Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 249419 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Giddyup!! Cutdown date = Oct. 17
« Reply #750 on: September 30, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
It happens every year. People over value young talent, while undervaluing "old" talent.  I could understand someone assuming that Davis will outproduce Lebron over the next 7 years.  I am not saying it is a given, but someone could think that.  Not sure this is "even", but I don't think it is unfair.

Too true. But this league's only existed for six seasons. (Not that I need to point that out to you. Tip of the cap.) I know EJA has been talking a lot about 2021, but I can't see that far ahead in my crystal ball. If I could I wouldn't have cut Marcus Thornton, or Tobias Harris, or Alec Burks...

« Reply #751 on: September 30, 2014, 07:40:09 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
All I have to say is, if anyone wants to offer me something like Durant and Westbrook or Rose and Noah for Drummond, I'm up for it.

Chris Paul is also available for twice what he's worth.

P.S. He was worth more than Anthony Davis last year.

« Reply #752 on: September 30, 2014, 07:47:09 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I do have reigning MVP  Kawhi Leonard for some nice young talent.

« Reply #753 on: September 30, 2014, 07:56:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
All I have to say is, if anyone wants to offer me something like Durant and Westbrook or Rose and Noah for Drummond, I'm up for it.

Chris Paul is also available for twice what he's worth.

P.S. He was worth more than Anthony Davis last year.

But what will he be worth in 2024?  I need something to lighten up my wife's 40th birthday party.

« Reply #754 on: September 30, 2014, 08:07:02 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Drummond is as young as Anthony Davis (21) and almost as productive and promising. Maybe he's not worth a Lebron + Rondo, but a Blake Griffin plus Westbrook, or Rose plus Noah, yeah, that sounds about right. I mean, the Anthony Davis deal set the market, right?

« Reply #755 on: September 30, 2014, 08:13:52 PM »

Offline BDubs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • Can a brother get some Tommy points!
My keepers/cuts are:

Juggernauts2:
Keepers:

Stephen Curry GS - PG,SG
Elfrid Payton Orl - PG
Avery Bradley Bos - PG,SG
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Det - SG
Danilo Gallinari Den - SF
Giannis Antetokounmpo Mil - SG,SF
Adreiane Payne - ATL - PF
Glen Davis LAC - PF,C
Joel Embiid Phi - C
Alex Len Pho - C
Dennis Schroder Atl - PG
Tony Snell Chi - SG,SF
Andrew Nicholson Orl - PF
Jason Smith NY - PF,C
Festus Ezeli GS - C
Perry Jones OKC - SF,PF

Cuts:

Drew Gooden Was - PF,C
Emeka Okafor Pho - C
Chase Budinger Min - SG,SF

Also willing to make deals.  Got some vets that can help for some of those people offering up their 1st round picks.  If you see something you like, hit me up.

« Reply #756 on: September 30, 2014, 08:17:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Jordan Clarkson is officially off the market, after reports that the Lakers expect him to have a bigger impact than Randle and may start him later in the season.  Gonna wait and see how this pans out.  Please, no more Jordan Clarkson offers.  Though he may be available for Drummond.

« Reply #757 on: September 30, 2014, 08:33:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I am proud to say that the Anthony Davis deal set the market. Also I am happy to see that you guys lump Marc Gasol in with Kevin Love and Teague and Lawson with Westbrook.

That said I am forced to put those three on the market now.

« Reply #758 on: September 30, 2014, 08:35:52 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Okay heres my final roster:

C--Roy Hibbert
C--DeAndre Jordan
C--Enes Katner
C--Chris Kaman
PF-Kenneth Faried
PF-JJ Hickson
PF-Derrick Williams
PF-Patrick Patterson
SF-Nick Young
SF-Corey Brewer
SF-Alan Anderson
SG-Ben McLemore
SG-Courtney Lee
PG-Damaian Lillard
PG-Isaiah Thomas
PG-Ramon Sessions

Cut:
Jerrod Bayless

C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #759 on: September 30, 2014, 08:51:09 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
everyone get ready for the steal of the draft...

Jordan Adams dropping weight

« Reply #760 on: September 30, 2014, 08:56:04 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
My keepers/cuts are:

Juggernauts2:
Keepers:

Stephen Curry GS - PG,SG
Elfrid Payton Orl - PG
Avery Bradley Bos - PG,SG
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Det - SG
Danilo Gallinari Den - SF
Giannis Antetokounmpo Mil - SG,SF
Adreiane Payne - ATL - PF
Glen Davis LAC - PF,C
Joel Embiid Phi - C
Alex Len Pho - C
Dennis Schroder Atl - PG
Tony Snell Chi - SG,SF
Andrew Nicholson Orl - PF
Jason Smith NY - PF,C
Festus Ezeli GS - C
Perry Jones OKC - SF,PF

Cuts:

Drew Gooden Was - PF,C
Emeka Okafor Pho - C
Chase Budinger Min - SG,SF

Also willing to make deals.  Got some vets that can help for some of those people offering up their 1st round picks.  If you see something you like, hit me up.

NOTE: So that there are no mix ups -- and to reduce the amount of hunting I have to do -- we're going to follow past practice which has been **if you post your cutdown roster, it is final until we upload to Yahoo! You may not make any further trades or add/drops**.

If you've already posted your cutdown roster and still wish to be active (,some of you may be getting a jump on things if, like me, you'll be traveling later) please edit your post and take down your "final" roster.

Thanks
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #761 on: September 30, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
3. After discussing the options with Eja, Eja/Jay's trade will stand -- with a slight revision. Given the choice, BATF swapped out Matthew Dellavedova for Jordan Farmar. The revised trade then is:

Revised BATF trade #1
----
Anthony Davis, Xavier Henry, James Johnson, Matthew Dellavedova, (pick that became Tyler Ennis), Eja's 2015 2nd rounder, Toines Boys 2015 2nd rounder

David Lee, Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Marc Gasol, BATF's 2015 first rounder
----

First, thanks GC, I couldn't have been fun or easy to handle this, but it should be clear to all by now that Lucky left the league in good stead. Among my own take aways, I wish the above trade hadn't been announced in advance of the draft or approved on an accelerated schedule. Though please don't anyone construe this as criticism, since this is obvious to me only now in retrospect. There was some pounding on the league constitution after the fact that has left a sour taste in my mouth. And I wonder if it might have spared us *some* amount - certainly not all - of this aggravation, or at least it would've let us hold the draft then consider the trade. Going ahead it may be best to observe a stricter timeline? Particularly given that making future 1sts available to trade ahead of the draft was a measure that failed to pass.

Totally agree.

I've mentioned before that a few of my actions thus far could be described as my "getting my sea legs" as commish. I'm hoping that things will be much smoother with some trial-by-fire experience under my belt. (I think I count 17 cliches in that sentence...)

4. Apparently LarryBird17 & Jay had made a deal on or around draft day. Since I believe LB17 negotiated this in good faith (even if there were serious issues with how it was submitted & confirmed -- which I've gone over with LB17), and since BATF signed off on it, I'm going to let it go through -- also with a minor revision:

Revised BATF trade #2
----
LB17 trades Lebron James, Rajon Rondo, 2014 #38 pick*
BATF trades Anthony Davis
----

On the topic of "not fun" what does everybody think of the surprise Trade #2 revelation? James and Rondo is another gross overpay on Anthony Davis, who won't outproduce Lebron alone, this season or next. I'm tempted to put this one to a vote, since I now have regrets that I didn't vote against the last deal to avoid stirring up trouble - and yet we had trouble anyway.

I think there are clearly two mind sets when it comes to votes/vetoes:

1. Vote/veto only in the case of collusion -- which is hard to prove IMO of course..

2. Vote/veto if one GM gets less (perceived) "value"

I'm pretty firmly in the first camp -- though there could be an instance (and I'll be very honest that I think the original Davis-for-four-ex-Lucky17ers was close) where the values are so lopsided that it threatens one team's future -- and/or league stability.  I don't relish though putting any "big" trade to a vote.

I think reasonable folks -- ie everyone here but Champkind <zing?> -- can differ on what a player is worth. I'd hope so or else we'd never have any trades  :-\ :)

So I worry that voting/vetoing seems too often about subjectively who we individually think "won" the trade (even though we won't know that for a few months). But I could be wrong.

RE: this specific trade. I think it's hard to say a trade involving arguably the #2 and #3 fantasy players as lopsided. Lebron and Davis are both REALLY good. A team built around either *could* win a fantasy title. Or not. It's about all the other moves too, IMO.

Just my 2cents.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #762 on: September 30, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
If people will only use the veto for collusion then the veto may as well not even exist.  I can't see that ever really happening.

It's also about not just winning or losing a trade,  that almost certainly happens in every trade.  But should be contemplated for very lopsided or team gutting trades that put a strain on the league and future GMs.

« Reply #763 on: September 30, 2014, 10:38:32 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Drummond is as young as Anthony Davis (21) and almost as productive and promising. Maybe he's not worth a Lebron + Rondo, but a Blake Griffin plus Westbrook, or Rose plus Noah, yeah, that sounds about right. I mean, the Anthony Davis deal set the market, right?

I think that's fair. By EJA's math, Drummond is worth 1.82 Blake Griffins or 2.34 Joakim Noahs.

« Reply #764 on: September 30, 2014, 10:44:41 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
If people will only use the veto for collusion then the veto may as well not even exist.  I can't see that ever really happening.

It's also about not just winning or losing a trade,  that almost certainly happens in every trade.  But should be contemplated for very lopsided or team gutting trades that put a strain on the league and future GMs.

I agree with this fully. I also worry that having allowed EJA's Davis trade, the bar has been dropped into the mud. What would a worse trade even look like? So, I apologize up front to Big Al and the rest of you, but I, myself, am not going to consider that deal in comparison to the James trade or future team gutting deals.