Author Topic: non celtics trade (idea)  (Read 1779 times)

non celtics trade (idea)
« on: June 09, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Im not 100% sure how this works with the cap but if it does who says no to this trade

ATl trades Horford, Carroll, Lou Williams , #15

to

Cavs for #1 pick, Varjeo and Waiters

then

ATL trades Milsap , Korver and #43

to

LAL for #6

For the Cavs, they get the allstar big they want and move a talented headache. The also add two solid rotational vets and a pick that should net them a solid wing prospect.

LAL, they add two vets around Kobe instead of sitting on a young prospect. Milsap and Korver are both in their primes and coming off of great seasons.

ATL, they blow it up and add young talent. Teague is only 25 and is still there at PG and is joined by Waiters in the back court. With #1 and #6 they should be able to add Embiid and either Randle or Vonleh giving them a very strong pair of front court prospects. Rather they staying a bottom playoff team they likely drop into the lottery but have more talent then they have had in a long time. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: non celtics trade (idea)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think Atlanta tries to run it back with a healthy Horford at least once before they blow it up.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 05:38:55 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Yeah. This make sense for atl & Cleveland. They should hire you as GM!! But atl won't trade Millsap & Korver for #7.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 05:41:07 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
It's a good trade for both teams but Why would anyone on this website care about this? I'm sorry but seriously
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:19:57 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 05:44:27 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Hmmm the Hawks seem to be giving up too much in the Lakers trade... But i think the Lakers would settle for Milsap and maybe Pero Antic or some other decent role player..

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 07:25:26 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
It's a good trade for both teams but Why would anyone on this website care about this? I'm sorry but seriously

Some people are NBA fans and not just celtics fans.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 07:37:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think it is a good trade for all three teams involved.

I'd rather have the #1 pick over Horford if I were Cleveland but I can see why they might prefer a proven player like Horford to push the team forward. To convince Kyrie Irving to stay. And to improve their chances of acquiring FAs.

It is a very good move for Atlanta if they were to undergo a major rebuilding process in order to start over from scratch. A #1 pick and #6 is an excellent start in that scenario.

Paul Millsap would be an excellent fit alongside Kobe Bryant in LAL. A win-now move. Millsap is on a small enough contract that they could still offer a major contract to a big free agent. I wonder if that would be enough to tempt someone like Carmelo Anthony to join LAL.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 07:50:59 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Horford is not worth the number one pick

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 08:05:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Why would you want to do anything to ever help LA?

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 08:09:43 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Gotta agree with the above poster saying ATL will probably try another run with a healthy Horford.  The East will still be weaker than the West next year, albeit I presume Washington, ATL, and Charlotte will be better than next year and SVG will try and squeak in with Detroit.

Plus, the ATL fan base is already pretty weak from what I hear. The playoffs helped so I can't see "Spurs-East" trying to hurt themselves now for later.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!