Author Topic: Love trade Minn,Bos, Sac  (Read 1185 times)

Love trade Minn,Bos, Sac
« on: June 10, 2014, 08:51:31 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Just a thought with the Love trade to boston.

Cs trade, Sully, Bogans, #6, 2015 clippers, 2016 Cs 1st

to

Minn trades Love and Martin to boston

then

Minn trade #6

to Sac for Thomas and #8

That would leave the following

Kings would leap frog the Lakers and be able to draft Smart as their PG.

Minn likely gets Gordon or Saric at #8 giving them a potential lineup of Rubio, Thomas, Gordon, Sully and Pek. I think the Thomas/Rubio dynamic will be interesting. Both are ball dominate but if they can make it work they could surprise some teams.

Celtics, land Love and also add martin who I would like to see as the 6th man with AB resigned to start. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Love trade Minn,Bos, Sac
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 08:54:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why wouldn't Minnesota just keep the 6th pick? I don't see them wanting to pay Thomas when they have Rubio coming up for an extension.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Why wouldn't Minnesota just keep the 6th pick? I don't see them wanting to pay Thomas when they have Rubio coming up for an extension.

I figure the t-wolves will need scoring and Smart will likely be BPA at #6 but doesnt fit next to Rubio and doesnt fill their void at SF. The lakers and Kings will likely both want Smart so this trade lets the kings jump the lakers for smart.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Just a thought with the Love trade to boston.

Cs trade, Sully, Bogans, #6, 2015 clippers, 2016 Cs 1st

to

Minn trades Love and Martin to boston

then

Minn trade #6

to Sac for Thomas and #8

That would leave the following

Kings would leap frog the Lakers and be able to draft Smart as their PG.

Minn likely gets Gordon or Saric at #8 giving them a potential lineup of Rubio, Thomas, Gordon, Sully and Pek. I think the Thomas/Rubio dynamic will be interesting. Both are ball dominate but if they can make it work they could surprise some teams.

Celtics, land Love and also add martin who I would like to see as the 6th man with AB resigned to start.

The Kings are one of the teams wanting to trade their pick not pick up another one.  It's been written several places.  They want to resign Gay if he opts out and then use their pick to get another veteran.  They feel they have enough youth...

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 01:57:30 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Does this trade work cap wise? We are taking a ton of money and giving them very little back. Secondly, why do we need Sacramento in this deal. Rubio or Thomas? I'm not crazy about either if I'm a Wolves fan.