Author Topic: Al-Farouq Aminu (If we get love)  (Read 1174 times)

Al-Farouq Aminu (If we get love)
« on: June 06, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
If the Cs land Love this off-season, resign AB, and trade TPE + (?) for Asik I like the idea of targeting Aminu in free agency. He is only 23 and has great size/length at the 3/4.

I would like to see the Cs use the 2011 Mavs as a model for success with a Rondo/Love lead team. Aminu seems like a nice fit as a 3/4 in the Marion role. He will be redundant with Wallace but I don't see Wallace as a long term part of this team. Last season he signed a 1yr 3.7 mill deal and pretty much replicated his previous seasons numbers.

He along with Ko and a resigned Bayless would form a young dynamic bench core. I particularly like the different units this 8 man rotation could form.

Starting
Rondo, AB, Green, Love, Asik

Big lineup
Rondo, Green, Aminu, Love Asik

Small Ball
Rondo, AB, Green, Aminu, Love (great for Miami)

Shooting
Bayless, AB, Green, Love, KO

2nd Unit (Rondo and Love Bench)
Bayless,AB, Green, Aminu, KO   

This is similar dynamic to the Kidd, Terry, Marion, Dirk, Chandler, Barrea, Butler, Pedja Mavs
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Al-Farouq Aminu (If we get love)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 11:47:43 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I have to confess to not seeing much of Aminu last season.

Does he have any capability on offense? Or is he just a younger version of Gerald Wallace?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 11:59:35 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

Does he have any capability on offense? Or is he just a younger version of Gerald Wallace?

limited offense, younger version of wallace. i think his offense will limit the $ he gets as a FA but I think his fit with love is perfect (and KO is a great K-Love light backup). When Love is on the perimeter Aminu can stay inside and rebound. He also gives the Cs 3 players Green, Aminu and Wallace to throw at the elite wings in the NBA.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:04:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

He's a worse version of a younger Gerald Wallace. He doesn't have Crash's court vision.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

He's a worse version of a younger Gerald Wallace. He doesn't have Crash's court vision.

Why would the C's need two Wallaces anyway? And Wallace at least isn't quite as bad hitting the 3.