Author Topic: Perk as a plan D?  (Read 5090 times)

Re: Perk as a plan D?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 10:51:57 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I would give them Wallace for Perk, in order to clear cap space for 2015.

And they would hang up the phone laughing.

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 11:21:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think this ought to be Plan F-  because that is what grade I would give it.  Hopefully, we can get more than Perk for Wallace.

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 12:14:39 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I would give them Wallace for Perk, in order to clear cap space for 2015.

And they would hang up the phone laughing.

Not if we included a Clipper first rounder:-))

Smitty77

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Perk as plan never... unless he comes as a vet. min. contract, and I'll think about it.

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Perk (at this point in his career) ain't a firework...he's a sparkler.

Pass.

Rak

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 01:23:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Why let the TPE expire for nothing though? I'm talking like last ditch effort.
Why overpay Perkins instead of just keeping roster and salary flexibility for another move?

Its better to let the TPE expire than make a bad move with it.

Assuming no Love, Asik, or Melo, it's difficult to conceive of what we would be doing with that salary flexibility we'd be preserving by letting the TPE expire.  Perk's deal doesn't last beyond next season, so it's not as if this would affect anything going forward.

That said, I wouldn't expect the C's to take on Perk without some sort of additional compensation, probably a couple of second rounders.

I agree. I'd rather Ainge do something with the TPE than let it expire, even if it's gaining modest assets.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Perk is cooked, and not even close to being worth his contract. OKC should have amnestied him.

If he was amnestied and came back on a cheap contract, sure.  We could use his leadership.

This (leadership) is why I don't think OKC has (or will) amnesty him.

I kind of look at it (and assume they do) like they're paying him $4m for his play (which isn't that bad -- centers are almost always overpaid) and $5m for his leadership.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:10:02 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 03:05:45 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I like Perk and greatly appreciate his play for us.  However at this time with contracts taken into consideration (even perk at lesser amount) I'll opt for Fav and even Iverson

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 03:23:32 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Perk is cooked, and not even close to being worth his contract. OKC should have amnestied him.

If he was amnestied and came back on a cheap contract, sure.  We could use his leadership.

I kind of look at it (and assume they do) like they're paying him $4m for his play (which isn't that bad -- centers are almost always overpaid) and $5m for his leadership.

I think its much more likely that the OKC ownership is anathema to the idea that they would ever give someone money not to play for them.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 03:52:51 PM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
Plan D, as in Don't sign him 

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I think its much more likely that the OKC ownership is anathema to the idea that they would ever give someone money not to play for them.

I agree.  Which is why I think that a couple of second-round picks would be thrown in.  Maybe even a 1st.  Picks are used as non-cash currency all the time in the NBA.

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I agree.  Which is why I think that a couple of second-round picks would be thrown in.  Maybe even a 1st.  Picks are used as non-cash currency all the time in the NBA.

Was referring to reasons why he hadn't been amnestied -- I don't really care one way or another about acquiring Perkins.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think you could do better signing a couple of guys from the D League.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Exactly what I was thinking. OKC has 2 1st rd picks this year too.