Author Topic: NBA tenatively approves Clipper sale, Sterling drops lawsuit.  (Read 16277 times)

Re: NBA tenatively approves Clipper sale, Sterling drops lawsuit.
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2014, 06:00:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2014, 06:29:25 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
yea i just saw that video very interesting. I just can not believe the man is 3-5 years in to alzheimers and people are making him out to be the devil. Yes he was most likely not a great person, but I can think of a lot worse that are not being vilified by the NBA. Like Jay z hating white people and being apart of the 5% nation who openly states whiter man is the devil. That is much worse.

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »

• Ray Allen
It would be great if we get a top 10 pick out of this...Imagine a top 5

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
yea i just saw that video very interesting. I just can not believe the man is 3-5 years in to alzheimers and people are making him out to be the devil. Yes he was most likely not a great person, but I can think of a lot worse that are not being vilified by the NBA. Like Jay z hating white people and being apart of the 5% nation who openly states whiter man is the devil. That is much worse.

::)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Couple things.

I never thought in a million years that Sterling would fold so fast but neither was I aware when this all first went down that the man was 3=5 years into Alzheimer's and was already deemed mentally incompetent to make his own legal decisions.

And I want to preface this comment with the comment that I am in no way defending Sterling for what he said.

But, I cared for my grandmother the last 7 years of her life while she went into dementia. That woman never once utter a single racist world or ever had racist feelings but near the end when she saw one of my best friends in the house, she asked what the negro was doing walking around her home. She also constantly, in her mind, lived in the 1920's and 1930's even though she was actually living in the 2000's.

This might explain some of what came out of Sterling's mouth that day, though given his past, probably not.

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2014, 10:24:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Silver on the halftime show talking about it now.

Per Ramona Shelburne's Twitter:
-Donald Sterling's lawyer Max Blecher says he thinks there's "about a 2 percent chance" a judge will find him mentally incompetent

-Blecher says btwn Shelly having him declared mentally incompetent & NBA's "intransigence" Donald I"decided it wasn?t worth doing the sale"

-Donald Sterling's lawyer Max Blecher tells ESPN if NBA had reached out to him a way to "restore some dignity" he might have changed his mind
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2014, 11:02:26 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

No it isn't.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:09 AM »

• Ray Allen

No it isn't.

So a senile old man, 5 years in to alzheimers,  saying racist remarks in THE PRIVACY OF HIS HOME, is worse than another man who has the views of and belongs to a group that believes in black power and whites are the devil? BTW Jay z is not senile, nor demented. So he has no excuse but being a racist sexist elitist pig.
Give me a break!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3MFsi_fIRM

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2014, 01:20:57 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

No it isn't.

So a senile old man, 5 years in to alzheimers,  saying racist remarks in THE PRIVACY OF HIS HOME, is worse than another man who has the views of and belongs to a group that believes in black power and whites are the devil? BTW Jay z is not senile, nor demented. So he has no excuse but being a racist sexist elitist pig.
Give me a break!

It's worse because Donald Sterling is a white devil.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2014, 02:46:52 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

No it isn't.

Give me a break!

You do know that Donald Sterling has been systematically screwing black people and other minorities in his real estate dealings for many, many years prior to this, right?

And that Sterling's lawyer went on the record saying that he was 98% positive that a judge wouldn't find Sterling mentally disabled?

And that the only reason Shelly Sterling is saying that Donald has Alzheimers is to keep him from interfering with the sale of the team? And that she referred to the diagnosis as Plan B after he told her he wasn't going to let her sell the team?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/10/sports/basketball/donald-sterling-impairment-eased-clippers-sale-to-steve-ballmer.html?_r=0

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2014, 03:34:06 AM »

• Ray Allen

No it isn't.

Give me a break!

So what is your opinions of whites on this forum, are we devils? What about Obama, is he half devil? What about Ainge, Brad Stevens, and wyc? What about the celtics mascot Lucky, he's a devil too right?!?!

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2014, 03:36:13 AM »

• Ray Allen

No it isn't.

Give me a break!

You do know that Donald Sterling has been systematically screwing black people and other minorities in his real estate dealings for many, many years prior to this, right?

And that Sterling's lawyer went on the record saying that he was 98% positive that a judge wouldn't find Sterling mentally disabled?

And that the only reason Shelly Sterling is saying that Donald has Alzheimers is to keep him from interfering with the sale of the team? And that she referred to the diagnosis as Plan B after he told her he wasn't going to let her sell the team?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/10/sports/basketball/donald-sterling-impairment-eased-clippers-sale-to-steve-ballmer.html?_r=0

Yea I do, I posted about it a page or two back.

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2014, 04:30:17 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

No it isn't.

Give me a break!

So what is your opinions of whites on this forum, are we devils? What about Obama, is he half devil? What about Ainge, Brad Stevens, and wyc? What about the celtics mascot Lucky, he's a devil too right?!?!

Somewhere between 0% and 100%.  No.  No.  No.

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2014, 02:14:39 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

I think it illustrates the NBA's hypocracy and righteous indignation when it comes to race.  This is the same NBA that welcomed with open arms....Overt racist sexist crime promoting (just listen to his "music") jayz as a co-owner of a franchise.  If they want to stop Sterling from attending NBA games...Why do they and their media at ABDNC and ESPN not only embrace....But caption ad-nauseum the ultimate overt racist...spike lee....Whenever the knicks have a televised home game?  The NBA banishes Sterling but embraces life long race-hustler jesse jackson sitting in the front row of the first televised Clippers home game after the Sterling revelations?

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2014, 02:52:05 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Give me a break!

Yea I do, I posted about it a page or two back.

So then you know that characterizing Sterling as an old man 3-5 years into Alzheimers is, at best, a reach?