Author Topic: Idea: Russell Westbrook  (Read 3678 times)

Idea: Russell Westbrook
« on: June 06, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
I LOVE RONDO, actually there are only two point guards I would trade him for, but Russell Westbrook is way to good to not give OKC a call
I think it is very realistic that with the assets we have and rajon as the center piece we could land russell
maybe okc is interested in our bull dog back court of rajon and avery; throw in kellyo to strengthen okc young front court and some draft picks
maybe okc is interested in some added scoring so combine rajon and jeff
maybe okc likes vonleh, randle, smart, or gordon and the 6th pick could put them over the top on this deal
the facts speak for themselves, with more touches (or russell with an injury) kd played a lot better (fg%, points, assists, etc), add the best past first point guard in the league and those numbers will skyrocket, with rajon it is also unquestioned that with crunch time kd will have the ball and there will be no boneheaded moves from is partner in crime
Does anyone else think this is realistic? Spitball some ideas if you think its a possibility
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:54:44 PM by bmac934 »

Re: Russell Westbrook
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 06:25:32 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't think it makes sense, and I like both Westbrook and Rondo.

This topic, however, has been covered ad nauseum here. Some people dig the idea, some people are violently opposed to it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Lol! You think Okc will trade Westbrook?? In a team with only three good players Westbrook is just untradeable even for Rondo. Despite the fact KD play better w/o him; Okc is better with him on the court. They won't trade him.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 07:32:26 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
yea i do actually, lets say our package is rajon avery jeff for russell perk (perk is to even out the salaries) that gives okc depth that they DO NOT HAVE RIGHT NOW, no disrespect to derrick fisher but they had him out there in crunch time during the playoffs
rajon makes everyone on the team better, rajon avery are both lock down defenders and jeff can take the majority of the scoring load from where russell left off
lets say they dont want one of those players, we have two solid young bigs in sullly and kellyo who are on dirt cheap contracts, or we can throw some picks in their face
as i said before i would not be opposed to packaging up the sixth pick in this draft for russell
between draft picks, avery, jeff, kellyo, sully (and obvy rajon as the center piece) okc can take their pick of what they want, theres really nothing holding them back salary cap wise on this deal
and im gonna use your words against you, okc has three good players (rondo bradley green durant ibaka with sef reggie jackson and adams as options) as opposed to no depth; not to mention that rajon would make everyone on okc better just by being him
rajon has proved himself to be elite especially in the playoffs, avery is turning into a solid three and d player (better option then fisher), and we all say jeff green in the playoffs last year...or with okc being a young team they could go the draft pick route
I DEFINITELY BELIEVE THAT THE CELTICS CAN MAKE A DEAL LIKE THIS HAPPEN, it just depends how serious danny gets on it
(ps yea obviously okc is better with russ on the court, but i honestly believe swap russ for rondo straight up even and okc is better then the ladder)

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Do you think Ainge Might do this?
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 08:41:41 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
yea i do think danny would look into it, he offered okc rondo and green for perk and westbrook before, and with okc not making the finals again, and kd's performance after westbrook went down with an acl injury its the ideal time to reach out...one difference could be with harden gone okc is looking for depth, which we can offer as well as...and another difference is kp is now a liablilty for okc, with this deal he would be off the books with the same cap situation
DA would absolutely pull the trigger on this deal but he wouldnt sell shop to do so, were already trading away our best player (what else is thrown in would make the difference for both GM's)
BUT to reiterate what would make the tires turn on this deal is what is included outside of rondo and westbrook (westbrook has the higher value so we would give up more), I just think DA would be a fool to not give okc a call
-on the untradeable comment, the supporting cast we had last year centered around an old KG and PP was a playoff team, imagine what that same support could do for OKC..noone is un tradeable it just takes the right situation
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:50:36 PM by bmac934 »

Re: Idea: Russell Westbrook
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I don't want a ball hog as a pointguard in green.  And it's been proven that you can't win with shoot first pointguard.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:45:29 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 11:43:50 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
hes a ball hog when hes taking 25 shots a game playing with kd yes, but when your a top ten player in the league backpacking a team (like he would for the celtics) its not a ball hog its getting whats yours, your bugging if you watched OKC in the playoffs this year and just dont want russ on the team, and your bugging if you think hes incapable of winning being the best player on the team

isiah thomas averaged 20 and ten for his entire career and in the playoffs this past year Russell was a walking stat line, your bugging

for craps and gigs lets say we get kevin love, trade for russell, and can keep jeff green....were an instant contender and will be the best team in the league in a matter of years, HANDS DOWN

(which side note, in my opinion at least, there isnt a better one two punch in the league then kevin love and russell westbrook)

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
with afflalo made available and okc being interested, we can package the sixth pick for afflalo and put him in a package with rajon for russ; definitely sweetens the pot, maybe throw in kelly o or a pick and we could potentially have ourselves a deal in the making
and also with okc interested in iman shumpert and the knicks only wanting a pick we could give up the 17th for shump and package that in the russell deal
(or i think trading the 17th for shump...for us that is....is a good deal in its own, ive always liked shumpert, extremely athletic, lock down defender, and huge offensive upside that hes shown in spurts)

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 06:27:56 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
with afflalo made available and okc being interested, we can package the sixth pick for afflalo and put him in a package with rajon for russ; definitely sweetens the pot, maybe throw in kelly o or a pick and we could potentially have ourselves a deal in the making
and also with okc interested in iman shumpert and the knicks only wanting a pick we could give up the 17th for shump and package that in the russell deal
(or i think trading the 17th for shump...for us that is....is a good deal in its own, ive always liked shumpert, extremely athletic, lock down defender, and huge offensive upside that hes shown in spurts)

Good God.....
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 06:37:27 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
good god or bad god? lol
and actually the more i think about shump for the 17th..for us that is....im starting to not like it
and also i dont mean to sell house for russell westbrook, the afflalo and shump trades (arent we have to do the trades and give them everything) it was more of we can get them what they want

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
good god or bad god? lol
and actually the more i think about shump for the 17th..for us that is....im starting to not like it

Good God bad. Rondo AND the #6 for Westbrook would set us back a few steps.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 06:40:19 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
I dont agree that rondo and six for russell would set us back in the least bit

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Westbrook and Love are top 5 players.  I don't think the majority here understand that.  They aren't top 10 or top 20 players.  They are top five.  The best of the best.

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »

Offline IlCapitano

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16

I just don't want a player who does this. No. Never.
Tommy Heinsohn:"Worst nightmare in the NBA is Rondo with a jump shot." B-)

Celtic Pride!