Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 249463 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Giddyup!! Cutdown date = Oct. 17
« Reply #780 on: October 01, 2014, 03:51:31 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
It happens every year. People over value young talent, while undervaluing "old" talent.  I could understand someone assuming that Davis will outproduce Lebron over the next 7 years.  I am not saying it is a given, but someone could think that.  Not sure this is "even", but I don't think it is unfair.

Too true. But this league's only existed for six seasons. (Not that I need to point that out to you. Tip of the cap.)...

FWIW I have this as the start of our 8th year. Is that not right? (just asking b/c I'm counting the days till i can retire ;-)

That's an interesting answer. it's the Points league that's entering its eighth season. The original draft upon which both leagues are founded was held in the summer of 2007 by CelticDynasty5. CD5 was a temperamental visionary, and while I like to think he'd be pleased to know we are carrying on, he lacked the resolve to see his league through. He quit mid-draft over - what else? - lopsided trades. Lucky17, our patron saint of Celticsblog fantasy leagues, stepped in. While Roy took over CD5's team on the condition he receive two compensatory draft picks that I still begrudge him. (Both came right ahead of yours truly.) MKogav won that very first season of Points league. Tracy McGrady! Amare Stoudemire! Smush Parker!

Unfortunately my memory is hazy on which madman suggested the following summer that we create a second mirror H2H league using the same rosters managed by the same twenty forum members? I do more clearly remember that I carried home the gold trophy icon in that inaugural season. Did I thank Corey Maggette when I ran into him in Las Vegas? I did not. But I like to think he knew.

Memories!!!

The H2h league is entering it's 7th season as there have been 6 championship teams, WW, UF, Hobbs, WW, FWF, and the reigning champ BFM.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Cutdown date = Oct. 17
« Reply #781 on: October 01, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I want to give a special thanks to BigAlTheFuture for being super flexible upon his entry to the league. Please give him a TP!

I tip my cap in respect. It's not everyone that's willing to step in and take over a gutted team.

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Offseason
« Reply #782 on: October 01, 2014, 04:02:55 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Pierce was traded for a first round pick. If you have a vet that you're looking to trade, send me a PM. I'm looking to trade both of my picks.

Or you could take that vet to THE Walker Wiggle. Not to brag, but I finished 15th last season instead of 1st.

« Reply #783 on: October 01, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Which Player would you prefer:

Player A (36 year old SF): 28 minutes per game, 13.5 ppg, 4.6 rebounds, 2.4 assists, .45% fg shooting

Player B (24 year old SF): 25 minutes per game, 7.2 ppg, 6.2 rebounds, 1.4 assists, .47% fg shooting.

Player C (24 year old Center): 27 minutes per game (after being traded), 12 ppg, 7 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 49% fg shooting.

[Coincidentally, player B and player C are on my team and available]

« Reply #784 on: October 01, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Y'all see how many TPs Mr. The Walker Wiggle has right?!?!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #785 on: October 01, 2014, 05:15:06 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Don't know what you're talking about, GC.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #786 on: October 01, 2014, 05:17:01 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Don't know what you're talking about, GC.

See how i'm getting you TP's Wiggle?

For the less fortunate:

GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #787 on: October 01, 2014, 05:21:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I've been having a few discussions about Greg Monroe.  He's still just 24 and extremely durable for a big man, but is stuck in the frontcourt mess in Detroit for one more year. 

Even though it's a contract year, with Smith and Drummond around I'm not sure if he'll improve his numbers much this season - though they're already pretty good - but I'm very confident they'll go up substantially the year after.  Since I'm trying to win this thing this year, improving my team this season might be worth it.

« Reply #788 on: October 01, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Pierce was traded for a first round pick. If you have a vet that you're looking to trade, send me a PM. I'm looking to trade both of my picks.

Or you could take that vet to THE Walker Wiggle. Not to brag, but I finished 15th last season instead of 1st.

Nah, don't do that. I missed out on Pierce because I wasn't around on draft day. But I would've gadly given up my first round pick for him. Wiggle wouldn't have done that. If you want picks, send me a PM now  ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #789 on: October 01, 2014, 05:37:32 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Which Player would you prefer:

Player A (36 year old SF): 28 minutes per game, 13.5 ppg, 4.6 rebounds, 2.4 assists, .45% fg shooting

Player B (24 year old SF): 25 minutes per game, 7.2 ppg, 6.2 rebounds, 1.4 assists, .47% fg shooting.

Player C (24 year old Center): 27 minutes per game (after being traded), 12 ppg, 7 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 49% fg shooting.

[Coincidentally, player B and player C are on my team and available]

This is at the heart of every trade right? It's a fantastic question that I could write 2000 words on.  However, I am at a trade show and only on my iPhone, so it will have to wait... sigh.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #790 on: October 01, 2014, 07:46:49 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Norris Cole
Austin Rivers
Mitch McGary
Brandon Rush
Bruno Caboclo
Ed Davis
Kyle Anderson
Nick Johnson
Andrew Wiggins
Marcus Thornton
Nate Robinson
O.J. Mayo
Russ Smith
Aaron Gordon
Steven Adams
Dario Saric

Cutting

Lamar Odom
Shane Battier
Chirs Singleton
Tony Mitchell
Bernard James
Jason Terry
Quincy Pondexter
Jeffrey taylor
Greg Smith

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #791 on: October 01, 2014, 08:07:45 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Something tells me Odom and Jeff Taylor will be hotly contested waiver pickups...

« Reply #792 on: October 01, 2014, 08:16:05 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Something tells me Odom and Jeff Taylor will be hotly contested waiver pickups...
Like to see what NBA does to Taylor after he was arrested for domestic assault..After seeing what reaction the NFL got over Rice, Peterson, Hardy
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #793 on: October 01, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

I see your Odom and Taylor and raise you Mullens and Vesely.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #794 on: October 01, 2014, 11:16:05 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

I see your Odom and Taylor and raise you Mullens and Vesely.

Mk

Mullens at least has a shot at stepping on an NBA court this year...