Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 248373 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Vote on Const. Amendments at Yahoo! page
« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2014, 11:41:31 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Vote on Const. Amendments at Yahoo! page
« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2014, 11:45:58 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
So when do we get to hear about this blockbuster trade that almost wasn't?  I need to get my next wave of memes lined up.

There are 3 trades that involve 2015 picks.

The constitution says those can only be dealt on draft day. (And an amendment to allow them to be traded earlier next year failed to get the 11 votes needed).

Given the large nature of one of them I'm going to allow them to be annouced a day early (prob. tuesday night).
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »

• Rajon Rondo
So when do we get to hear about this blockbuster trade that almost wasn't?  I need to get my next wave of memes lined up.
I'd like to request some game of thrones memes. A couple James Bonds. A few Muppets. Possibly a Sesame Street.

I know that this is all in good fun -- and I applaud it.

But, if a veto is discussed I want all folks to (a) remember that past veto discussions have nearly destroyed this league and (b) act accordingly.

Any escalation, name-calling, insulting of people's character, or beating of dead horses will be instructed to stop immediately. If you can't stop you may be asked to leave.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2014, 11:51:05 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Probably a good note, but just to be clear I've never vetoed a trade in this league and don't expect to start now.  It's just jokes.

The constitution says those can only be dealt on draft day. (And an amendment to allow them to be traded earlier next year failed to get the 11 votes needed).

Given the large nature of one of them I'm going to allow them to be annouced a day early (prob. tuesday night).

Oh, I thought when you said you'd be applying the same schedule listed in the moratorium amendment that it included 2015 picks.  My mistake.  I'll have to stay in suspense a while longer I guess.

« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Perhaps in the future if a GM doesn't respond a response to both with "Do you confirm" could avoid the issue.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to do that.

If two of our GMs can't get me a confirmation message then either (a) one of them wasn't too into it, or (b) one of them isn't committed enough to be in this kind of league.

I honestly don't have the time or interest in chasing down GMs to make trades. I've got a full time job, a 2-year-old, a wife, a shift at the local radio station, a couple upcoming speaking gigs, and oh yeah? am a GM trying to make moves and trying to win this league too.

You've done all the things right as far as I can tell Eja. Sorry you're in this situation.
Come on man don't do that I have two children a full time job oh and I'm managing this team to win don't try to make your life more difficult than the next person oh and I am a nurse at a boston hospital.  So please don't do that.  I thought my pm to you pretty much said that the deal was done.  But I sent another I am committed to the league so please don't do that. We are All men here. Everyone is just trying to have fun in a fantasy basketball leagUe.

True that Jay. TP for you.

FWIW I was just trying to nip in the bud Eja's suggestion, not make my life out to be harder than anyone elses (and god help you with two kids  ;) if they're anything like my one whirling dervish). I wanted to be clear about the limits of what I'm going to do as commish.

I think it's safe to say that part of the reason that Lucky moved on was dealing with stuff like this trade -- so I'm trying to be direct and head things off early. I'm gonna chalk it all up to you being new to the league & probably busy, Eja getting nervous about the trade falling apart and me being the new commish.
We are all good I understand how difficult this is Not trying to make it anymore difficult for you.  Lets have a great year.

« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2014, 12:08:55 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Probably a good note, but just to be clear I've never vetoed a trade in this league and don't expect to start now.  It's just jokes.

I know it is FWF, just your paranoid newbie-commish trying to avoid a kerfuffle in his 1st go-round  ;D

Oh, I thought when you said you'd be applying the same schedule listed in the moratorium amendment that it included 2015 picks.  My mistake.  I'll have to stay in suspense a while longer I guess.

No i meant that since the moratorium on ALL moves is undefined in the const. and therefore up to the commish, (and past practice has been that Lucky made it around his work schedule) i was letting folks know that next year -- barring a const. amendment -- it will be June 1 to Sept. 1

« Reply #231 on: September 22, 2014, 12:11:39 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
As I head to lunch this is as good a time to remind folks:

Draft is Thursday, Sep. 25 from noon to 5 pm. Two reminders:

-- If you're gonna miss the draft you can send me (or another GM after notifying me) a list to pick from
-- If you don't and you miss your pick you will be assigned the highest NBA draftee left on the board.

The league rookie draft will be held on Thursday, Sep. 25. ( from 12 noon to 5 pm E.S.T.) Just some reminders about how the draft works:

II. Rookie Draft
12. The rookie draft will be held in mid-September on the CelticsBlog.com forums. Any GM unable to participate can send the commissioner or a proxy an ordered list of picks to choose from.

13. Teams have 10 minutes to make 1st round picks; 5 minutes to make 2nd round picks.

14. The time listed next to each pick in the draft thread's original post is the time the pick is due. Any GM who fails to post a selection by the deadline and who has not sent the commissioner a sufficient list of preferences will be assigned the highest remaining ranked draft pick based on the results of the actual NBA draft from earlier that summer.

15. Future draft picks may be traded on draft day, but no further than one year into the future. This is also true for trades made after the draft or during the regular season.

16. The period from the Rookie Draft to the League Cut Down Date, usually roughly two weeks before the start of the regular season, is the only time that teams may carry more than 16 players.

Final 2014 Draft Order (Draft will be Thursday, Sep. 25)

1. Kwhit10                                                 
2. Webskins
3. Juggernauts
4. MMSB
5. LarryBird 17
6. Juggernauts
7. Utah (via Bad Dream Team-4)
8. Gainesville Celtics
9. Rubio&Friends
10. Eja
11. Eja
12. Webskins
13. MMSB
14. Juggernauts
15. Webskins
16. Utah (via Birdman-3)
17. 50Shades of Aaron Gray
18. Utah Flash
19. Webskins
20. Utah (via Kwhit-5)
21. eja (via Webskins-2)
22. MMSB
23. Ya'll Hate
24. Webskins
25. Rusted Rims
26. Ya'll Hate
27. Gainesville Celtics
28. Rubio&Friends
29. Kwhit10
30. Webskins (via Eja-2)
31. Webskins (via Eja-2)
32. MMSB
33. Gainesville Celtics
34. TTTF
35. Eja
36. MMSB
37. COYS
38. LarryBird 17
39. Draft Dodgers
40. Gainesville Celtics

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 12:16:58 PM by Gainesville Celtic »

« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2014, 12:15:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I am definitely a paranoid GM

« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2014, 02:10:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know it is FWF, just your paranoid newbie-commish trying to avoid a kerfuffle in his 1st go-round  ;D

No i meant that since the moratorium on ALL moves is undefined in the const. and therefore up to the commish, (and past practice has been that Lucky made it around his work schedule) i was letting folks know that next year -- barring a const. amendment -- it will be June 1 to Sept. 1

I think the wording on this confused a number of people into thinking a yes vote would be voting for a moratorium rather that  for allowing earlier trading of first rounders. I think it's worth re-voting on a clarified version of it.

« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

Who wants to play Guess That Deal?

If memory serves, the last two times that we saw a top player traded:

Lebron James for Kevin Love and Derrick Rose. Generally considered a haul. The younger Love actually outproduced Lebron last season and BFD managed to flip a high risk Rose for a top vet SG, Dwyane Wade.

Chris Paul for Serge Ibaka, Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Landry Fields, and a future 1st round pick. Widely considered a bargain. This one involved yours truly, and I'd point out that in retrospect most of the league undervalued Serge Ibaka - last season Y!'s fourth best big man.

So, what does Goldilocks accept for Anthony Davis? Only 21 and already a top 2-5 fantasy player. If he has a question mark, it's that he hasn't yet played in 70 games in a season.

Here's the front of JayHova's roster listed by 13-14 Y! final ranking:

Trevor Ariza
Ty Lawson
Marc Gasol
David Lee
Josh McRoberts
Jeff Teague
P.J. Tucker
Taj Gibson
Boris Diaw

Now we know the deal involves a 2015 1st. I'm assuming it's Hova's, but I'm hoping he didn't also gut his roster in the process, since I've never liked deals that involve trading away a top 3 1st rounder as part of ground-up rebuild.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:56:07 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Draft this Thurs, Sep. 25 from 12-5 pm.
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
That's not Jgod's roster Wiggle, it's Jayhovaone's.

The deal is between Jayhovaone and Eja.

« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2014, 02:52:18 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think the wording on this confused a number of people into thinking a yes vote would be voting for a moratorium rather that  for allowing earlier trading of first rounders. I think it's worth re-voting on a clarified version of it.

Could be --- unfortunately Yahoo's poll system is a little wonkier than i'd have liked.

I'm generally not in favor of revoting on something too quickly, so I think what I'd suggest is doing waht eja suggested and holding another round of votes right after the season while things are fresh in people's minds (the timing this year was b/c I was taking over for Lucky)

« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2014, 02:55:43 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
That's not Jgod's roster Wiggle, it's Jayhovaone's.

The deal is between Jayhovaone and Eja.

Thanks GC. Brain fart. Lucky's old team, right?

« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
What about my roster?

« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2014, 03:26:55 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Who wants to play Guess That Deal?

If memory serves, the last two times that we saw a top player traded:

Lebron James for Kevin Love and Derrick Rose. Generally considered a haul. The younger Love actually outproduced Lebron last season and BFD managed to flip a high risk Rose for a top vet SG, Dwyane Wade.

Chris Paul for Serge Ibaka, Gerald Henderson, Josh McRoberts, Landry Fields, and a future 1st round pick. Widely considered a bargain. This one involved yours truly, and I'd point out that in retrospect most of the league undervalued Serge Ibaka - last season Y!'s fourth best big man.

So, what does Goldilocks accept for Anthony Davis? Only 21 and already a top 2-5 fantasy player. If he has a question mark, it's that he hasn't yet played in 70 games in a season.

Here's the front of JayHova's roster listed by 13-14 Y! final ranking:

Trevor Ariza
Ty Lawson
Marc Gasol
David Lee
Josh McRoberts
Jeff Teague
P.J. Tucker
Taj Gibson
Boris Diaw

Now we know the deal involves a 2015 1st. I'm assuming it's Hova's, but I'm hoping he didn't also gut his roster in the process, since I've never liked deals that involve trading away a top 3 1st rounder as part of ground-up rebuild.

I'm in.

Eja sends:

- Anthony Davis
- Anthony Bennett
- Anthony "Tony" Bennett's

JH sends:

- Gasol
 - Ariza
 - Ty Lawson
 - McBoberst
 - 2015 #1

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks