Author Topic: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski  (Read 55773 times)

Re: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2014, 08:38:58 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Little to no rim protection? He averages 1.3 blocks per 36 minutes of play (Omer Asik averages 1.4, for comparison), I would like you to check out the second video from the quoted post to show how he has "little to no rim protection".

One of the bigger misconceptions is that blocks=rim protection, or more specifically, that comparable blocks per game or per 36 minutes means comparable rim protection.

But real rim protectors aren't necessarily guys who pile up lots of blocked shots. Most of their work is in altering shots, from either forcing a player into a low% contested shot or from forcing them to pass out of a drive and reset.

Asik is head and shoulders above Jason Smith at rim protection.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2014, 08:46:56 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think we are missing one question here with these scenarios:

Which bad contract do the Celtics take back? 

(and give up the pipe dream of sending out Wallace)

For example
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kqfrpls

Where the Celtics use all three TE.

Love, Martin (TE 1), Shved (TE 2) and Turiaf (TE 3)

for

Bass, Bogan, and Sullinger (plus three picks unless the Celtics offer a top 3 pick this year)

this and we need to know love will sign here before we even trade for him. getting 1 season outta this guy isn't worth it.

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2014, 09:12:35 AM »

Offline KamikazeK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2

For example

for

Bass, Bogan, and Sullinger (plus three picks unless the Celtics offer a top 3 pick this year)

this and we need to know love will sign here before we even trade for him. getting 1 season outta this guy isn't worth it.

I disagree. I would pull the trigger anyways and then cash in the rest of our assets to try to build a team around him and Rondo that would make them both want to stick around. You get nowhere if you won't take a risk.

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2014, 09:30:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So we're allegedly prepared to offer our first-rounder here. I wonder what else is on the table. Sullinger perhaps?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2014, 09:33:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
So we're allegedly prepared to offer our first-rounder here. I wonder what else is on the table. Sullinger perhaps?
Sullinger or Olynyk, Minny's preference I imagine. Both are clearly expendable when trading for an All-star who plays the same position. Even if Minny doesn't love either one they're "young talent" which is typically required for these sort of deals.

Those would be the biggest pieces, beyond that I could see additional draft picks being thrown in depending on the negotiations.

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2014, 09:43:13 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

For example

for

I disagree. I would pull the trigger anyways and then cash in the rest of our assets to try to build a team around him and Rondo that would make them both want to stick around. You get nowhere if you won't take a risk.

I get the feeling that taking risks and ending up with some kind of intimately transferred disease and taking risks and ending up with Kevin Love on your team probably feel pretty similar.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
If Asik is as easily gettable as it seems, you absolutely trade this year's pick for Love unless you're planning to trade Rondo.  The big 3 this year would all take at least 2 years to fully develop and Embiid make take 4 or 5.  If you've got Asik, Love and Rondo, Boston would become VERY attractive to any superstar looking to win a title.

Mike

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
If Asik is as easily gettable as it seems, you absolutely trade this year's pick for Love unless you're planning to trade Rondo.  The big 3 this year would all take at least 2 years to fully develop and Embiid make take 4 or 5.  If you've got Asik, Love and Rondo, Boston would become VERY attractive to any superstar looking to win a title.

Mike

I think you still need a wing scorer that's better than Jeff Green, but yeah...  that's a nice young (but experienced) core. 

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2014, 10:19:30 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

For example

for

it depends on what else we're getting if we're giving up that much. other than melo(which I could do without) I don't think there's much out there that teams are willing to give up. it sounds like a nice dream with not much reality involved.

but I still(even if we were able to)believe it's way too much to give up for one season. i'd rather just do a slow build if that were the case. because 5 - 6 yrs. from now we'd likely be in a similar situation but with a better chance to be better longer than just 1 season. 

if we can do a sign and trade for love it's a different story. 

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100

For example

for

it depends on what else we're getting if we're giving up that much. other than melo(which I could do without) I don't think there's much out there that teams are willing to give up. it sounds like a nice dream with not much reality involved.

but I still(even if we were able to)believe it's way too much to give up for one season. i'd rather just do a slow build if that were the case. because 5 - 6 yrs. from now we'd likely be in a similar situation but with a better chance to be better longer than just 1 season. 

if we can do a sign and trade for love it's a different story.

Totally with you, but Vecsey just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/PeterVecsey1/status/468411382074183680

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
This is when we play Consider The Source.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
This is when we play Consider The Source.

Yeah, I knew I'd get that because it is Vecsey, but he was 100% on about the Crawford trade before it happened. That was the most unexpected trade at the most random time, but he called it.

The guy has sources for sure..he's off a lot, but he's connected.

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Now the owner of the Twolves came out and said no deal before the draft? This is gonna get interesting.

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Now the owner of the Twolves came out and said no deal before the draft? This is gonna get interesting.

Draft day deal is the only way the Wolves could get picks in consecutive years from the same team.  Plus they can see which players are available at whatever pick they get.  It expands their options quite a bit, so not a big surprise.

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2014, 12:14:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Of course hes gonna say that.

Despite any reports or whatever rumors are running amuck, Saunders know Love isn't going to stay. If he doesn't trade before the trade deadline, that is also going to ruin the price and value of Love.

Draft day deal is the only way the Wolves could get picks in consecutive years from the same team.  Plus they can see which players are available at whatever pick they get.  It expands their options quite a bit, so not a big surprise.

This too.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different