Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 248322 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Vote on Const. Amendments at Yahoo! page
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2014, 07:29:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I want to be clear I'm not making wild allegations. I just want this sorted out.

Not that I don't enjoy the requisite fantasy league drama, but gentlemen, it would really be better to handle these sorts of issues through PM/email rather than a public airing of grievances. I'm sure GC will sort it out.

I tried Underdog!

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Vote on Const. Amendments at Yahoo! page
« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2014, 07:43:11 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I want to be clear I'm not making wild allegations. I just want this sorted out.

Not that I don't enjoy the requisite fantasy league drama, but gentlemen, it would really be better to handle these sorts of issues through PM/email rather than a public airing of grievances. I'm sure GC will sort it out.

I tried Underdog!

Good luck to everybody convincing passers by that you're "checking fantasy basketball" now.

« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2014, 10:14:42 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Leave it to the man posting pictures of men in neon orange Denver Nuggets underwear to be the voice of reason.  8)

Well said (and well played) sir.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2014, 10:23:02 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
So as FYI I have been informed by GC that jay never confirmed the deal he approached me about and agreed to, and for many days now he has maintained radio silence with me regarding the issue. This should be a way done deal by now, but it's not, so I have to assume something has gone wrong one way or another for whatever reason.

As such Anthony Davis and my other pieces are back on the market. I am committed to the deal if he is, but with the draft coming up contingency plans have to start happening.

Surprisingly enough jay told me he did confirm this trade, so I'm not sure where the mix up is or why there is no response, or why there is a change in status here. Never had this happen to me before.

I will PM both of you about this but in the interest of clarity for the rest of the league I'd like to remind folks about 3 parts of our constitution:

15. Future draft picks may be traded on draft day, but no further than one year into the future. This is also true for trades made after the draft or during the regular season.

<snip>

IV. Trades and Vetoes

23. Trades must be confirmed via PM or email by both parties to Gainesville Celtic, both during the offseason (when Yahoo! league pages are unavailable) and during the season. This is especially important when draft picks are involved; a running log of all trades will help track ownership of draft picks.

24. Trades may not include draft picks that are more than one full year/season into the future.

As it has always been -- in this league, the points league, Celticsblog drafts, etc -- confirmation from each GM must include, in some format, the full list of players/picks being moved. During the season obviously this is done within the Yahoo! system but in the offseason GMs need to either send independent confirmation PMs/emails or quote a PM with the list of players.

This is for everyone's benefit. It avoids one GM changing or misinterpreting the terms of a deal -- that we'd then have to go back and undo.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2014, 06:35:06 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I apologize for confusion GC. I sent several PMs to jay before putting Davis back on the market.

Perhaps in the future if a GM doesn't respond a response to both with "Do you confirm" could avoid the issue.

« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2014, 08:54:56 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I apologize for confusion GC. I sent several PMs to jay before putting Davis back on the market.

Perhaps in the future if a GM doesn't respond a response to both with "Do you confirm" could avoid the issue.

Davis was traded?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2014, 11:00:43 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Davis was traded?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Mk

Worst kept secret in the thread my friend.  Unlike the best-kept secret (til now), which is that JJ Barea is OFF THE MARKET!!   So everyone stop filling up my inbox with offers.

« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2014, 02:35:55 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

I'm sorry but I'm not going to do that.

If two of our GMs can't get me a confirmation message then either (a) one of them wasn't too into it, or (b) one of them isn't committed enough to be in this kind of league.

I honestly don't have the time or interest in chasing down GMs to make trades. I've got a full time job, a 2-year-old, a wife, a shift at the local radio station, a couple upcoming speaking gigs, and oh yeah? am a GM trying to make moves and trying to win this league too.

You've done all the things right as far as I can tell Eja. Sorry you're in this situation.

« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
So what happens if all 20 GM's don't vote? Do we just wait until we do or  take majority of those who did vote,  or the amendment needs 11 votes regardless?   

« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
So what happens if all 20 GM's don't vote? Do we just wait until we do or  take majority of those who did vote,  or the amendment needs 11 votes regardless?   

As it stands now, yes, an amendment needs 11 votes.

It looks like (last i checked) that on at least 2 of the amendments 15 GMs had cast a vote. Still bummed 5 GMs couldn't take the time, but what can you do. I don't want to hear any belly aching from you 5 next year  ;D (i have no idea who the 5 are).

---------------

I haven't really thought it through enough, but I wonder if we couldn't have an amendment for the future the likes of we need a quorum of 14 votes (2/3 of the league) and you need a majority + 1 vote of the total votes, so:

14 votes -- 9 yes votes to pass
15 votes -- 9 yes votes to pass
16 votes -- 10 yes votes to pass
17 votes -- 10 yes votes to pass
18 votes -- 11 yes votes to pass
19 votes -- 11 yes votes to pass
20 votes -- 12 yes votes to pass

« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

It looks like (last i checked) that on at least 2 of the amendments 15 GMs had cast a vote. Still bummed 5 GMs couldn't take the time, but what can you do. I don't want to hear any belly aching from you 5 next year  ;D (i have no idea who the 5 are).

---------------

I haven't really thought it through enough, but I wonder if we couldn't have an amendment for the future the likes of we need a quorum of 14 votes (2/3 of the league) and you need a majority + 1 vote of the total votes, so:

I would support this, as we rarely if ever approach 20 votes on any measure. Same issue in the PTS league as well, which is why its rare for amendments to pass, and why the lower number of votes required for a trade veto is highly appropriate. We are lucky if we get 10-12 votes total on anything during a 2 day period of the regular season.

« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2014, 06:02:06 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

---------------

I would support this, as we rarely if ever approach 20 votes on any measure. Same issue in the PTS league as well, which is why its rare for amendments to pass, and why the lower number of votes required for a trade veto

is highly appropriate. We are lucky if we get 10-12 votes total on anything during a 2 day period of the regular season.

3d

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2014, 06:28:45 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
It's also worth pointing out that while philosophically there may be a meaningful distinction between a vote against and an abstention, practically there's little difference under the current arrangement.

« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2014, 10:58:53 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I'm sorry but I'm not going to do that.

If two of our GMs can't get me a confirmation message then either (a) one of them wasn't too into it, or (b) one of them isn't committed enough to be in this kind of league.

I honestly don't have the time or interest in chasing down GMs to make trades. I've got a full time job, a 2-year-old, a wife, a shift at the local radio station, a couple upcoming speaking gigs, and oh yeah? am a GM trying to make moves and trying to win this league too.

You've done all the things right as far as I can tell Eja. Sorry you're in this situation.
I see what you're saying. I didn't worry about the public aspect of the situation because I figured we were going to get to Monday and then it would be public one way or the other that something hadn't gone right.

So jay...as it stands Anthony Davis is back on the market till you confirm the trade. Or you could send the deal to both me and the GM and then I could confirm it. 

« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2014, 11:18:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

---------------

I would support this, as we rarely if ever approach 20 votes on any measure. Same issue in the PTS league as well, which is why its rare for amendments to pass, and why the lower number of votes required for a trade veto

is highly appropriate. We are lucky if we get 10-12 votes total on anything during a 2 day period of the regular season.

3d

Mk
4th