Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 249196 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Giddyup!! Cutdown date = Oct. 17
« Reply #765 on: September 30, 2014, 10:48:20 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
All I have to say is, if anyone wants to offer me something like Durant and Westbrook or Rose and Noah for Drummond, I'm up for it.

Chris Paul is also available for twice what he's worth.

P.S. He was worth more than Anthony Davis last year.

But what will he be worth in 2024?  I need something to lighten up my wife's 40th birthday party.

Reply of the night.

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Cutdown date = Oct. 17
« Reply #766 on: October 01, 2014, 09:01:32 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Y'all may be looking for a new commissioner soon.... grrrrrrrr......

EDIT: sorry this comment ^ was NOT directed at anyone in the thread above. Just some potential fallout from this whole kerfuffle that I really don't feel like dealing with this morning.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:36:41 AM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #767 on: October 01, 2014, 09:22:49 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

« Reply #768 on: October 01, 2014, 10:09:09 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
Effective immediately: All GMs must read the league constitution (with it's added preamble and the 2 amendment we passed) and send me a PM stating that you have read it and that you agree to it.

Until you have done this you are blocked from any league activity (ie. trades, roster cutdown, etc.)

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #769 on: October 01, 2014, 10:23:42 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
anyone looking for some cheap veteran help, the following are available for a second rounder:

Kirk Hinrich
Richard Jefferson
Will Bynum
JJ Barea

« Reply #770 on: October 01, 2014, 10:57:33 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
Important announcement #2

A. Due to some apparent miscommunication (which I'd rather not discuss) during a hectic last 6 days, this trade has been nullified:

LB17 trades Lebron James, Rajon Rondo, 2014 #38 pick
Jayhovaone trades Anthony Davis

-----

B. As was announced during the draft, since he missed his #38 pick, Larrybird17 receives Josh Huestis via autopick.

-----

C. BigAlTheFuture's roster, therefore, is:

Anthony Davis
Trevor Ariza
Taj Gibson
Josh McRoberts
P.J. Tucker
Boris Diaw
Brian Roberts
Zaza Pachulia
Dante Cunningham
E'Twaun Moore
Tayshaun Prince
Tyler Hansbrough
Carlos Delfino
James Johnson
Xavier Henry
Matthew Dellavedova
Tyler Ennis

-----

I want to give a special thanks to BigAlTheFuture for being super flexible upon his entry to the league. Please give him a TP!

I have my fingers crossed that I can put all of this behind us and, ya know, actually get to work on *my* team now.  :-\

« Reply #771 on: October 01, 2014, 11:02:21 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Important announcement #2

A. Due to some apparent miscommunication (which I'd rather not discuss) during a hectic last 6 days, this trade has been nullified:

LB17 trades Lebron James, Rajon Rondo, 2014 #38 pick
Jayhovaone trades Anthony Davis

-----

B. As was announced during the draft, since he missed his #38 pick, Larrybird17 receives Josh Huestis via autopick.

-----

C. BigAlTheFuture's roster, therefore, is:

Anthony Davis
Trevor Ariza
Taj Gibson
Josh McRoberts
P.J. Tucker
Boris Diaw
Brian Roberts
Zaza Pachulia
Dante Cunningham
E'Twaun Moore
Tayshaun Prince
Tyler Hansbrough
Carlos Delfino
James Johnson
Xavier Henry
Matthew Dellavedova
Tyler Ennis

-----

I want to give a special thanks to BigAlTheFuture for being super flexible upon his entry to the league. Please give him a TP!

I have my fingers crossed that I can put all of this behind us and, ya know, actually get to work on *my* team now.  :-\

Great news, and TP for BigAlTheFuture!!

« Reply #772 on: October 01, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
It happens every year. People over value young talent, while undervaluing "old" talent.  I could understand someone assuming that Davis will outproduce Lebron over the next 7 years.  I am not saying it is a given, but someone could think that.  Not sure this is "even", but I don't think it is unfair.

Too true. But this league's only existed for six seasons. (Not that I need to point that out to you. Tip of the cap.)...

FWIW I have this as the start of our 8th year. Is that not right? (just asking b/c I'm counting the days till i can retire ;-)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Offseason
« Reply #773 on: October 01, 2014, 12:01:57 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Anthony Davis
Trevor Ariza
Taj Gibson
Josh McRoberts
P.J. Tucker
Boris Diaw
Brian Roberts
Zaza Pachulia
Dante Cunningham
E'Twaun Moore
Tayshaun Prince
Tyler Hansbrough
Carlos Delfino
James Johnson
Xavier Henry
Matthew Dellavedova
Tyler Ennis
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:22:35 PM by BigAlTheFuture »
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #774 on: October 01, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Pierce was traded for a first round pick. If you have a vet that you're looking to trade, send me a PM. I'm looking to trade both of my picks.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #775 on: October 01, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Just so everyone is crystal clear about the rules with submitting trades. (NONE OF THIS IS NEW, BTW -- this is exactly how Lucky17 did things.)

I must have confirmed trade particulars (players/picks) from both GMs... You can do this 1 of 2 ways in the offseason:

1. Both GMs can send separate PMs/Emails to me with the trade particulars. If they match up and each team in fact has those players/picks -- YOU WIN. TRADE ANNOUNCED!

--- OR ----

2. You can do what UTAH and MMSB did in their recent trade:

Utah sent MMSB and me the trade particulars, and MMSB "replied all" (which in the CB system quotes the PM you're replying all to if there's more than 1 recipient) and typed just "confirmed". (You can also do this in email -- but I have to be able to see that the other GM is on the quoted email string AND agrees to it.)

Utah Flash send: Tony Wroten, Archie Goodwin, and the UF 2015 #2
MMSB sends: Tristan Thompson, Jan "Brady" Vesley, and Glen Robinson III

Mk

CONFIRMED

-MMSB

This way I see all the players and see that the 2 GMs are agreeing simultaneously. If all the players/picks are owned by the GMs trading them... congrats YOU WIN. TRADE ANNOUNCED.

If Champkind sends in a trade saying "I'm sending Walker Wiggle a 3rd round pick and he sends me CP3" and I don't hear from WW --- it's Champkind's responsibility to get Wiggle to confirm the trade...

I'm not gonna PM Wiggle and say "Are you really sending a 3rd round pick (which doesn't even exist you dope) for CP3? Please confirm..." 

Not-gonna-happen. After a day or so i will let Champ know I don't have confirmation, and will go back to beating my head against the wall.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:06:49 PM by Gainesville Celtic »

« Reply #776 on: October 01, 2014, 01:27:06 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Look --- a non-crabby post from our erstwhile commish!!!  Bargains!!! Players from the eastern AND western conference!!!

Having missed out on some of the trade action so far whilst doing commissioner stuff, here's the guys i'm exploring moving:

Patrick Beverly
Marcus Morris
Khris Middleton
Thabo Sefolosha
Ray McCallum
CJ Miles
Gerald Green
Al Jefferson

Obvs. Big Al will not be cheap, but i'm willing to explore moving him to a team looking to make it over the top this year...

On the other end of the spectrum, Ray McCallum could be had for a 2015 2nd rounder...

« Reply #777 on: October 01, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Updated Utah Flash Trading Block:

Just Have To Ask
Byron Mullens
Jan Vesley Brady
Glen Robinson III

Listening With Half An Ear... Maybe
Kendall Marshall
Jeremy Lamb
Donatas Motiejunas
Tristan Thompson

Must REALLY Grab My Attention Somehow
Rodney Hood
Cody Zeller
UF 2015 #1

Doubt It
Tim Hardaway, Jr.
Victor Oladipo
Kemba Walker
Tobias Harris
Derrick Favors
Noah Vonleh
James Young
Jusuf Nurkic

Really Really Really Doubt It
Paul George

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #778 on: October 01, 2014, 03:34:49 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
It happens every year. People over value young talent, while undervaluing "old" talent.  I could understand someone assuming that Davis will outproduce Lebron over the next 7 years.  I am not saying it is a given, but someone could think that.  Not sure this is "even", but I don't think it is unfair.

Too true. But this league's only existed for six seasons. (Not that I need to point that out to you. Tip of the cap.)...

FWIW I have this as the start of our 8th year. Is that not right? (just asking b/c I'm counting the days till i can retire ;-)

That's an interesting answer. it's the Points league that's entering its eighth season. The original draft upon which both leagues are founded was held in the summer of 2007 by CelticDynasty5. CD5 was a temperamental visionary, and while I like to think he'd be pleased to know we are carrying on, he lacked the resolve to see his league through. He quit mid-draft over - what else? - lopsided trades. Lucky17, our patron saint of Celticsblog fantasy leagues, stepped in. While Roy took over CD5's team on the condition he receive two compensatory draft picks that I still begrudge him. (Both came right ahead of yours truly.) MKogav won that very first season of Points league. Tracy McGrady! Amare Stoudemire! Smush Parker!

Unfortunately my memory is hazy on which madman suggested the following summer that we create a second mirror H2H league using the same rosters managed by the same twenty forum members? I do more clearly remember that I carried home the gold trophy icon in that inaugural season. Did I thank Corey Maggette when I ran into him in Las Vegas? I did not. But I like to think he knew.

« Reply #779 on: October 01, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

That's an interesting answer. it's the Points league that's entering its eighth season. The original draft upon which both leagues are founded was held in the summer of 2007 by CelticDynasty5. CD5 was a temperamental visionary, and while I like to think he'd be pleased to know we are carrying on, he lacked the resolve to see his league through. He quit mid-draft over - what else? - lopsided trades. Lucky17, our patron saint of Celticsblog fantasy leagues, stepped in. While Roy took over CD5's team on the condition he receive two compensatory draft picks that I still begrudge him. (Both came right ahead of yours truly.) MKogav won that very first season of Points league. Tracy McGrady! Amare Stoudemire! Smush Parker!

My memory is only hazy on who the following summer suggested we create a second mirror H2H league using the same rosters managed by the same twenty forum members? I do more clearly remember that I carried home the gold trophy icon in that inaugural season. Did I thank Corey Maggette when I ran into him in Las Vegas? I did not. But I like to think he would've pleased.