Author Topic: Does anyone know how hoopshype works?  (Read 2115 times)

Does anyone know how hoopshype works?
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Hoopshype.com is a website most of us are familiar with. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about its functionality in regards to the rumors and twitters sections. How do they pull all that info from all those different sources and consolidate it on their site so fast?

Just curious if anyone knew how they do it.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Does anyone know how hoopshype works?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ouija Board?? JK.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 10:26:33 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Pretty sure the moderator personally picks articles and relevant tweets for the Rumors page. Then they use a twitter widget to stream tweets from a long list of NBA writers that the mod has pre-chosen for the Twitter page.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
The cover of hoopshype right now is ruining my night...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 11:26:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hoopshype.com is a website most of us are familiar with. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about its functionality in regards to the rumors and twitters sections. How do they pull all that info from all those different sources and consolidate it on their site so fast?

I'm sure there's just some plug-in that allows them to have a live twitter feed from various pre-designated twitter accounts. 

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 11:34:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I'm sure there's just some plug-in that allows them to have a live twitter feed from various pre-designated twitter accounts.

Actually it looks like it's probably something part of twitter itself.  Just google "how to embed twitter feed" and you'll see all sorts of stuff.   http://www.karelia.com/support/sandvox/help/z/Adding_a_Twitter_Feed_to_Your_Site.html

Pretty easy, it seems.  Click on that little settings icon in twitter and you can create an embed code.  You can have a feed from one twitter account, or you can have a feed of "favorites".  So you could go around favoriting your favorite tweets and have an embed on your site that lists all those tweets.