Author Topic: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski  (Read 55756 times)

Re: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski
« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2014, 12:28:31 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I thought his decision to drop so much weight was a mistake. Imo, his greatest asset was hit size, when combined with his athletic ability.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #241 on: November 25, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
I thought his decision to drop so much weight was a mistake. Imo, his greatest asset was hit size, when combined with his athletic ability.
The thing is Lebron James has played very well this season.  It is the rest of his teammates that have been sub par on the whole and haven't quite figured out how to play with James yet.  There was an adjustment period in Miami as well when 3 guys all used to be the first option had to learn how to play together with two of them taking on lesser and more complimentary roles. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #242 on: November 25, 2014, 05:31:07 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The thing is Lebron James has played very well this season.  It is the rest of his teammates that have been sub par on the whole and haven't quite figured out how to play with James yet.  There was an adjustment period in Miami as well when 3 guys all used to be the first option had to learn how to play together with two of them taking on lesser and more complimentary roles.

Lebron is still the best player in the league, but I don't think he looks as good this season.  His 2 point shooting % is way down. Some of that is due to his teammates, but I don't think he's able to over power everyone as easily.

« Reply #243 on: November 25, 2014, 05:35:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
He's also unlikely to play any better than he did last season, but everyone always gets contentious when I bring up the ages where athletes peak, so...
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I remember hearing once in a podcast that there is a trend in the analytics movement trying to quantify the value of assist. I.E. Did the assist create a good look that wasn't there like so many of Rondo's or did the player pass it off at the last minute for a bailout three that just happened to go in.

I believe they said that at the time (Cleveland 1st stint?) Lebron was amongst the league worst in assist value because so many of them came from his failure to create and then passing on short shot clock time.

Does anyone remember anything about this and could this be one of the reason's Love's 3 point percentage is down?

« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
He's also unlikely to play any better than he did last season, but everyone always gets contentious when I bring up the ages where athletes peak, so...
He is in his 12th year and basically never misses a game, goes deep into the playoffs, and has played a ton of international ball.  That said he is still only 30 and still should have another couple of years at near peak level.  The last two years he was just so good that I think people got spoiled.  Thus far this year, he isn't that much off from his first two seasons in Miami (when he was playing SF at a similar percentage as he is now) and given he is playing under a new coach with new teammates and isn't a PF nearly as much, I believe some of that is to be expected.  He is shooting very well from three and the line and is still passing very well.  I think his 2 point percentage will go up as he and the team get more comfortable with each other.

Love is the guy that needs to play better.  He isn't shooting well and Varejao and Thompson are both out working him on the boards.  Love needs to get more involved on both ends of the floor.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip