Gordon Hayward via FA
2 (5.7%)
Carmelo Anthony via FA
4 (11.4%)
Marcin Gortat via FA
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: June 13, 2014, 09:05:54 PM

Author Topic: Boston Celtics Top Off-Season Targets  (Read 3576 times)

Boston Celtics Top Off-Season Targets
« on: June 03, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »

Offline TDOG71498

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
 ???

Re: Boston Celtics Top Off-Season Targets
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:07:32 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Ask your experts.  ;)

I voted for Love.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 06:07:24 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
love
westbrook (we have to at least see if rondo for westbrook is a possibility; russ is to good not to reach out to okc we have players that I know will intrigue them and draft picks)(side note of we part with the sixth pick for russ and land him, that makes us a premiere spot if not the favorite to land love in his free agency)(rajon & avery/jeff + 6th pick; i say avery or jeff because who knows who they like in the draft i think could be enough to land him)
monroe (if love is no longer a possibility)
stephenson
hayward
asik
sanders
noel (if sixers land embiid)
bradley (depending on the teams situation)
bayless
pierce (if we could actually put together a contender this offseason)
anthony morrow, jodie meeks (for perimeter shooting)

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would have voted for several of those options.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 06:49:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would say Eric Gordon should be on here too.

The Pelicans don't mind adding salary in exchange for anyone looking to get rid of Gordon. If they would take Wallace, and something else, I don't mind. I think Gordon has been unhappy in the Pelicans for a while now.

I think for those who criticize Gordon, I do agree, injury prone, and is a high contract. But he has 1 year less than Wallace, and hes never ever played with a great pass first PG, nor has he ever had anyone else that was a great scorer besides Davis. Gordon has always been the scoring option during his tenure at NOH/LAC until Davis came along. I would take a flier on him, and see how he plays out. Worst case, Gordon isn't healthy, but at least next year he'll be a 15 million expiring contract which still has some value around the NBA.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:56:38 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 07:45:06 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
i like it but lets face facts, gerald wallace and his contract is toxic and untradeable
one deal that I did think was somewhat realistic would be gerald wallace for john salmons (gerald is an upgrade in the same position, younger, pretty much same deal except one less year for salmons) only reason why i think this is a possibility though is because I actually think wallace would fit in nice and play really well on toronto, if torontos gm doesnt think the same (that gerald is a perfect fit) he's still untradeable lol

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 07:49:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
i like it but lets face facts, gerald wallace and his contract is toxic and untradeable
one deal that I did think was somewhat realistic would be gerald wallace for john salmons (gerald is an upgrade in the same position, younger, pretty much same deal except one less year for salmons) only reason why i think this is a possibility though is because I actually think wallace would fit in nice and play really well on toronto, if torontos gm doesnt think the same (that gerald is a perfect fit) he's still untradeable lol

I actually think if we offered Wallace right now, a protected future pick, maybe a second rounder, the Pelicans would seriously mull over it.. I mean seriously. The Pelicans haven't even disclosed or remain anonymous in their pursuit of desperately getting rid of Gordon. They have literally come out, and conflicted many times with FO/Management versus Monty, who has been the only positive person about keeping Gordon. While Monty expects to see Gordon here, EG is constantly on the trade block. It got to a point where the Pelicans were willing to listen to any offer with a open ear.

I would take a shot at EG, but I'm not Ainge. I think EG deserves a second chance, because he hasn't properly been in the right teams/system or position to succeed.

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 07:53:57 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
your 100% correct, but you dont think thats a little much just to take a year off of wallaces contract? i do agree that gordon could potentially turn it all around but his injuries have been a problem for years, and i mean years...idk I would be weary on pulling the trigger for that deal (but as a plus if we do trade for him and wanna resign we can get him for cheap) but how injury prone avery bradley is could also stop DA from doing a EG deal
on a lighter note though I am almost certain that this could be the year we get a legitimate center! lol; if 76 or bucks draft embiid we could get noel or sanders for 25 cents on the dollar (which i love both as younger rim protecting high upside centers), or we could prey on houstons weakness and get asik for free!
what do you think about wallace to toronto?

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 08:14:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
your 100% correct, but you dont think thats a little much just to take a year off of wallaces contract? i do agree that gordon could potentially turn it all around but his injuries have been a problem for years, and i mean years...idk I would be weary on pulling the trigger for that deal (but as a plus if we do trade for him and wanna resign we can get him for cheap) but how injury prone avery bradley is could also stop DA from doing a EG deal
on a lighter note though I am almost certain that this could be the year we get a legitimate center! lol; if 76 or bucks draft embiid we could get noel or sanders for 25 cents on the dollar (which i love both as younger rim protecting high upside centers), or we could prey on houstons weakness and get asik for free!
what do you think about wallace to toronto?

A protected first pick, and a 2nd rounder may be a tad bit too much. But Gordon has a player option. Injuries can also be attributed to the system they run, or the fact that like I said Gordon has always been the main scoring option. Hes had plenty of mileage on his shoes/feet at a young age. From day one, he has been expected to carry most of the scoring load. The Pelicans also have had a history of injured players, and Davis is also a good result of that. You can blame it on their medical staff, but other factors can also get into it. I don't think AB is that injury prone, but he isn't looking too good.

Like I said, if we get Love, we're going to need a player that can also be our 2nd or 3rd scoring option. A player that can drive or finish inside. If you can get the LAC 22 PPG scoring Gordon, then you should do it.

In this life, you must take risk and gambles. Wallace is an albatross contract. No GM except a select few will even take a whiff at him without a few extra incentives.

Noel isn't coming here though... Trust me when I say that 76ers would expect a lot more, and Sanders will not come 25 cents on the dollar... The Bucks management/FO is pretty bad, but even they know keeping him could be worth more to see whether or not he can pan out.

Sanders could be like Gordon in a year or two, if he doesn't do as well.

Ainge has been known to shoot the gun, and take on a prospect or a young player that just needs a change of scenery.

As for Wallace to Toronto? No. Raptors clearly don't want to muddle cap space. They would rather keep Salmons than trade for Wallace. Masai Ujiri worked hard to clear cap space to get rid of Gay, do you seriously think he would take on a 3 year 10 million dollar contract? Absolutely not. The possibility of Wallace ever landing in Toronto is little to none. If it ever happens, save this thread, and I'll give you 10 TP's.

I personally would offer Wallace, a first protected pick from the Celtics for Gordon, and see whether or not he pans out. Its worth taking a risk. We could also retain or keep Bradley, and Gordon could be our starting SG, with Bradley backing him up.

Gordon is disgruntled, and doesn't want to be a sixth man. He still is young, and has potential. Hes a scorer at heart, and is a decent defender when he tries.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:20 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Carmelo
K Love
And role players like
Spencer  Hawes
Ed Davis
Kyle O'quinn
Nick Young
Jodie Meeks

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 08:37:06 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
gordons a better player than salmons; the pelicans are a better all around team than the raptors (regardless of the fact the raptors made it to the playoffs, idc what anyone says) if its "little to none" to toronto its "none" to new orleans, salmons and gordon have the same contract...regardless of whether EG is disgruntled or w.e.
but yea your right about sanders and noel we wont get them for 25cents on the dollar but they will be made available depending on where embiid goes, neither one of those players can slide to the 4 to play with embiid

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 09:29:36 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
bmac.. do you really think westbrook is worth rondo AND #6?

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 10:10:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd vote for Melo and/or Love.

Paint me greedy but I want a new 3-man super team in Boston (Rondo, Melo and Love) to go to war vs Miami with Paul coming back as our 6th man/captain.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:15:43 PM by gpap »

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 11:53:48 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
future owner, without a doubt in my mind....and I wanna reiterate that I LOVE RAJON and would say no to 9/10 deals for him, but Russell Westbrook is elite and will be for a very long time

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 01:41:52 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3063
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'd vote for Melo and/or Love.

Paint me greedy but I want a new 3-man super team in Boston (Rondo, Melo and Love) to go to war vs Miami with Paul coming back as our 6th man/captain.
I'm with you wish it was that easy would be happy to land just one. If we don't land Love bet Danny goes hard at Carmelo any way he can since we can't just sign him
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk