Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 249256 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Giddyup!! Cutdown date = Oct. 17
« Reply #735 on: September 30, 2014, 05:10:26 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Mr. Commish: Do u want us to post our rosters and players we cut on this page> Or PM u with our roster and cuts?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #736 on: September 30, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Mr. Commish: Do u want us to post our rosters and players we cut on this page> Or PM u with our roster and cuts?

You can do either.

In either case, for housekeeping purposes please post or send using something like this format:

GC's final roster:
-------
Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Player 4
Player 5
Player 6
Player 7
Player 8
Player 9
Player 10
Player 11
Player 12
Player 13
Player 14
Player 15
Player 16

GC cuts:
-------
Uwe Blab
Chuck Nevitt
Acie Earl
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #737 on: September 30, 2014, 05:35:33 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
NEW Trade Announcement #4
------------------------------------

MMSB trades Ryan Anderson, Kosta Koufos

Toine's Boys trade Harrison Barnes, Rodney Stuckey

I'm pretty down on both players TB sent packing and high on who he is getting.   I don't like seeing other potential playoff teams making moves like this,  as I think there are a lot of potential playoff teams this year compared to last.

I think you are underestimating what Stuckey brings to the table.  He was fire off the bench last season and he will see a lot of action this season in Indy.

Barnes hasn't been great so far but the talent is there.  There are already rumors that he looks really good and very well could be starting. 

Koufos won't see the floor much without an injury, IMO.

Anderson may very well be back to a 16+ppg and 3+ 3's a game but then again, he is clearly going to be less of a focal point of the offense and will see less floor time.  Beyond that, he is coming off any injury that could affect the rest of his ccareer.  I think it was a good time to cash in on him.  I got him for a song last year after the injury and now I've flipped him for more than what I gave to get him
Overall I am very happy with the return here. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #738 on: September 30, 2014, 05:38:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I would like to announce David Lee is officially on the block. Looking for a decent sg.

Spencer Hawes is also on the block. An interesting source of 3 pointers he is.

« Reply #739 on: September 30, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Both Byron Mullens and Jan Brady Vesely are available as a package for a 2015 first round pick.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #740 on: September 30, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
NEW Trade Announcement #4

MMSB trades Ryan Anderson, Kosta Koufos

Toine's Boys trade Harrison Barnes, Rodney Stuckey

I'm pretty down on both players TB sent packing and high on who he is getting.   I don't like seeing other potential playoff teams making moves like this,  as I think there are a lot of potential playoff teams this year compared to last.

I think you are underestimating what Stuckey brings to the table.  He was fire off the bench last season and he will see a lot of action this season in Indy.

Barnes hasn't been great so far but the talent is there.  There are already rumors that he looks really good and very well could be starting. 

Koufos won't see the floor much without an injury, IMO.

Anderson may very well be back to a 16+ppg and 3+ 3's a game but then again, he is clearly going to be less of a focal point of the offense and will see less floor time.  Beyond that, he is coming off any injury that could affect the rest of his ccareer.  I think it was a good time to cash in on him.  I got him for a song last year after the injury and now I've flipped him for more than what I gave to get him
Overall I am very happy with the return here.

Harrison is still young he could still improve but I think Stuckey will only be productive because Paul grudge is out,  after this year his value will drop significantly.

« Reply #741 on: September 30, 2014, 07:11:34 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
3. After discussing the options with Eja, Eja/Jay's trade will stand -- with a slight revision. Given the choice, BATF swapped out Matthew Dellavedova for Jordan Farmar. The revised trade then is:

Revised BATF trade #1
----
Anthony Davis, Xavier Henry, James Johnson, Matthew Dellavedova, (pick that became Tyler Ennis), Eja's 2015 2nd rounder, Toines Boys 2015 2nd rounder

David Lee, Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Marc Gasol, BATF's 2015 first rounder
----

First, thanks GC, I couldn't have been fun or easy to handle this, but it should be clear to all by now that Lucky left the league in good stead. Among my own take aways, I wish the above trade hadn't been announced in advance of the draft or approved on an accelerated schedule. Though please don't anyone construe this as criticism, since this is obvious to me only now in retrospect. There was some pounding on the league constitution after the fact that has left a sour taste in my mouth. And I wonder if it might have spared us *some* amount - certainly not all - of this aggravation, or at least it would've let us hold the draft then consider the trade. Going ahead it may be best to observe a stricter timeline? Particularly given that making future 1sts available to trade ahead of the draft was a measure that failed to pass.

4. Apparently LarryBird17 & Jay had made a deal on or around draft day. Since I believe LB17 negotiated this in good faith (even if there were serious issues with how it was submitted & confirmed -- which I've gone over with LB17), and since BATF signed off on it, I'm going to let it go through -- also with a minor revision:

Revised BATF trade #2
----
LB17 trades Lebron James, Rajon Rondo, 2014 #38 pick*
BATF trades Anthony Davis
----

On the topic of "not fun" what does everybody think of the surprise Trade #2 revelation? James and Rondo is another gross overpay on Anthony Davis, who won't outproduce Lebron alone, this season or next. I'm tempted to put this one to a vote, since I now have regrets that I didn't vote against the last deal to avoid stirring up trouble - and yet we had trouble anyway.

« Reply #742 on: September 30, 2014, 07:19:17 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Davis would have to put up Wilt-like numbers while staying injury-free to be worth what's being spent on him.

I feel bad about having Big Al stuck with these deals, but if he's ok with them I have no objection - it boils down to Davis transferring from one established owner to another.

« Reply #743 on: September 30, 2014, 07:20:13 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
3. After discussing the options with Eja, Eja/Jay's trade will stand -- with a slight revision. Given the choice, BATF swapped out Matthew Dellavedova for Jordan Farmar. The revised trade then is:

Revised BATF trade #1
----
Anthony Davis, Xavier Henry, James Johnson, Matthew Dellavedova, (pick that became Tyler Ennis), Eja's 2015 2nd rounder, Toines Boys 2015 2nd rounder

David Lee, Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Marc Gasol, BATF's 2015 first rounder
----

First, thanks GC, I couldn't have been fun or easy to handle this, but it should be clear to all by now that Lucky left the league in good stead. Among my own take aways, I wish the above trade hadn't been announced in advance of the draft or approved on an accelerated schedule. Though please don't anyone construe this as criticism, since this is obvious to me only now in retrospect. There was some pounding on the league constitution after the fact that has left a sour taste in my mouth. And I wonder if it might have spared us *some* amount - certainly not all - of this aggravation, or at least it would've let us hold the draft then consider the trade. Going ahead it may be best to observe a stricter timeline? Particularly given that making future 1sts available to trade ahead of the draft was a measure that failed to pass.

4. Apparently LarryBird17 & Jay had made a deal on or around draft day. Since I believe LB17 negotiated this in good faith (even if there were serious issues with how it was submitted & confirmed -- which I've gone over with LB17), and since BATF signed off on it, I'm going to let it go through -- also with a minor revision:

Revised BATF trade #2
----
LB17 trades Lebron James, Rajon Rondo, 2014 #38 pick*
BATF trades Anthony Davis
----

On the topic of "not fun" what does everybody think of the surprise Trade #2 revelation? James and Rondo is another gross overpay on Anthony Davis, who won't outproduce Lebron alone, this season or next. I'm tempted to put this one to a vote, since I now have regrets that I didn't vote against the last deal to avoid stirring up trouble - and yet we had trouble anyway.

It happens every year. People over value young talent, while undervaluing "old" talent.  I could understand someone assuming that Davis will outproduce Lebron over the next 7 years.  I am not saying it is a given, but someone could think that.  Not sure this is "even", but I don't think it is unfair.

« Reply #744 on: September 30, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm inclined to let this one go too if  the first trade was allowed to go.

But does that mean LB17 essentially paid Kevin Love,  Derrick Rose, and Rondo for Anthony Davis?

« Reply #745 on: September 30, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I have the guy getting Davis in that trade winning BIG. That's how I score it.

« Reply #746 on: September 30, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
NEW Trade Announcement #2

Kwhit trades 2015 #1 pick

Yall hate trades Lou williams and Marco Bellineli

After seeing Pierce net a #1,  I feel as though I lost this trade.  Badly.

You usually come with very fair trade offers, I was a little surprised you came this strong with your first offer.

But I don't know if Lou will produce what he usually dies on Toronto with all the slingers on that team.

Yea - I was disenchanted by the poor offers/reactions to offers I'd received for those guys, and was facing a roster crunch (of course, I have worse players on my team). Figured I'd get something for them now. 

They each have question marks, but if they play up to their best case scenario (Lou Will of a few years ago, Marco repeating last year) you will have gotten a steal. 

« Reply #747 on: September 30, 2014, 07:25:35 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
My roster needs no cutting, so I'll post it here:

edit bc not final
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:58:38 PM by yall hate »

« Reply #748 on: September 30, 2014, 07:32:21 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I'm inclined to let this one go too if  the first trade was allowed to go.

But does that mean LB17 essentially paid Kevin Love,  Derrick Rose, and Rondo for Anthony Davis?

Yes, it does.

Your line of thinking makes sense to me and, further, the final return on Davis actually makes the first trade almost palatable. Only I didn't actually believe that first deal was appropriate. Giving it a pass was a mistake.

« Reply #749 on: September 30, 2014, 07:39:27 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
All I have to say is, if anyone wants to offer me something like Durant and Westbrook or Rose and Noah for Drummond, I'm up for it.