Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 247828 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Yahoo league is live!
« Reply #1020 on: October 20, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
We're LIVE over on Yahoo!

I might leave this up just if there are issues but i assume folks will take the action over there.

Waiver priority is set and waivers appear that they'll go through on Oct. 23.

Awesome, TP GC!!

« Reply #1021 on: October 21, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
We're LIVE over on Yahoo! http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/luckyforevah

I might leave this up just if there are issues but i assume folks will take the action over there.

Waiver priority is set and waivers appear that they'll go through on Oct. 23.

Congrats on completing your first preseason as commissioner!

All n all, it was a mostly smooth and well managed off season.

TPs!

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1022 on: October 21, 2014, 10:51:11 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
wow...Utah is into James Vanderbeak

« Reply #1023 on: October 21, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
wow...Utah is into James Vanderbeak

You must have missed the early draft Vanderbeaking between GC & the UF front office...

Mk
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:24:36 AM by mkogav »

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1024 on: October 21, 2014, 10:43:30 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Congrats on completing your first preseason as commissioner!

All n all, it was a mostly smooth and well managed off season.

Don't know --- even with JVDB's goading -- that I'd call it "mostly smooth" but we survived. Like I said it'll be smoother sailing from here.

thanks to all -- esp. our King of the GIFs -- for your ubuntu-ness. Let's have a great season.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #1025 on: October 22, 2014, 07:48:05 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Well tomorrow we will know where some of the FA players will go lol..I got 3 players who I got my eye on and put a waiver claim on them..I hoping to get one of them
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1026 on: October 22, 2014, 07:59:23 PM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
Do you want ray allen
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic

« Reply #1027 on: October 23, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Well tomorrow we will know where some of the FA players will go lol..I got 3 players who I got my eye on and put a waiver claim on them..I hoping to get one of them

Congrats on landing Cope! I am a big fan of his from back to his breakout with the Knicks. I believe TWW is to. I was really bummed out last season when Vogel couldn't find any minutes for him. He may lead the Pacers in scoring this season... if Vogel let's him. On an upper end, I can see him averaging 15pts, 2.8 3PTs, 5rebs this season. Maybe 10ppg, 2 3PTs, and 3rebs as a low. Regardless, that's pretty good.

I had him #3 on my waiver list, behind Ennis & Hairston as I am looking down-the-road rather than for this season.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1028 on: October 23, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Do you want ray allen

Hey Dino, I am a little surprise that you didn't put in any waiver bids. Assuming that your are rebuilding, the PP for #1 swap as an example, there were some interesting young players available.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #1029 on: October 23, 2014, 10:17:30 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders

Congrats on landing Cope! I am a big fan of his from back to his breakout with the Knicks. I believe TWW is to. I was really bummed out last season when Vogel couldn't find any minutes for him. He may lead the Pacers in scoring this season... if Vogel let's him. On an upper end, I can see him averaging 15pts, 2.8 3PTs, 5rebs this season. Maybe 10ppg, 2 3PTs, and 3rebs as a low. Regardless, that's pretty good.

I had him #3 on my waiver list, behind Ennis & Hairston as I am looking down-the-road rather than for this season.

Mk
Thanks!! I was hoping he would fall to me lol..I think he will be good with PG3 out and Miles being to up and down. I had Copeland #1, moultrie #2, BB of the Nets #3

« Reply #1030 on: October 23, 2014, 10:43:38 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Mk
Thanks!! I was hoping he would fall to me lol..I think he will be good with PG3 out and Miles being to up and down. I had Copeland #1, moultrie #2, BB of the Nets #3

Copeland's a nice pickup - he was #2 on my list because he's probably a short-term contributor and I'm flush with SF/PFs, but I think he'll get a lot of 3s at a minimum this year.  Bogdanovich's combination of starting spot, youth, and position was too much to pass on though.

« Reply #1031 on: October 23, 2014, 10:52:34 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
I had Bogdanovich at #1 waiver but knew he probably wouldn't fall to me so I put Copeland at 1..

« Reply #1032 on: October 23, 2014, 11:01:54 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
BTW I also really like Hairston down the line.  Don't know what he'll do this year, though.

« Reply #1033 on: October 23, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I also had Copeland at #1
Bojan(gles) at #2
Ended with hollis Thompson who could be starting plus I needed a SF/PF.

« Reply #1034 on: October 23, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Just for discussion sake, here's a quick breakout of the first round of waiver pickups:

Drinkers: Arnett Moultrie - Shrew and a little surprising pickup by the champ. Moultrie been really good this preseason. There are plenty of minutes available in the Sixers front court. A little bit of an injury risk and may fall back in coach's dog house.

RR: Bojan Bogdanovic - A very nice pickup by the two time finalist. Bojan is the defacto starting SF for the Nets. He had a solid, but not great preseaon. He should get better as the year goes on. Alan Anderson, AK47, Jack, and maybe Karasev will push him for minutes.

CK: Solomon Hill - CK landed a young former first round pick for Andre Miller's caracas. Much like Bojan, Hill received a lot of preseason minutes, but was not great... maybe not solid in Hill's performance either, but he should get better as the season progresses.

Birdman: Chris Copeland - Cope can score like nobody's business. The only person who has been able to slow him down is Frank Vogel! He may lead the Pacers in scoring this season... if Vogel let's him. On an upper end, I can see him averaging 15pts, 2.8 3PTs, 5rebs this season. Maybe 10ppg, 2 3PTs, and 3rebs as a low. Regardless, that's pretty good.

TB: Kostas Papanikolaou - I had Kostas going to TB since his errant Papanikolaou picture posting in the draft thread. Initially, I wasn't a fan, but his preseason play opened my eyes. As an owner of Motiejunas & former owner of TJones, I don't quite fully trust anything with the Rockets outside of D12 & Harden though.

UF: James Ennis - Was it good timing or foreshadowing that after Ennis tore up the first few preseason games, he played only 3 minutes & then DNP'd? I am not sure. I am hoping that it was just fortunate timing for the UF franchise as he was my top choice. I have been following Ennis since he was drafted & went over season last season. Last Spring, I actually picked him up as FA in the Points League!

Eja: P.J. Hairston - I was more than a little shocked that P.J. was first dropped and then fell right into Eja's lap! Sure, he's a knuckled, but he has played pretty well so far. Unless he tried to go toe-to-toe with Lance, I think he's a real steal.

Kissing Cousins: Andre Roberson - Scott Brooks loves him some 0&D guys! Andre Roberson may start at SG/SF for OKC for the next 10 years and never average more than 6 points per game.

GC: Glen Rice Jr. - More fortunate timing? Rice's injury helped Rice slip all the way to the commish. He wasn't playing all that well before the ankle injury, but will get huge run with Beal & Webster out. 

Bad Dream Team - Chase Budinger is a rich man thanks to David Kahn. This is a typical sneaky TWW pickup. Not the sexiest name, but as one of the vets on the Wolves, he will produce.

Juggs: Ray McCallum - GC & I were sad when the Kings went out and signed Collinson & Session b/c Ray can ball with the best of them! The Juggs may be the most patience GM in the league... although YH did post "Mitroc is the 16th spot" for like, 7 seasons. ;)

Kwhit: Hollis Thompson - Did you know that Hollis shot 40% 3PTs as a rookie last season? He's the one rock on the disaster that is the Sixers. He's inline for a big season... well maybe like 12pts, 6rebs, 1.5 3ptr,- ish.

Whew!

So there u have it.

Mk
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:32:04 AM by mkogav »

DKC Knicks