Author Topic: Nuggets Shopping #11 pick  (Read 3552 times)

Nuggets Shopping #11 pick
« on: June 09, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Could Jeff green and the 76ers conditional 1st or even clips 1st next year be enough to get that pick? I think nuggets want a veteran player to get in the playoffs again and green could be that guy. What do y'all think?

Re: Nuggets Shopping #11 pick
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 12:52:46 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Could Jeff green and the 76ers conditional 1st or even clips 1st next year be enough to get that pick? I think nuggets want a veteran player to get in the playoffs again and green could be that guy. What do y'all think?

Do you have a link for this? I suspect the source would also give a hint as to what the Nuggets would want in return.

Not sure if there is room for both Gallo and Green in the Denver rotation.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Just for fun:

Picks 8 and 11 plus filler (or trade exception) from Kings to Boston.

Rondo to Denver.

Lawson and pick 17 to Kings.

Picks 6, 8, and 11 draft Smart, Randle, and McDermott?

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 12:55:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Just for fun:

Picks 8 and 11 plus filler (or trade exception) from Kings to Boston.

Rondo to Denver.

Lawson and pick 17 to Kings.

Picks 6, 8, and 11 draft Smart, Randle, and McDermott?

looks like a full rebuild, would most people here be ok for a full rebuild and not sniff playoffs for another year or two?

And should we put the risk on the 2014 draft?

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 12:57:33 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I would not give up Green and a 1st next year for #11.  He's a solid player, and his contract is fine -- he's expected to opt out next summer.  If the added cap space would be enough to sign Melo outright, that would be a different story.  But getting that space would require an additional move.

That said, I would point out that the Nuggets have a trade exception just large enough for Jeff Green, so that part of the trade is viable.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 12:59:14 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Do you have a link for this? I suspect the source would also give a hint as to what the Nuggets would want in return.

Here's a link, with credit to google.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_25905922/denver-nuggets-trade-calls-about-draft-pick-heating#ixzz345924j17%20

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 01:00:08 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 01:01:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would not give up Green and a 1st next year for #11.  He's a solid player, and his contract is fine -- he's expected to opt out next summer.  If the added cap space would be enough to sign Melo outright, that would be a different story.  But getting that space would require an additional move.

That said, I would point out that the Nuggets have a trade exception just large enough for Jeff Green, so that part of the trade is viable.

Nor would I. I wouldn't give Green straight up for the 11th pick.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

That I think I would do.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
If we were to get three first round picks and give away Rondo I would hope randle and McDermott were not who we take flyers on. I want Lavine or Saric at 11, Gordon, vonleh, young, or Smart at 6 and 8

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 01:16:56 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

That I think I would do.

Well I would not ..and I am the future owner.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 01:17:05 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Jeff green isn't going anywhere. No one wants Jeff green according to Jackie mac.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

If George Karl was still the coach there would be. But I think Shaw is committed to playing "Big" and won't want to play Gallo at PF much at all.

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 03:19:03 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Exactly.  If we do that trade be ready to not compete for the next several years...  You don't get enough back for Rondo or for Green...   BTW there's no way Melo signs with you if you trade away Rondo and don't get Love.  IMO you would need both to get him to come here...

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 03:47:45 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Why would Denver want Jeff Green?

In the other proposal why would Denver trade Lawson and 11 for Rondo?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip