Author Topic: What if no Love??  (Read 3654 times)

Re: What if no Love??
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 02:16:40 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
@manl_lui Love will only be traded to a team where he will resign. He can resign with the cavs if they can keep Deng, Irving & add a more efficient center. They also have Waiters.

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 02:32:44 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
@manl_lui Love will only be traded to a team where he will resign. He can resign with the cavs if they can keep Deng, Irving & add a more efficient center. They also have Waiters.
Waiters would almost certainly get traded and im pretty sure Deng would rather go to a contender in the latter stages of his career..

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I hate to say it but if Love is traded to a team other then Boston and looks to be signing long term then Rondo must be traded. I just don't think the Cs will be able to bring in the fire power to take a Rondo lead team to a championship without a 2nd tier star like love. Aside from a long shot with Melo I don't see another player coming to Boston who brings enough talent for the Cs to compete with the current elite teams. The alternative is to add a center and run the same team back next year but if Rondo appears less eager to stay a celtic his value will take a hit further hurting the Cs future.

Rondo is 28 and Lebron is 29, they are in their primes at the same time and James will be the constant road block to the Cs next ring. I think minus love the Cs will be better off retooling and putting their chips in a young crop of talent rather then adding Jeff Green caliber players around Rondo and being an tough but early out playoff team for the next 5 years.

If No love I try to pull off the following

Trade Rondo to Kings for #8 and younger player (this has been talked about a million times)

Draft Smart at #6

Draft Gordon at #8

Draft Cappela or Poringis at #17 (stash over seas)

Trade TPE to a team looking to clear cap (OKC Perk, Booz from the bull or Asik from houston) only trade if an additional asset is coming back along with player. Ill say Perk + #29

Draft #29 Damien Inglis (stash over seas)

Buy into second round for a combo guard Nick Johnson, Russ Smith Or Semeja Christmas

Resign AB

Look to trade Green and Bass

Play-out 2014-2015 with a deep rotation ala Hubie Brown with the Grizz a few years ago

This will be painful for a few years but the under 24 core of this team will be strong Smart (20), AB (23), KO (23), Gordon (18), sully (22) plus the guys drafted at #17 and #29 will develop over seas. Add this to the stock pile of future picks and the Cs will be exciting and asset rich. Stevens ability to develop playeres will be key. If Smart and Gordon are both home run picks and reach their potential then the rebuild could be shorter then expected.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 04:01:10 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Tank again for okafor and trade rondo for young talent  and picks.

we'd enter full blown rebuild.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 06:57:48 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
@Waew we didn't tanked this year we were unable to win It's not the same thing. However your idea of tanking for a good C seems very good.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 06:59:53 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
@Cfan 38 Your idea is very good but you should draft better. :)

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 07:05:15 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
@Aymanelgowainy You're right. Waiters will probably be traded for a center & maybe a picks. I think Deng will stay if they bring Love, a better center & resign Irving. I see Cleveland being a serious contender if they can do it.