Author Topic: I still would love MKG here  (Read 4387 times)

I still would love MKG here
« on: June 06, 2014, 02:28:01 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
For every championship caliber team, you need that tough glue guy who hustles hard, and impacts the game both sides of the court. MKG is still young, but with Taylor outdoing him, it seems like he may be on the trade block.

Green+2nd rounder for MKG. Works for both salaries, and honestly the Bobcats want to push for a harder playoff spot. Green can definitely help with floor spacing, and provides decent defense.

I still think MKG is a player that CBS would love to coach. Has great work ethic, and a drive to succeed. MKG has guarded Durant, Melo, and a few other players pretty well. I also think if Pierce comes back to the C's, Pierce is the perfect player to help MKG work on his overall game.  Can you also imagine a outlet pass to MKG who is a monster on the fast break from Love?

I know everyone is wary of his mid range/shooting. I think defensively hes underrated, and provides great hustle. He also finishes pretty well. I would love him here, and think he is the perfect fit in terms of making up for defense should we get Love/Martin.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jwT8dEaO8w

MKG defense on Melo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPCMgpnWsvg

MKG great defense video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-16foKu04vo

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:34:55 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: I still would love MKG here
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 03:05:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Sure.

When everyone was getting all excited about a potential Rondo trade, the Bobcats were one of my favorite hypothetical trade partners.  THey have a lot of youth there.  If you could get the #9, MKG and Biyombo for ROndo... that'd be pretty interesting.  They had Ben Gordon's expiring contract that they could include.  Was fun to think about.

Most said it was too much for the bobcats to give up.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 03:07:24 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Sure.

When everyone was getting all excited about a potential Rondo trade, the Bobcats were one of my favorite hypothetical trade partners.  THey have a lot of youth there.  If you could get the #9, MKG and Biyombo for ROndo... that'd be pretty interesting.  They had Ben Gordon's expiring contract that they could include.  Was fun to think about.

Most said it was too much for the bobcats to give up.

I'm not talking about getting rid of Rondo though... The point of getting MKG is to have a young SF who has great defensive potential...

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 03:45:01 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Don't mind Larbrd33, he really just has a fascination with Rondo.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 03:53:51 AM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Green & 2nd round for MKG?! Seriously?
MKG is a good defender but i just don't think this trade is worthwhile.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 04:01:33 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I was teaching my brother about the 2012 draft, he just got in to basketball. And I showed him how bad MJ was at drafting. So I showed him a bunch of players MJ could have drafted in 2012, and then I brought up mgk stats and compared them to the guys he could have had. Honestly, and I am saying this 100% we both laughed our buts off when we saw his stats.

Now ill admit I have seen little of him and know not too much about his defense. I do remember jordan saying he could be like scotty pippen....i guess that turned out as well as Adam Morrison being Larry Bird hahahahahah

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 04:09:53 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd love to see MKG in a C's jersey.  He is just going to keep getting better.

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 04:43:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He has no where to go but up.   

Do you realize he only shoots 60% from the free throw line?  That is not good in a guard/foward who is a slasher.

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 05:26:09 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Do you realize he only shoots 60% from the free throw line?  That is not good in a guard/foward who is a slasher.

He was at 75% in college and in his rookie year, so I don't think his FT% is really concerning.  The biggest hurdle he has to get over is his outside shot.  That is definitely a work in progress.

But if he was perfect, Charlotte wouldn't even listen to offers for him.  There was word last year that he may be available, so there is a chance the C's could get him at a fair price.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 03:53:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I understand that isn't great or good, but the year Kentucky had Davis/MKG, they had one of the best defenses. You could argue it was due to Davis, but MKG played just as big as role in it. MKG was far ahead of most of the players in defense, and his length/quickness is really what makes him such a great prospect. He has the work ethic, now he just needs the right coach/system to bring him into developing his talents.

Hes only going to get better, and a prospect like him don't just go down on the trade block for anything viable. He isn't a staggering game changer, but he can possibly be one of the best lock down defenders. Hes a great defender especially on hustling down for the chase down block, and is adept at being able to detect passing lanes.

I would definitely trade Green, as 1) more cap space 2) a 2nd rounder isn't worth that much when you take into account we still have plenty 3) Bobcats need a true SF that can floor space. 4) They are looking to push for a deeper playoff run, so trading for MKG makes sense. MJ wouldn't want to admit he failed, but choosing MKG so early in the draft when there were plenty of other better candidates, is kind of the reason why I'm hesitant on picking Gordon so early..

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why trade for MKG when its fairly obvious that the Celtics could probably pick Aaron Gordon, the exact same athletic defensive player with very little offense?

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I was teaching my brother about the 2012 draft, he just got in to basketball. And I showed him how bad MJ was at drafting. So I showed him a bunch of players MJ could have drafted in 2012, and then I brought up mgk stats and compared them to the guys he could have had. Honestly, and I am saying this 100% we both laughed our buts off when we saw his stats.

Now ill admit I have seen little of him and know not too much about his defense. I do remember jordan saying he could be like scotty pippen....i guess that turned out as well as Adam Morrison being Larry Bird hahahahahah

Jordan didn't reach for him. He was projected to go between 2-4. He plays excellent D and has a great motor, so there are a lot of things he does that go beyond the stats. Plus, he's still very young and has a ton of room for growth. He just needs to correct his shot. His mechanics are completely broken.

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 04:39:17 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
MKG is just a young version of gerald wallace, who we already got, so i'll pass ;)

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 04:43:24 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Why trade for MKG when its fairly obvious that the Celtics could probably pick Aaron Gordon, the exact same athletic defensive player with very little offense?

Because if we get Love, we won't have a 6th pick to use on Aaron Gordon, and I really hope the Celtics don't use the 6th pick on Gordon..

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 05:23:32 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Green+2nd rounder for MKG. Works for both salaries, ...

Doesn't work for salaries.
Don't want him either. Broken shot by numerous accounts.