed Afflalo....  Then this:  rondo, Afflalo, Leonard, Love, Asik
                                                  Pressey, Martin, CJ, KO, Splitter

How do you like it now?

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 10:27:10 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
There is no possible way the Spurs would do this unless Duncan and Ginobili retired.  And then they would still probable prefer to make Kawi the main man and see what happens.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 10:35:56 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
@PStoff CJ your backup sf?? Lol!! Unless he stay on the bench everyday you're going nowhere with him.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 10:44:51 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Before last night there may have been a very very small chance the Spurs could have looked to deal Leonard this offseason, now that chance is none. He may not always put up superstar stats, but he works extremely well within a game full of other stars. His game last night showed just how effective he can still be offensively while being a total nightmare [for the other team] defensively.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Spurs aren't moving Kawhi.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 11:21:23 AM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Why stop there, why not throw in Avery Bradley for Tony Parker and Chris Johnson for Ginobli? As a matter of fact, why not just offer the entire Celtics team for the entire Spurs team?

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 11:50:32 AM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
@ nef-oracle  are you kidding me?  You look at that line-up and pick out CJ as a weak link? Just ignore the other nine... 

not that this is realistic  (as I said in my lead sentence)..but i was simply making the point that Leonard and Splitter would be nice adds if other trades were made.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 12:05:20 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
why would the spurs "blow it up" when they are the best team in the NBA?!?!

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 12:44:40 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
Don't think they want to trade him...but if so, it depends on what else we would do.

If we shipped other picks, sully, etc for Love and martin..then sent the TPE and Bogans for Asik....

Then signed Afflalo....  Then this:  rondo, Afflalo, Leonard, Love, Asik
                                                  Pressey, Martin, CJ, KO, Splitter

How do you like it now?

U cant "sign afflalo" and u cant combine Bogans with the TPE..

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 12:47:12 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
why would the spurs "blow it up" when they are the best team in the NBA?!?!

Because they are getting old!!! Not necesarily this year but sometime in the near future they would need to rebuild because Duncan and Ginobili arent gonna live forever..