Author Topic: A New Big Three (Melo, Love, Rondo) while adding Asik  (Read 13104 times)

A New Big Three (Melo, Love, Rondo) while adding Asik
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:23:51 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Alright guys, this may be a little far fetched but heres my dream offseason.

First, Trade exception for Asik http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m7nu7m3

Why Boston: To get the Rim protection we desperately need
Why Houston: To free up Cap Space to go after big time free agents (like Melo, but hoepfully we can steal him)

Second, Sully, Bogans, Bass, 2014 #6, 2015 clippers pick, 2016 nets pick (top 5 protected) for Love. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=myow83z

Why Boston: Helps on the boards, scoring big that can spread the floor. Only 25 years old!!!!!
Why Minny: They need to get something for Love before he leaves for nothing and this gives them a young prospect in Sully, a good bench player in Bass (possible starter in Minny), the 6th pick (possible future all star), and 2 other future first rounders to help with the rebuild

Third, Wallace, Green, CJ, Babb, Joel Anthony, 2018 Nets (No protection, very valuable cause that franchise will be in the trash) and 2015 Celtics pick for Melo http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m3pysfk

Why Boston: Scoring, Go to guy, Superstars win games
Why New York: A lot of teams still think Jeff has potential (Jeff has had some good games against the knicks) so they could Bite, hes still young. Wallace's contract will be attractive when it expires, NYC is definitely a destination free agents like so they could sign a superstar some day. CJ, Babb and Joel Anthony can all be waived for cap space which the Knicks definitely need. Also, the Knicks NEED draft picks consider they dont have ANY for a while. We give them the ever valuable 2018 Nets pick with no protection (so they dont need even more) and the 2015 C's pick.

Next, Sign Pierce to the MLE and resign AB

Draft (Since we still have 2014 #17) Warren

Lineup

Starting:
Rondo
AB
Melo
Love
Asik

Bench:
Pressey
Pierce
Warren
Olynyk
Faverani

Maybe we can get a second rounder in this draft and pick up a little more talent (Early, Shabazz). Bench may need help but having Melo and Pierce as "Go to" guys would be awesome (Plus we get to see the captain retire as a C) They also could mentor Warren for our future. We would get Love to round out the Big 3, great for boards and floor spacing. Asik as our Rim protector. Still have Rondo as our all star PG. Olynyk can still develop. Plus we still have 5 first rounders in the next 5 years, not bad!

I know the trades work but I'm not sure if we have the money to sign Pierce and AB. Someone wanna check?

Re: A New Big Three (Melo, Love, Rondo) while adding Asik
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 11:00:36 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6

First, Trade exception for Asik http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m7nu7m3

Why Houston: To free up Cap Space to go after big time free agents (like Melo, but hoepfully we can steal him)

Second, Sully, Bogans, Bass, 2014 #6, 2015 clippers pick, 2016 nets pick (top 5 protected) for Love. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=myow83z

Why Boston: Helps on the boards, scoring big that can spread the floor. Only 25 years old!!!!!
Why Minny: They need to get something for Love before he leaves for nothing and this gives them a young prospect in Sully, a good bench player in Bass (possible starter in Minny), the 6th pick (possible future all star), and 2 other future first rounders to help with the rebuild

Third, Wallace, Green, CJ, Babb, Joel Anthony, 2018 Nets (No protection, very valuable cause that franchise will be in the trash) and 2015 Celtics pick for Melo http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m3pysfk

Why New York: A lot of teams still think Jeff has potential (Jeff has had some good games against the knicks) so they could Bite, hes still young. Wallace's contract will be attractive when it expires, NYC is definitely a destination free agents like so they could sign a superstar some day. CJ, Babb and Joel Anthony can all be waived for cap space which the Knicks definitely need. Also, the Knicks NEED draft picks consider they dont have ANY for a while. We give them the ever valuable 2018 Nets pick with no protection (so they dont need even more) and the 2015 C's pick.

Lineup

Starting:
Rondo
AB
Melo
Love
Asik

Bench:
Pressey
Pierce
Warren
Olynyk
Faverani

Maybe we can get a second rounder in this draft and pick up a little more talent (Early, Shabazz). Bench may need help but having Melo and Pierce as "Go to" guys would be awesome (Plus we get to see the captain retire as a C) They also could mentor Warren for our future. We would get Love to round out the Big 3, great for boards and floor spacing. Asik as our Rim protector. Still have Rondo as our all star PG. Olynyk can still develop. Plus we still have 5 first rounders in the next 5 years, not bad!

I know the trades work but I'm not sure if we have the money to sign Pierce and AB. Someone wanna check?

Lol thats the most realistic unrealistic scenario of the offseason.. TP for the creativity..

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
The Love and Asik trades are relatively realistic and the Melo deal could work due to the stupidity of Knicks management :)

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 11:16:42 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Lineup

Starting:
Rondo
AB
Melo
Love
Asik

Bench:
Pressey
Pierce
Warren
Olynyk
Faverani

I like that.  I like that a lot

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
So, is Melo exercising his ETO, and going to be on a one-year contract next year, or is he opting out, with New York signing and trading him to a division rival?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 11:57:13 PM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
Isn't it not allowed to trade picks of consecutive years from a franchise according to CBA rules?Then your dream proposal won't be working too bad, I would love Melo to form the big three in Boston too. In fact, I have been thinking what is the situation of Melo and will there be any chance of him playing for the Celtics in 2014-2015 as well.

Melo is unlikely to pick up his player option and will be opting out for free agency this summer. That means we will have to sign him as a free agent, but I wonder if we have that cap space to sign another MAX player, other than Rondo and K Love. Oh yeah, it's necessary for us to snag K love from Minnesota on draft night as well to set things up, as it can convince Melo we are a winning team.

If we can somehow convince Melo to pick up his player option and get traded to Boston, that would be a win-win situation for Boston and New York, as we can obtain our third member of the Big three while New York can at least collect some assets before losing Melo to FA. I'm not sure what kind of trade package we can offer though to make up to his contract though, perhaps yours plus some modification with picks will work. And another problem will be Houston, who's also doing everything to get him to form their big three of Harden,Howard and Melo. In fact, which big three is more enticing? Harden-Howard-Melo or Rondo-Love-Melo? In terms of talent I think the former gets the win, but in terms of compatibility and ability to win(East and West), I think the latter is better. 

We will get desperate for Asik if the above happens but I don't think there is a need for Houston to clear cap space anymore if we are able to steal Melo from them, yet there's still a little chance Morey would want to get rid of his balloon contract, then everything will fall into place muhahahaha.

There are multiple big IFs and I'm not sure if anything I said is realistic, but this will be my dream scenario of this offseason.

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 12:00:39 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
TP for the effort, but I still stand here on Wallace to the Knicks:

There's absolutely no way New York takes on Wallace as they plan on being major players next summer in free agency when they will literally not have a single contract on the books (besides maybe Melo himself). They're not looking to build through the draft, especially with Phil Jackson at the helm.

We would get Melo through Dwight Howarding the Knicks.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 12:44:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

There's absolutely no way New York takes on Wallace as they plan on being major players next summer in free agency when they will literally not have a single contract on the books (besides maybe Melo himself). They're not looking to build through the draft, especially with Phil Jackson at the helm.

And you nailed it, but forgot the word 'only'. We ONLY get Melo by Dwight Howarding the Knicks. They have one real asset, besides Shumpert's amazing rap skills (seriously.)

They're not trading Melo for anything.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 01:17:54 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

And you nailed it, but forgot the word 'only'. We ONLY get Melo by Dwight Howarding the Knicks. They have one real asset, besides Shumpert's amazing rap skills (seriously.)

They're not trading Melo for anything.

I feel like Jackson isn't a big melo fan

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 01:47:18 AM »

Offline Mikedmx6

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I've been on this forum and talking to celtics fans since beginning of last season and one thing I continously said is I truly believe melo will be on the celtics.  It was a gut feeling I had and as time goes on I believe he will be part of our "new big three" we can say it's darn near impossible but that same thought was in my head when KG and Ray Ray came here.  It's definitely not out of the picture guys.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 03:06:08 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Dolan would never trade Melo to the Celtics. 

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 12:31:20 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Just saying for the people saying "Why would the Knicks trade to a division rival?" I seem to recall we traded two of our best players to a division rival

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 12:34:34 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Just saying for the people saying "Why would the Knicks trade to a division rival?" I seem to recall we traded two of our best players to a division rival

As a Boston fan, I've never considered New Jersey/Brooklyn a division rival, geographical proximity aside.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 12:43:28 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

The main reason is Dolan.  This is a guy who reportedly blocked a trade of Raymond Felton, Metta World Peace, and either Tim Hardaway Jr., Iman Shumpert, or a future first for Kyle Lowry because he was afraid of losing another trade with Masai Ujiri.

There is reason to believe that Dolan would have superficial reasons to be resistant to a trade that has sound basketball justification.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 12:45:09 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I prefer adding Sanders if possible and not Asik