Author Topic: What if no Love??  (Read 3657 times)

What if no Love??
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:12:49 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
According to Yahoo sports' Marc Spears Phoenix may be willing to trade Dragic or Bledsoe & picks for Love. I know it's just a rumor but if it's true this is a bad news for us. With Cleveland offering the lottery pick; Houston shopping Parson, Asik, Lin, Jones #25 & picks, Chicago giving up Boozer, Gibson, Butler, picks for him then now Phoenix i feel like we won't get him this summer. For sure we have more picks to offer than any other team in the league but since Flip don't like us a lot & Love have no veto i think he'll be traded elsewhere.
So if we can't land him what will we do? Should we trade for another stars like Aldridge, Melo or just rebuild slowly?
Personally i think we should run after Melo or just rebuild.

Re: What if no Love??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:14:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Minnesota would have to offer Bledsoe a max contract to get him to agree to a sign and trade, I don't see that happening.

If we don't land Love in trade, you draft the BPA and look to secure FA flexibility for the offseason to add to Rondo. Or if Rondo leaves in FA you have a clear cap and go into a deep ugly rebuild.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
if we fail to land love via trade, then I'll proceed with using our 6th to draft a player and see how they fare in the regular season. With all these rumors I wonder if any of those teams will convince Love to stay (for example, if Cleveland do trade their #1 for Love, there is no way in hell that Love will re-sign after a season).

I trust Danny Ainge to be patient and not just throw more and more assets just to land Love

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If no Love, I think you continue to gather assets in hope of landing a Love caliber player in the future.  If Rondo looks like he is going to leave then you move him for more assets.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 09:38:30 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Then still put a competitive team on the court for this season and maybe you end up getting Love next summer when he can opt out.

No more rebuilding! >:(

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 09:48:54 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The only thing Ainge MUST do this summer is get a legitimate starting center.  Not an all star or even a top 10 guy at that position.  Just somebody who can man the 5 so Sully doesn't have to and preferably without sacrificing too much future cap space.  We need to do that even if we get Love, Melo or whomever.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 10:00:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
According to Yahoo sports' Marc Spears Phoenix may be willing to trade Dragic or Bledsoe & picks for Love. I know it's just a rumor but if it's true this is a bad news for us. With Cleveland offering the lottery pick; Houston shopping Parson, Asik, Lin, Jones #25 & picks, Chicago giving up Boozer, Gibson, Butler, picks for him then now Phoenix i feel like we won't get him this summer. For sure we have more picks to offer than any other team in the league but since Flip don't like us a lot & Love have no veto i think he'll be traded elsewhere.
So if we can't land him what will we do? Should we trade for another stars like Aldridge, Melo or just rebuild slowly?
Personally i think we should run after Melo or just rebuild.
not getting Love is not the end of the world.  we just take the BPAs at 6 and 17.  look forward to Bass and Anthony coming off the books at the end of the season.  Green and Wallace are now expiring deals in the summer of 2015 and would make good salary filler in a deal for another all-star.  Green would hopefully be considered talented enough to mitigate some of the expense of the trade.

Bogans is presumbly gone -- I'd be surprised if the C's keep him around if they can't use him in a deal.

TPE gets used most likely to bring in a center that is at least capable of eating minutes competently while enabling Sully and KO to focus on playing PF.

I know the big hype here is to get back to contending by this offseason but I really see the 2015 offseason as the best chance to make the major moves.  better FA class with more cap room for us.  Rondo's FA status should enable Danny to utilize the hold to minimize Rondo's cost before he signs new talent and can then sign Rondo for an increase (which will not be a max deal)

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The only thing Ainge MUST do this summer is get a legitimate starting center.  Not an all star or even a top 10 guy at that position.  Just somebody who can man the 5 so Sully doesn't have to and preferably without sacrificing too much future cap space.  We need to do that even if we get Love, Melo or whomever.

Mike

+1. Or get rid of green and ab and get a sf and sg that are exceptional rebounders, shot blockers and have the ability to defend above the rim on top of contributing on the offensive end

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 10:58:01 AM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
if we fail to land love via trade, then I'll proceed with using our 6th to draft a player and see how they fare in the regular season. With all these rumors I wonder if any of those teams will convince Love to stay (for example, if Cleveland do trade their #1 for Love, there is no way in hell that Love will re-sign after a season).

I trust Danny Ainge to be patient and not just throw more and more assets just to land Love

Exactly. Similarly if Phoenix trade Dragic and Bledsoe Love would definitely not resign and their whole future would be demolished and theyd need to start over frol scratch...

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 01:35:23 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
@Aymanelgowainy Minny will probably take Dragic in case Bledsoe won't resign with them or want a max deal. He is still under contract & is more efficient than Bledsoe.

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 01:46:02 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
@triboy16f we don't obviously have to get rid of them unless it's for a bigger deal or younger players and all-star. We can keep them and build a team with a not-bad line-up & a solid bench. Avery is improving, if healthy he can be a good player & Green can score, defend & don't take too much money. If we're lucky we'll be like the 2004 pistons or the 2011 mavs & win a championship . :)

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 01:52:35 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
@slamtheking you're right man! We can draft & wait one year for an all-star!

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
@Mbunge yeah man i know it's a must. If Colton or Fav can step up we won't need another. If no we can trade the tpe for Monroe or Asik.

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 02:05:43 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
@gpap if traded Love won't come here next year. Rebuilding is a way to go.

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
@Evantime34 Rondo can be traded to Houston for Parson, Asik, Lin or a pick.