Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 248358 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Const. Conv. now, Draft wk of Sep22
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2014, 10:46:55 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
If others are looking for picks,  I have #20 and  #29 available.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:05:17 AM by Kwhit10 »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
With his 3rd trade, the Utah Flash coming out strong this year looking to dethrone 3-time-defending "Most Moves" champ, The Walker Wiggle

Trade Announcement
------------------------
BadDreamTeam (The Walker Wiggle) trades 2014 pick #7

Utah Flash trade Lance Stephenson

Pick #9 is available for a deal like that.

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2014, 11:02:43 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

If you have to ask, you’ll never know. If you know, you need only ask.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2014, 11:55:44 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
For the sake of seeing what is out there; I am willing to move:

Tony Wroten: 13pts, 3.2rbs, 3asts per game

Wroten is only 21 y/o and given Phili's uhm... extended stay on the Tankapaloza Bandwagon, should get extended minutes this season and improve on those numbers.

Mirza Teletovic: 8.6pts, 3.7rbs, and 1.93s per game.

Mirza is a binkie of mine, so come strong. With PP moving on to Washington, Blatch to... well... who knows, and the likelihood of KG fossilizing by the All Star break, Mirza "The Bosnian Ryan Anderson" Teletovic is in-line for a big season for the Nets. He averages 3 3pts per game when starting.

Both are available individually or as a package... for...

Wait for it...

2014 first round draft picks!

Act now! Don't wait! My next cup of coffee may snap me back to my senses.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2014, 02:21:01 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
With his 3rd trade, the Utah Flash coming out strong this year looking to dethrone 3-time-defending "Most Moves" champ, The Walker Wiggle

Trade Announcement
------------------------
BadDreamTeam (The Walker Wiggle) trades 2014 pick #7

Utah Flash trade Lance Stephenson

Pick #9 is available for a deal like that.

I've already offered #8 up to another team so before you *settle* for Jgods' lousy #9 pick, check with the Gainesville Celtics first  8)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Trade Annoucement
--------------------------
Kwhit trades 2014 pick #20
Utah Flash trades Mirza Teletovic

Utah may have all 20 #1 picks by Monday at this rate....

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2014, 09:58:52 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Want to make some moves here...need guards.  Feel free to offer for anything on my roster except for the #4 pick. 

Would like to package a couple picks and a player or two for a single player or pick. 

Bismack Biyombo
Jan Vesely
Kosta Koufos
Kyle Singler
Maurice Harkless
Meyers Leonard
Omer Asik
Otto Porter
Phil Pressey
Ryan Anderson
Ryan Kelly
Shabazz Muhammad
Shane Larkin
Tristan Thompson
Tyler Zeller
Tyreke Evans

Pick #4
Pick #13
Pick #22
Pick #32
Pick #36
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2014, 10:45:35 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Not to complain or cry but I just want to point out since I had both picks 9 and 10 I had not one but TWO picks moved down a slot. (I think there's one other guy that can say that).

Add to that my being added to the league as the draft was happening last year...yeah...um....off seasons haven't really been the kindest to me in this league.

Timing man....it really matters. I've been hawking the 9 and 10 picks for weeks. Good thing I kept em I guess
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:24:55 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2014, 02:07:32 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Not to complain or cry but I just want to point out since I had both picks 9 and 10 I had not one but TWO picks moved down a slot. (I think there's one other guy that said that).

Add to that my being added to the league as the draft was happening last year...yeah...um....off seasons haven't really been the kindest to me in this league.

Timing man....it really matters. I've been hawking the 9 and 10 picks for weeks. Good thing I kept em I guess

It does, and I like your last suggestion.

Though in GC's defense, you did skirt our tanking rules. I, for one, was frustrated at season's end to find myself in the lottery with a few managers that clearly should've finished higher in the standings. I was agitating for consequences. But Gainesville is a thoughtful and thorough guy and he ultimately came to the conclusion that he wasn't comfortable improvising penalties as incoming commissioner. I give him credit for that and hope we can all acknowledge that he was left some messy loose ends. He's also already admitted that he opened trade season a few weeks too soon.

Edit - Sorry EJA. Here's why GC asked us not to get into the specifics of last season.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 02:33:36 PM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2014, 02:19:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Not to complain or cry but I just want to point out since I had both picks 9 and 10 I had not one but TWO picks moved down a slot. (I think there's one other guy that said that).

It does, and I like your last suggestion.

Though in GC's defense, you did skirt our tanking rules. I, for one, was frustrated at season's end to find myself in the lottery with a few managers that clearly should've finished higher in the standings. I was agitating for consequences. But Gainesville is a thoughtful and thorough guy and he ultimately came to the conclusion that he wasn't comfortable improvising penalties as incoming commissioner. I give him credit for that and hope we can all acknowledge that he was left some messy loose ends. He's also already admitted that he opened trade season a few weeks to soon.
I'm not sure what you mean. I had an injured guy and a guy overseas, but set my roster pretty aggressively and made a bunch of moves. It was pretty clear my team was pretty horrid before I got there. I had Anthony Davis and Anthony Bennet on my team, so I'm pretty sure I must've had just about the worst team for two years running, then when I got there I got it to about middle of the pack.  If you'd like to be more specific I can try to address it.

« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2014, 02:30:19 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
No, EJA, sorry, I confused your squad with another. I stand by my defense of GC though. Other guys put him in a bad spot and he made the best of it, even if it created some uncertainty in the short term.

« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2014, 02:35:44 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Who wants to make me an offer on Larry Sanders to shut me up?

« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2014, 02:39:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
No, EJA, sorry, I confused your squad with another. I stand by my defense of GC though. Other guys put him in a bad spot and he made the best of it, even if it created some uncertainty in the short term.
That's a bit what I thought. I couldn't rule it out though. Enough things happen that if I did something or didn't do something I definitely want a chance to either address it or fix it.  Just didn't want an unnecessary or incorrect perception out there. 

« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2014, 08:52:47 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

Eja, I can understand your confusion but this is not what happened.

- At the end of last season you had picks #10 and #11.
- Going into the NBA Lottery you had picks #10 and #11.
- Coming out of the Lottery you had picks #10 and #11.
- For about 2 months (July/Aug) you had picks #9 and #10.
- In late Aug, your picks returned to #10 and #11

So for about 50 days your draft position was inflated very slightly. That is not the same as you having been penalized 2 draft spots. You simply returned to where you were and should have been.

The 50-day window, was because I imposed somewhat unilateral penalties on teams for actions last year (including a team ahead of you). I ultimately decided that this was unfair for a variety of reasons (mostly b/c it was uneven enforcement) and set a very bad precedent (since I've said before I think the most fair thing is that rules should be effective moving forward not retroactive.)

I'm sorry if this caused you or your team any undue harm. I would be very much willing to bet that ultimately you'll have almost the same players available at 10/11 that you would have at 9/10.

-----

FWIW, In the future I'd prefer if folks think they've been treated unfairly they start with a PM or email to me. I think you'll find I'm pretty level headed and willing to listen. This will minimize the possibility of misunderstanding (i.e. Wiggle thinking you'd been penalized when you had not been) and confusion.

« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2014, 09:24:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Not to complain or cry but I just want to point out since I had both picks 9 and 10 I had not one but TWO picks moved down a slot. (I think there's one other guy that can say that).

Eja, I can understand your confusion but this is not what happened.

- At the end of last season you had picks #10 and #11.
- Going into the NBA Lottery you had picks #10 and #11.
- Coming out of the Lottery you had picks #10 and #11.
- For about 2 months (July/Aug) you had picks #9 and #10.
- In late Aug, your picks returned to #10 and #11

So for about 50 days your draft position was inflated very slightly. That is not the same as you having been penalized 2 draft spots. You simply returned to where you were and should have been.

The 50-day window, was because I imposed somewhat unilateral penalties on teams for actions last year (including a team ahead of you). I ultimately decided that this was unfair for a variety of reasons (mostly b/c it was uneven enforcement) and set a very bad precedent (since I've said before I think the most fair thing is that rules should be effective moving forward not retroactive.)

I'm sorry if this caused you or your team any undue harm. I would be very much willing to bet that ultimately you'll have almost the same players available at 10/11 that you would have at 9/10.

-----

FWIW, In the future I'd prefer if folks think they've been treated unfairly they start with a PM or email to me. I think you'll find I'm pretty level headed and willing to listen. This will minimize the possibility of misunderstanding (i.e. Wiggle thinking you'd been penalized when you had not been) and confusion.
I'm somewhat pessimistic about the 11th pick having the same guy available as the 9th, but maybe it will. I did pretty well with the last couple drafts with the exception of the Anthony Bennet debacle, which I still have a shot with to some degree.
It's not really confusion as much as frustration.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:43:35 PM by eja117 »