Author Topic: IDEA: Trade for Love, Nerlens Noel  (Read 1723 times)

IDEA: Trade for Love, Nerlens Noel
« on: May 19, 2014, 02:36:26 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
No need for an explanation here. Boston is clearly in the Love sweepstakes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l9f5mos

Minnesota receives: Jared Sullinger, Brandon Bass, Keith Bogans, Joel Anthony, 2014 BOS-owned 1st rounder (#17 from BKN), 2015 BOS-owned 1st rounder (from LAC), 2017 BOS-owned 1st rounder (from BKN, swappable).

Boston receives: Kevin Love

If Philadelphia lands where the odds say they will, they'll be smack in the middle of Embiid's projected range. I can see them jumping at him which makes Nerlens Noel expendable to fill other holes (scoring, forward, depth at C), but it is crucial that they take Embiid for such an opportunity to arise:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kxwl979

PHI receives: Kelly Olynyk, Vitor Faverani, 2015 BOS-owned 1st rounder or future seconds (from PHI).

BOS receives: Nerlens Noel

This is the groundwork for my fantasy version of the Cs... you can tweak and form your own fantasy Cs team after that. We'll assume the lottery plays out according to the odds and the Cs get the 5th/6th pick... draft Smart. Use cap space to sign Pierce, Shawn Marion, Chris Kaman players of that nature. Re-sign Bradley and Bayless, make an offer to Humphries (especially if you can't pick up a cheap big man like Kaman).

Rondo/Bayless/Pressey/[Smart]
Bradley/Smart/[Bayless]
Green/Pierce/Wallace
Love/Humphries/[Wallace]
Noel/Kaman/[Humphries]

That's a championship contender if Noel stays healthy IMO.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:36:39 PM by TheFlex »

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Re: IDEA: Trade for Love, Nerlens Noel
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Noel and Love might be fantastic compliments for each other.

I don't see Philly going for it- Noel has big upside and upside is what they are all about right now. Also Garnett is still under contract with the Nets. It's a real fun thought, though. Considering how good Love-Dieng was this year, I think Love-Noel could be amazing.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 02:59:40 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
While Noel could be "expendable" with Embiid in place... it's not a bad redundancy for Philly to have.  Noel could be an excellent trade chip down the road to acquire something far better than what's coming to them in this deal.  Plus, you mention they'll need depth at C, which at worst he can still provide.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I actually like this idea. TP for the creativity.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 03:37:22 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

Noel and Love might be fantastic compliments for each other.

I don't see Philly going for it- Noel has big upside and upside is what they are all about right now. Also Garnett is still under contract with the Nets. It's a real fun thought, though. Considering how good Love-Dieng was this year, I think Love-Noel could be amazing.

Edited re: KG. I don't know how that slipped past me but it did, thank you for the catch. I replaced KG with Kaman as they're of similar value.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
While Noel could be "expendable" with Embiid in place... it's not a bad redundancy for Philly to have.  Noel could be an excellent trade chip down the road to acquire something far better than what's coming to them in this deal.  Plus, you mention they'll need depth at C, which at worst he can still provide.

True, but while Noel provides depth at C, he doesn't offer them the versatility that a package of Olynyk and Vitor does. Olynyk provides a scoring forward while Vitor provides beef in the middle, and they get their pick back in the process.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I've mentioned this before in another thread and the way I could see this play out is we land the first pick, and say Philly lands the 3rd or 4th pick we swap picks while they give us Noel, and we give them a lesser player /draft pick.  Or it's the reverse with Philly with top pick nabbing Noel, and we trade our pick maybe straight up for Noel.  We don't need to use our top pick with the Love trade as we have Sully and other assets to use.