Author Topic: Love wants out by July 1st  (Read 21072 times)

Love wants out by July 1st
« on: May 27, 2014, 01:22:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
    The Kings are willing to give up their eighth overall pick in this year?s NBA draft and a combination of players for Love, even though he would not be expected to sign a contract extension before next season ? if ever, with the rebuilding, small-market franchise, the source said. Sacramento envisions Love and DeMarcus Cousins playing alongside each other in the front court. Swingman Rudy Gay has a player?s option for next season.

The Kings know they?d have to gamble on convincing Love to re-sign, given that the franchise is rebuilding and Love is looking to play for a contender after never reaching the playoffs with the Timberwolves. Love?s suitors also figure to include a number of bigger markets, including the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls.

Love?s representatives with Excel Sports have pushed Timberwolves president Flip Saunders to find an acceptable trade prior to the start of free agency in July. Without a trade, Love plans to opt out of his contract in the summer of 2015 and likely leave Minnesota as a free agent.

From Yahoo! Marc Spears, unfortunately it isn't the god Adrian Woj, but... if this is true, Danny Ainge should jump on this.

Love will be better than ANYONE we can get at the sixth pick... I don't get why people are hesitant on trading for Love, did anyone honestly think the sheer amount of picks we had wouldn't be used for bringing in Allstars?

If we bring in Love, Melo who might have no choice, but to stay on the Knicks this year, might want to force a trade to BOS during next years trade deadline.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Love wants out by July 1st
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 01:27:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No surprise on this report.

Love has a list of what 5 to 6 teams he'd find acceptable. That's a very big list compared to what players in similar situations have given their teams front office, which has had me thinking he's always wanted to avoid the awkward season full of questions by staying in Minnesota up to the trade deadline.

He wants to get moved asap.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:31:32 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
It only makes sense then that a trade happens by the draft before those picks lose value.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
It only makes sense then that a trade happens by the draft before those picks lose value.

Hasn't Taylor said that he won't trade Love before the Draft?

I guess that doesn't rule out a trade on Draft Night after the 1st round has started.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
No surprise on this report.

Love has a list of what 5 to 6 teams he'd find acceptable. That's a very big list compared to what players in similar situations have given their teams front office, which has had me thinking he's always wanted to avoid the awkward season full of questions by staying in Minnesota up to the trade deadline.

He wants to get moved asap.

Fafnir I've only seen a few of your posts about Love, but I haven't directly seen what you thought generally about the acquisition of Love.

Do you think BOS has a good chance of getting Love? Would you want Love, and at what price? Love ain't coming cheap, so its going to be tough to stomach what type of offer Ainge is thinking of offering.

I guess that doesn't rule out a trade on Draft Night after the 1st round has started.

Love is definitely getting traded on draft day.

I don't think he has any more motivation to stay, no matter what roster moves/coaches they make.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 01:44:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wonder if these comments had anything to do with the early exit.

"About his teammate Kevin Love, the Spanish point guard says that "he is a special player, the numbers that he puts up are incredible, but still the leader has to be somebody else (...) He leads in scoring, in other things, but in voice he is not the type of player that wants to be or that can be, no? There are different types of leaders. Still, it did not have to have been him, it should have been Kevin Martin, with a little more experience, or even I can take a step further and start to be the definitive leader."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24567783/ricky-rubio-questions-kevin-loves-leadership

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 01:47:07 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
Love will be moved on draft day because in any potential trade the Timberwolves will be receiving draft picks as part of the compensation. I see no reason why they wouldn't want to dictate who they chose.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Doesn't have to be moved on draft day, but deal should be in place on draft day so teams are picking for TWolves.  The Twolves are quite capable of doing something stupid like trying to hold him to the trade deadline however.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

oh well good for everybody else, it'll only hurt them renting love for a half year or less teams will give less assets especially if he gets hurt
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
Love will be better than ANYONE we can get at the sixth pick... I don't get why people are hesitant on trading for Love

Failure of imagination. And it's not all about the stat sheet.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 02:16:37 PM »

• Jayson Tatum
  • zap
Kevin Love is a lot like Rudy Gay. A me-first stat padding player who doesn't actually make his team all that much better. I'd love to see them join forces in Sacramento, before Love leaves them high and dry.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 02:18:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I bet if he was black someone would've already called him a malcontent or a team cancer.
#MakingTheMostOfHisLimitedAbility

:-X
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I bet if he was black someone would've already called him a malcontent or a team cancer.
#MakingTheMostOfHisLimitedAbility

:-X

What is with you, dude?

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »

• Jayson Tatum
  • zap
Look how much better Toronto got after trading Gay to Sac for a bunch of role players. Minny can be a better team post-Love as well, as Pekovic was way under-utilized while Love was getting his.

If they can get Vonleh with the 8th pick, that front-court would be better balanced, since Love didn't play a lick of D, and always opted to go after rebounds as opposed to contesting shots. Vonleh can contest shots and play help defense much better than Love, while still stretching the floor at an acceptable level with his jumper, while the offense runs through the extremely efficient Pekovic, who only got 13 shots per game last year despite elite efficiency, unlike Love.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 02:21:26 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Kevin Love is a lot like Rudy Gay. A me-first stat padding player who doesn't actually make his team all that much better. I'd love to see them join forces in Sacramento, before Love leaves them high and dry.

I disagree. I suggest you look at the Wolves' +/- numbers with Love on the floor vs with Love off the floor.