Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 247811 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Draft this Thurs, Sep. 25 from 12-5 pm.
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
That's not Jgod's roster Wiggle, it's Jayhovaone's.

The deal is between Jayhovaone and Eja.

Thanks GC. Brain fart. Lucky's old team, right?

Yes. And does it make me a fuddy-duddy to say this line of posts worries me?  :-[

I'm off to get coffee. That'll make it better.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2014, 03:54:57 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Yes. And does it make me a fuddy-duddy to say this line of posts worries me?  :-[

It's all in good fun. It would only be an issue if one of the two GMs involved in the trade was a bit paranoid.  ;)

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2014, 04:03:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Anthony Davis
Anthony Bennett

for

Gasol
Teague
Lee
The Blueprint
Beyonce Butt Pic (tasteful)
2015 #1

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Vote on Const. Amendments at Yahoo! page
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2014, 04:06:33 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I'm in.

Eja sends:

- Anthony Davis
- Anthony Bennett
- Anthony "Tony" Bennett's

JH sends:

- Gasol
 - Ariza
 - Ty Lawson
 - McBoberst
 - 2015 #1

Mk

So EJA gets Hova's top 3 fantasy producers, a solid short-term starter in McRoberts and a high 2105 lottery pick for Davis and a flier on Anthony Bennett? That represents major improvement for EJA and Hova avoids giving up the farm. Nice work, MK. Ariza's coming of a career year, but he's an inconsistent player year-to-year who I'd rank behind David Lee and Jeff Teague in value. I think you're close.

« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2014, 04:10:55 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
I know MK ;-)

Might change my team name to The Fuddy Duddies tho.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

Anthony Davis
Anthony Bennett

for

Gasol
Teague
Lee
The Blueprint
Beyonce Butt Pic (tasteful)
2015 #1

So, we think Anthony Bennett is on the move? If you two are right that's a major x factor. FWF is closer to my own thinking, although if I'm Hova I'd try hard to avoid giving up my 2015 1st.

Is Gasol, Lee, Teague, Gibson and a 2015 2nd for Davis and a 2015 1st enough? Or no? You could substitute McRoberts or Tucker for Taj, both outproduced him last season, but I think he's the player you want long term. He's worth more than a 2015 mid-1st, but a lot less than a top 3 lottery pick.

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Vote on Const. Amendments at Yahoo! page
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2014, 04:13:07 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
So when do we get to hear about this blockbuster trade that almost wasn't?  I need to get my next wave of memes lined up.

Who wants to play Guess That Deal?

If memory serves, the last two times that we saw a top player traded:

Lebron James for Kevin Love and Derrick Rose. Generally considered a haul. The younger Love actually outproduced Lebron last season and BFD managed to flip a high risk Rose for a top vet SG, Dwyane Wade.

Chris Paul for Serge Ibaka, Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Landry Fields, and a future 1st round pick. Widely considered a bargain. This one involved yours truly, and I'd point out that in retrospect most of the league undervalued Serge Ibaka - last season Y!'s fourth best big man.

Haha there's my man WW, still trying to help me save face ~4 years later.  You and Roy really gave me the newcomer's welcome with those initial deals i made with you two.  Wouldn't be the fantasy GM i am today without them.  The rebuild is finally coming to fruition tho.  No real life GM would ever have been given the amount of time that i've had to see it thru!

Also folks, the #9 pick is still up for tradsies if someone wants to offer me a really awesome player for it.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2014, 04:13:30 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

It's all in good fun. It would only be an issue if one of the two GMs involved in the trade was a bit paranoid.  ;)

Mk

My only vice. Just don't give EJA any of that coffee. He's tense enough already.

« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2014, 04:14:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Actually I think I need the Chronic 2001 to replace the one I lost. The only one in my entire library consortium was stolen.

You all know me. Still the same old E.
Hated on by G's with no deals, no cheese, no snowmobiles, and no skis.

This championship? Add it to the plaques. After that you can have it back. There ain't gonna be nothin after that. 

Nowadays everybody wants to talk like they got somethin to say but nothin comes out when they move their lips, just a buncha jibberish and you mofos act like you forgot about eja.

Think I'm gonna let my toe freeze? Oh please. You better get down on both knees. And when your team weren't doing so good who's the GM they told you to go see?

I would blast that right now if my 7 year old wasn't having a play date.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:40:09 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
So when do we get to hear about this blockbuster trade that almost wasn't?  I need to get my next wave of memes lined up.

Who wants to play Guess That Deal?

If memory serves, the last two times that we saw a top player traded:

Lebron James for Kevin Love and Derrick Rose. Generally considered a haul. The younger Love actually outproduced Lebron last season and BFD managed to flip a high risk Rose for a top vet SG, Dwyane Wade.

Chris Paul for Serge Ibaka, Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Landry Fields, and a future 1st round pick. Widely considered a bargain. This one involved yours truly, and I'd point out that in retrospect most of the league undervalued Serge Ibaka - last season Y!'s fourth best big man.

Haha there's my man WW, still trying to help me save face ~4 years later.  You and Roy really gave me the newcomer's welcome with those initial deals i made with you two.  Wouldn't be the fantasy GM i am today without them.  The rebuild is finally coming to fruition tho.  No real life GM would ever have been given the amount of time that i've had to see it thru!

Also folks, the #9 pick is still up for tradsies if someone wants to offer me a really awesome player for it.

No face-saving involved. That's my honest reaction. I *still* miss Ibaka most weeks: A blocks leading big man who shoots well from the field and the line? I don't think you can be knocked too hard. Fields production fell off a cliff, but that was hard to foresee. You're biggest mistake was cutting Omer Asik to make room for the new guys. I wish you'd offered him to me.

Obviously I have no real regrets on my side, unlike with my injured Aldridge for Gerald Wallace and Eddie House trade or that time I traded McGee and a late 1st for Iverson's three month comeback. But four years on, I still haven't made up for the loss of depth from pulling a 5 for 1 deal.

« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2014, 05:26:33 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
No face-saving involved. That's my honest reaction. I *still* miss Ibaka most weeks: A blocks leading big man who shoots well from the field and the line? I don't think you can be knocked too hard. Fields production fell off a cliff, but that was hard to foresee. You're biggest mistake was cutting Omer Asik to make room for the new guys. I wish you'd offered him to me.

Obviously I have no real regrets on my side, unlike with my injured Aldridge for Gerald Wallace and Eddie House trade or that time I traded McGee and a late 1st for Iverson's three month comeback. But four years on, I still haven't made up for the loss of depth from pulling a 5 for 1 deal.

that other one was the points league:

Draft Dodgers trade Serge Ibaka, DD #1 pick (#15)
Ubuntu Y'all trade Allen Iverson, 2nd Round pick (#31)

As good as that deal was I messed it up later:

Ibaka for #4 pick (Lillard) and #22 pick (Marquis Teague.. with Fab Melo still on teh board.), then dealt Lillard for Mike Conley and #9 pick (K. Caldwell Pope... with MCW, Olynyk and Giannis still on the board) and flipped KCP for #17 this year.

#15 pick -- dealt with some other trash for the #9 pick where I took Paul George. Then dealt Paul George + Steph Curry for CP3; then dealt CP3 for 70 pennies and a quarter (Joe Johnson, Dorelly Wright Ryan Anderson, #1 pick). To save me from committing Hari Kari the #1 was the main part of a deal for Jrue Holiday and Cousins.

So basically Iverson --> Ibaka and a #1 --> Conley, Holiday, Cousins, #17 pick (oh and I gave away Big Al along the way too :(  )

« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2014, 12:59:10 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Andray Blatche is on the block. He might be a knucklehead but fantasy basketball doesn't care about that. His numbers last year:

MPG: 22.2, PTS: 11.2, REB: 5.3, AST: 1.3, STL:1.0, BLK: 0.5, FG%: 47.6, FT%: 74.2, 3PT%: 27.8

And he is only 27 years old.

My 2015 draft picks are available as well.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2014, 10:06:33 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
Gainesville Celtics trade block blech

#8 pick -- might be moved on draft day if ____'s guy falls. If not I'm open to moving up, down or out.

Pat Beverly -- had a surprising amount of interest in HOU's starting PG, so if you'd like to take a shot at him, do it!

Glut of SF/SG -- Gerald Green, Danny Green, Al Green, Iman Shumpert, CJ Miles, Khris Middleton -- I think i'm gonna have a hard time finding time for all these chumps, so make me an offer?

Big Al Jefferson (again) -- I shopped Big Al hard last summer and got blank stares or "he's gonna be bad in CHA". Big Al, his arsenal of post moves and his #15 overall rank shake their collective head at ya.... I'm open to moving Big Al at the right price (which is not, say, Gorgui Deng, Steve Blake and your 2nd rounder next year  ;) )

« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2014, 10:07:59 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
Andray Blatche is on the block. He might be a knucklehead but fantasy basketball doesn't care about that. His numbers last year:

MPG: 22.2, PTS: 11.2, REB: 5.3, AST: 1.3, STL:1.0, BLK: 0.5, FG%: 47.6, FT%: 74.2, 3PT%: 27.8

AWESOME!!! Do we get a replica copy of his Xinjiang Flying Tigers jersey?!?  8)

« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2014, 10:20:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

AWESOME!!! Do we get a replica copy of his Xinjiang Flying Tigers jersey?!?  8)

Yeah, I normally hate throwing shade on another owner selling his guys, but fantasy ball cares an awful lot about whether a guy's in the NBA or not.  He could come back though!

Pat Beverly -- had a surprising amount of interest in HOU's starting PG, so if you'd like to take a shot at him, do it!

I had a feeling I might regret trading ol' P-Bev, but I really thought Houston was gonna go all out for a high-level PG this offseason once they whiffed on Bron and Melo.  Oh well, at least he was a waiver wire pickup  :(