Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 247827 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Yahoo league is live!
« Reply #1035 on: October 23, 2014, 11:21:08 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I also had Copeland at #1
Bojan(gles) at #2
Ended with hollis Thompson who could be starting plus I needed a SF/PF.

Given that the UF are in rebuild mode, I had Ennis #1 & Hairston #2. Followed by Copeland, Bojan, & Kostas.

I had Hollis at #8. I had him at #5 at one point, but bumped him down b/c his upside may not be as high as other.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1036 on: October 23, 2014, 11:27:46 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Just for discussion sake, here's a quick breakout of the first round of waiver pickups:

Drinkers: Arnett Moultrie - Shrew and a little surprising pickup by the champ. Moultrie been really good this preseason. There are plenty of minutes available in the Sixers front court. A little bit of an injury risk and may fall back in coach's dog house.

RR: Bojan Bogdanovic - A very nice pickup by the two time finalist. Bojan is the defacto starting SF for the Nets. He had a solid, but not great preseaon. He should get better as the year goes on. Alan Anderson, AK47, Jack, and maybe Karasev will push him for minutes.

CK: Solomon Hill - CK landed a young former first round pick for Andre Miller's caracas. Much like Bojan, Hill received a lot of preseason minutes, but was not great... maybe not solid in Hill's performance either, but he should get better as the season progresses.

TB: Kostas Papanikolaou - I had Kostas going to TB since his errant Papanikolaou picture posting in the draft thread. Initially, I wasn't a fan, but his preseason play opened my eyes. As an owner of Motiejunas & former owner of TJones, I don't quite fully trust anything with the Rockets outside of D12 & Harden though.

UF: James Ennis - Was it good timing or foreshadowing that after Ennis tore up the first few preseason games, he played only 3 minutes & then DNP'd? I am not sure. I am hoping that it was just fortunate timing for the UF franchise as he was my top choice. I have been following Ennis since he was drafted & went over season last season. Last Spring, I actually picked him up as FA in the Points League!

Eja: P.J. Hairston - I was more than a little shocked that P.J. was first dropped and then fell right into Eja's lap! Sure, he's a knuckled, but he has played pretty well so far. Unless he tried to go toe-to-toe with Lance, I think he's a real steal.

Kissing Cousins: Andre Roberson - Scott Brooks loves him some 0&D guys! Andre Roberson may start at SG/SF for OKC for the next 10 years and never average more than 6 points per game.

GC: Glen Rice Jr. - More fortunate timing? Rice's injury helped Rice slip all the way to the commish. He wasn't playing all that well before the ankle injury, but will get huge run with Beal & Webster out. 

Bad Dream Team - Chase Budinger is a rich man thanks to David Kahn. This is a typical sneaky TWW pickup. Not the sexiest name, but as one of the vets on the Wolves, he will produce.

Juggs: Ray McCallum - GC & I were sad when the Kings went out and signed Collinson & Session b/c Ray can ball with the best of them! The Juggs may be the most patience GM in the league... although YH did post "Mitroc is the 16th spot" for like, 7 seasons. ;)

Kwhit: Hollis Thompson - Did you know that Hollis shot 40% 3PTs as a rookie last season? He's the one rock on the disaster that is the Sixers. He's inline for a big season... well maybe like 12pts, 6rebs, 1.5 3ptr,- ish.

Whew!

So there u have it.

Mk
Very nice job!!! TP....but u did forget Copeland lol...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1037 on: October 23, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
And theres more added on recently...Like Jimmer but playing time may be hard to come by is why I pass on him plus I have no one else to drop lol
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1038 on: October 23, 2014, 11:33:11 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Just for discussion sake, here's a quick breakout of the first round of waiver pickups:

Drinkers: Arnett Moultrie - Shrew and a little surprising pickup by the champ. Moultrie been really good this preseason. There are plenty of minutes available in the Sixers front court. A little bit of an injury risk and may fall back in coach's dog house.

RR: Bojan Bogdanovic - A very nice pickup by the two time finalist. Bojan is the defacto starting SF for the Nets. He had a solid, but not great preseaon. He should get better as the year goes on. Alan Anderson, AK47, Jack, and maybe Karasev will push him for minutes.

CK: Solomon Hill - CK landed a young former first round pick for Andre Miller's caracas. Much like Bojan, Hill received a lot of preseason minutes, but was not great... maybe not solid in Hill's performance either, but he should get better as the season progresses.

TB: Kostas Papanikolaou - I had Kostas going to TB since his errant Papanikolaou picture posting in the draft thread. Initially, I wasn't a fan, but his preseason play opened my eyes. As an owner of Motiejunas & former owner of TJones, I don't quite fully trust anything with the Rockets outside of D12 & Harden though.

UF: James Ennis - Was it good timing or foreshadowing that after Ennis tore up the first few preseason games, he played only 3 minutes & then DNP'd? I am not sure. I am hoping that it was just fortunate timing for the UF franchise as he was my top choice. I have been following Ennis since he was drafted & went over season last season. Last Spring, I actually picked him up as FA in the Points League!

Eja: P.J. Hairston - I was more than a little shocked that P.J. was first dropped and then fell right into Eja's lap! Sure, he's a knuckled, but he has played pretty well so far. Unless he tried to go toe-to-toe with Lance, I think he's a real steal.

Kissing Cousins: Andre Roberson - Scott Brooks loves him some 0&D guys! Andre Roberson may start at SG/SF for OKC for the next 10 years and never average more than 6 points per game.

GC: Glen Rice Jr. - More fortunate timing? Rice's injury helped Rice slip all the way to the commish. He wasn't playing all that well before the ankle injury, but will get huge run with Beal & Webster out. 

Bad Dream Team - Chase Budinger is a rich man thanks to David Kahn. This is a typical sneaky TWW pickup. Not the sexiest name, but as one of the vets on the Wolves, he will produce.

Juggs: Ray McCallum - GC & I were sad when the Kings went out and signed Collinson & Session b/c Ray can ball with the best of them! The Juggs may be the most patience GM in the league... although YH did post "Mitroc is the 16th spot" for like, 7 seasons. ;)

Kwhit: Hollis Thompson - Did you know that Hollis shot 40% 3PTs as a rookie last season? He's the one rock on the disaster that is the Sixers. He's inline for a big season... well maybe like 12pts, 6rebs, 1.5 3ptr,- ish.

Whew!

So there u have it.

Mk
Very nice job!!! TP....but u did forget Copeland lol...

I left him out initially b/c I wrote a little bit in my response to you, but then the post grew, but I forgot to add him back in... until now!!!

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1039 on: October 23, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
And theres more added on recently...Like Jimmer but playing time may be hard to come by is why I pass on him plus I have no one else to drop lol

Jimmer's a very interesting pickup - a change of scenery might be a big boost for him, but there's still the glaring problem of being a PG that can't bring the ball up or play D, on a team with a more talented guy with similar problems (Rivers).

« Reply #1040 on: October 23, 2014, 11:35:01 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

I only did the initial pass through. Some teams picked up more than one player off of waivers, but I didn't do them.

I was on the fence about Jimmer to. He's been shooting the ball well, but I don't know where the minutes come from. Plus, no real upside unless NO get hit with some injures.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1041 on: October 23, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Can the season start tonight please?  Anything to distract from this week.

« Reply #1042 on: October 23, 2014, 12:17:01 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I guess I should have done more research and not dropped this bogdan guy
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1043 on: October 23, 2014, 12:19:49 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Different Bogdanovic!

You dropped the Sun's Bogdanovic, who was drafted this year. The Brooklyn Bogdanovic is a different Bogdanovic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2191558-bogdan-vs-bojan-meet-the-unrelated-bogdanovic-boys-headed-to-the-nba

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1044 on: October 23, 2014, 01:02:49 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Different Bogdanovic!

You dropped the Sun's Bogdanovic, who was drafted this year. The Brooklyn Bogdanovic is a different Bogdanovic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2191558-bogdan-vs-bojan-meet-the-unrelated-bogdanovic-boys-headed-to-the-nba

Mk

Thank god!  I guess I really needed to do more research haha
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1045 on: October 23, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Mk knows me too well! I couldn't pass on the only decent Greek player in the league, so I had Kostas #1 on my waiver list. He's had his struggles, but has had some excellent flashes as well, I really like his potential and see him as my 2014 1st round pick since I had traded it away.

I had Jimmer at #2, I really like his chances in NO, his new coach wants to utilize his scoring ability and sees him leading the bench scoring unit. I think players that can shoot like Jimmer make the most sense to put around Anthony Davis anyway, and as much as Rivers may be an overall more talented player, he's a far inferior shooter.

I really like the Hairston pickup by Eja, I had him #3 on my list. He was not higher because I don't want to wait on him this year. I like Copeland for this year, but don't see him being as productive once PG is back next year. I really like the Moultrie pickup by the defending champ, great gamble, he's not riding on last year's roster merit.

I also like the Ennis pickup by Mk, I had him on my list but dropped him after his last two preseason games.

The pickup I like the most though is the one I just made once waivers were over, Festus Ezeli. He's back healthy and had shown a lot of promise his rookie year. He's a lock to get PT as the backup center, and knowing Bogut, Ezeli may get a fair number of starts as well.

Bottom line though, it all depends on who you drop, and I had enough crap players to drop for all these pickups!

« Reply #1046 on: October 23, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Mk knows me too well! I couldn't pass on the only decent Greek player in the league, so I had Kostas #1 on my waiver list. He's had his struggles, but has had some excellent flashes as well, I really like his potential and see him as my 2014 1st round pick since I had traded it away.

I had Jimmer at #2, I really like his chances in NO, his new coach wants to utilize his scoring ability and sees him leading the bench scoring unit. I think players that can shoot like Jimmer make the most sense to put around Anthony Davis anyway, and as much as Rivers may be an overall more talented player, he's a far inferior shooter.

I really like the Hairston pickup by Eja, I had him #3 on my list. He was not higher because I don't want to wait on him this year. I like Copeland for this year, but don't see him being as productive once PG is back next year. I really like the Moultrie pickup by the defending champ, great gamble, he's not riding on last year's roster merit.

I also like the Ennis pickup by Mk, I had him on my list but dropped him after his last two preseason games.

The pickup I like the most though is the one I just made once waivers were over, Festus Ezeli. He's back healthy and had shown a lot of promise his rookie year. He's a lock to get PT as the backup center, and knowing Bogut, Ezeli may get a fair number of starts as well.

Bottom line though, it all depends on who you drop, and I had enough crap players to drop for all these pickups!

Nice work getting Festus. I had him on the "add" screen twice before being unable to find someone I wanted to drop in order to pick him up. I think he'll be a nice supplementary source of rebounds and blocks this year.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #1047 on: October 23, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Nice work getting Festus. I had him on the "add" screen twice before being unable to find someone I wanted to drop in order to pick him up. I think he'll be a nice supplementary source of rebounds and blocks this year.

Thanks. After taking a quick look over your roster, I don't blame you for not dropping anyone though. It makes it an easy decision when you have guys like JJ Barea and Steve Blake to discard like I did.

« Reply #1048 on: October 23, 2014, 05:42:31 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Thanks. After taking a quick look over your roster, I don't blame you for not dropping anyone though. It makes it an easy decision when you have guys like JJ Barea and Steve Blake to discard like I did.

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1049 on: October 23, 2014, 06:23:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Blake is like a boomerang, I've discarded him multiple times over the last few years yet somehow he still ends up back on my roster.