Author Topic: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski  (Read 55579 times)

Re: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2014, 05:17:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
Yeah big centers are worthless ......we don't need them.....it's small ball.....that's the ticket......LeBron doesn 't need a center ...he is a one man army. 

Cleveland doesn't have the same team as Heat, not as good ,  James is not as young any more and probably feeling the effects of age and play based on athletic ability . 

James looks 45 years old .....I think he looks tired and minus the superhuman stamina he once had.

His ability to force his will , like he did on Boston in those epic series is waning.  He can still take over, but not for game after game for weeks on end.

Starting to see his armor crack .  He needs better help than four years ago.  He may have to cut out and head to another contender .

I think what you are saying (and if you're not, than I AM)....James went Off the juice this summer---and now he's just a regular Great Player---NOT unstoppable----would have happened to Barry Bonds too--!!
Tp

I'm glad that more people now are starting to finally question him on this. Even on some espn shows he's starting to get called out on it (although it seems like they've been told NOT to say 'hgh')

I've been suggesting the possibility of this for a long time. Lot of LeBroid fanboys around, calling people "haters" who call their self-proclaimed "king" out though.

Many people on this board have even said in LeBroid's defense that "everyone else is doing it". I guess that makes it "OK" to them. 

The guy has looked 10 years older than he was since he was in HS. Receding hairline at an early age, enlarged facial features. Too much $$$ on the line to catch him though.

« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2014, 05:22:39 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Yeah big centers are worthless ......we don't need them.....it's small ball.....that's the ticket......LeBron doesn 't need a center ...he is a one man army. 

Cleveland doesn't have the same team as Heat, not as good ,  James is not as young any more and probably feeling the effects of age and play based on athletic ability . 

James looks 45 years old .....I think he looks tired and minus the superhuman stamina he once had.

His ability to force his will , like he did on Boston in those epic series is waning.  He can still take over, but not for game after game for weeks on end.

Starting to see his armor crack .  He needs better help than four years ago.  He may have to cut out and head to another contender .

I think what you are saying (and if you're not, than I AM)....James went Off the juice this summer---and now he's just a regular Great Player---NOT unstoppable----would have happened to Barry Bonds too--!!

Since you are unlikely to suffer any repercussions for slander, I suppose you have a right to accuse Lebron of juicing, but I think it's a rotten thing to do unless you have more evidence than an "eye test".   The NBA is filled with physical specimens and I doubt you have the capacity to visually discern with certainty who is and who isn't "juicing".   But maybe you do have the power.

I don't see Lebron showing signs of going downhill or aging (though I haven't seen all of his games this year).  I think he is still the most dominant player in the league and I don't think there is much debate about it.  His current 25/6/7 is pretty close to his 1st year stats in Miami where he played with a more talented offensive team (likely had better looks overall).

« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2014, 05:42:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I have no idea if LBJ ever juiced, but he sure looks slower, and weaker, than he did the last several years.  Just an eyeball observation.  Story is he is on a new diet, which could contribute, obviously, to his weight loss. He may need to put back on some pounds.

Love seems kind of puny to be a dominant power forward.  He just does not look like an elite player on the offensive end to me.  When you consider how poor he is on the defensive side, it is no wonder they are struggling so much.

Am sure Lebron would gladly take Bosh straight up over Love right now.  Wouldn't you?

« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2014, 05:53:07 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Since you are unlikely to suffer any repercussions for slander, I suppose you have a right to accuse Lebron of juicing, but I think it's a rotten thing to do unless you have more evidence than an "eye test".   The NBA is filled with physical specimens and I doubt you have the capacity to visually discern with certainty who is and who isn't "juicing".   But maybe you do have the power.

I don't see Lebron showing signs of going downhill or aging (though I haven't seen all of his games this year).  I think he is still the most dominant player in the league and I don't think there is much debate about it.  His current 25/6/7 is pretty close to his 1st year stats in Miami where he played with a more talented offensive team (likely had better looks overall).

Agree with this.  I doubt the messiah is roiding.  Just the most gifted athlete in sports' history  He didn't get off to the greatest start with Miami.   He's getting used to new teammates.   My problem with the messiah is the overt way he's officiated.

« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2014, 06:22:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
He is not nerly as healthy as you all are thinking.    He rarely dunks ,  he looks sore and un energetic .
He looks like someone who wants help,badly ...... His days of carrying the team by himself are numbered .   It is really starting to drain him to have to be super LeBron night in and out .

He doesn't want to do the super James deal every night .  It will shorten his career .

He can still take over , not saying he can 't ....but there are only so many hops in a mans career ...but it's obvious to,me and I watch all his games too......he is not crazy about doing just that anymore ..  He'll.  save his body for,the series , where he can't afford to lose a game.

Seems obvious to me he wants a smaller load,off,his,shoulders .  But with Irving that ain't happening , he isn't a very good,point guard.

« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2014, 08:15:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Where else but a thread about Kevin Love would you go for unfounded LeBron steroid debate? It's like when I go to Pizza Hut for Chinese Food.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2014, 08:36:42 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Where else but a thread about Kevin Love would you go for unfounded LeBron steroid debate? It's like when I go to Pizza Hut for Chinese Food.

Or when you go to Pizza Hut for pizza... ;)

« Reply #232 on: November 23, 2014, 11:02:38 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
High levels of testosterone are often linked early onset baldness- depression and posture problems like slouching.
Lebron is a natural born Zulu warrior who's been eating American produce his whole life- pumped with antibiotics and steroids.
There's a reason that 14 year old kids these days look like 25 year Olds.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2014, 12:13:31 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
I have no idea if LBJ ever juiced, but he sure looks slower, and weaker, than he did the last several years.  Just an eyeball observation.  Story is he is on a new diet, which could contribute, obviously, to his weight loss. He may need to put back on some pounds.

Love seems kind of puny to be a dominant power forward.  He just does not look like an elite player on the offensive end to me.  When you consider how poor he is on the defensive side, it is no wonder they are struggling so much.

Am sure Lebron would gladly take Bosh straight up over Love right now.  Wouldn't you?

Seen love in person, he's not a power forward, he's a small forward who is good at rebounding and plays no defense.

« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2014, 01:37:47 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
LeBron looked 28 years old coming out of High School...Kobe didn't...he was a Skinny kid.

I bet the real reason he stopped whatever he MIGHT have been taking (HGH-only my guess)...is because of his hair loss....He's wearing that sweatband pretty high these days---it's not looking too good.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2014, 02:00:27 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I've thought all along that trading for Love was a mistake for the Cavs.  They didn't need another scorer with Lebron and Irving.  Wiggins would have given them a very good wing defender, a guy not set in his ways, willing to learn and play team ball, and who can finish in transition.  Plus, they still would have had Bennett and more payroll flexibility.  They would also still have Zeller as a back up center. 
They also would have assets to trade to upgrade their front court defense: Zeller, Bennett, Waiters, draft pick.

« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2014, 07:12:15 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
they traded Zeller to sign Lebron, not to bring in Love
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2014, 08:03:55 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I've thought all along that trading for Love was a mistake for the Cavs.  They didn't need another scorer with Lebron and Irving.  Wiggins would have given them a very good wing defender, a guy not set in his ways, willing to learn and play team ball, and who can finish in transition.  Plus, they still would have had Bennett and more payroll flexibility.  They would also still have Zeller as a back up center. 
They also would have assets to trade to upgrade their front court defense: Zeller, Bennett, Waiters, draft pick.

No.  I think in time, we will see that Lebron/Love tandem will give teams nightmare when they learn to play off each other.

Irving is the player I worry most about being able to fit in since I don't know if he will be able to adjust with fewer touches. 

And they are in desperate  need for a big man who closes the lanes (through block shots or intimidation defense) and can set nasty picks. 

« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2014, 10:23:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I think they should move Waiters for another big.  They don't need Waiters given their offensive firepower, but he could be a good fit on some teams. 

Maybe Waiters for Cody Zeller.  That seems like a trade that might work for both Cleveland and Charlotte.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #239 on: November 24, 2014, 12:49:05 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think they should move Waiters for another big.  They don't need Waiters given their offensive firepower, but he could be a good fit on some teams. 

Maybe Waiters for Cody Zeller.  That seems like a trade that might work for both Cleveland and Charlotte.

I think the Cavs desperately need a SG with defensive quickness.

Far too many lineups with slow footed SFs masquerading as SGs. They do not have & will not have the interior defense to pull something like that off. I do not understand why they did not try harder to find defensive role playing SG in summer. Just some cheap minimum contract guy who can play ahead of or behind Waiters.

Waiters is the only guy I have seen at SG where the Cavs perimeter defense looks right. If they move him, they will have nobody will can play and defend the SG position well. If Waiters does go, I think it is hugely important they bring in a SG to replace him.