Author Topic: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski  (Read 55637 times)

Re: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2014, 10:12:51 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Sully and our pick for Love?  I'm in. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2014, 10:15:44 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
It's gonna take a lot more than that.

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

How much more?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I can't even believe some of the responses I'm reading in this thread. On what planet is Kevin Love NOT a "go to scorer"?

I think they mean isolation scorer.  Only 6.9% of Kevin Love's offensive plays were in isolation, compared to 25.6% for Carmelo Anthony, 16.0% for Kevin Durant, 20.9% for Lebron James, or even 10.5% for Jeff Green.  Green also had 0.83 points per possession on isolations compared to 0.80 for Love, so it would be fair to say that Green is probably a mildly better option than Love if you absolutely had to run an end-of-game isolation play.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2014, 10:26:59 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald

How much more?
2 #1's and a player (with one of them being the Brooklyn pick where you have the option of swapping) or 3 #1's.  Minnesota would be looking to rebuild their team after giving up an all star.  The package has to be valuable to sell to your season ticket base and give them some hope.

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2014, 10:28:28 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

How much more?
2 #1's and a player (with one of them being one of the Jersey picks where you have the option of swapping) or 3 #1's.  Minnesota would be looking to rebuild their team after giving up an all star.  The package has to be valuable to sell to your season ticket base and give them some hope.

What if our pick this year ends up being top three?  Still not enough?  We'll even throw in Gerald Wallace. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2014, 10:30:43 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
These are the type of posts we got after the Ray Allen deal---People must realize, that if Ainge can get Love--there WILL be another shoe to drop---C's won't just trot out Rondo/Love plus our current guys, so we can go out in the 1st round of the playoffs...

That's precisely what I fear. I can already see the unholy trinity of Love, Melo and Rondo in green.

Good thing I have my torches and pitchforks ready. If you think I was rioting, you've seen nothing, yet. It'll rain cats and dogs.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2014, 10:33:35 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
These are the type of posts we got after the Ray Allen deal---People must realize, that if Ainge can get Love--there WILL be another shoe to drop---C's won't just trot out Rondo/Love plus our current guys, so we can go out in the 1st round of the playoffs...

That's precisely what I fear. I can already see the unholy trinity of Love, Melo and Rondo in green.

Good thing I have my torches and pitchforks ready. If you think I was rioting, you've seen nothing, yet. It'll rain cats and dogs.

"Torches and pitchforks"?  I can't wait.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2014, 10:33:56 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald

How much more?
2 #1's and a player (with one of them being one of the Jersey picks where you have the option of swapping) or 3 #1's.  Minnesota would be looking to rebuild their team after giving up an all star.  The package has to be valuable to sell to your season ticket base and give them some hope.

What if our pick this year ends up being top three?  Still not enough?  We'll even throw in Gerald Wallace.
A top 3 and Sully might do it actually.  But if I'm Minnesota I'll still ask for more....Gerald Wallace finishes his career as a Celtic.  :)

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2014, 10:40:38 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Really take in the remaining hours of this day fellow bloggers. It's the closest we will ever be getting to acquiring Love. Next week or the week after you'll hear reports of Love's people saying how he would not resign with the C's and our dreams will be crushed.

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2014, 10:41:02 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If we got Love we'd have to find a defensive force at C/PF to play alongside love.

Anyone want to bring Perkins back? :D

Good thing there's one who's an Unrestricted Free Agent option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WOWQo1eA1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31YkB8AFRBs&noredirect=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hbr9-Il64Q

#JaSIGNSmith
Both can shoot as well  :D

Smith is more of a four. He offers little to no rim protection, is a poor rebounder, and is very injury prone. If we have Love and Olynyk, who have a similar face the basket style, it renders Smith a bad bit and redundant. I much rather go after a defensive minded player such as Asik. He is a much better complementary piece given the makeup of our team.

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2014, 10:41:24 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I really can't see that.  I think the Celtics will crunch the numbers and decide it only makes sense to go after Carmelo Anthony if you plan on playing him as the power forward.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2014, 10:50:44 PM »

Offline aries31

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Kevin love is the perfect fit for the Celtics. Rondo, Love, Gordon Hayward?, sully or Olynyk is a very good rebuild. I would see if I could trade:

Minnesota receives:  Olynyk, Brandon bass, 2014 first rounder, 2015 first rounder and jared bayles
Boston Receives: Kevin Love and Nikola Pekavic

Since Washington loves jeff green and we would like to get rid of him trade:

Washington Receives: Jeff Green and Kris Humphries
Boston Receives: Marcin Gortat and Trevor Ariza

Utah Jazz could have an interest in trading Hayward

Utah Receives: Avery Bradley
Boston Receives: Gordon Hayward

14-15 Starting line up for Celtics: Rondo, Hayward, Ariza, Love and Gortat
Not bad for a rebuild

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2014, 10:52:48 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Gross.

I know right, why would the celtics trade for an allstar? I wish we could just fill our team with phil presseys and Gerald Wallaces.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

So, we're still not better than OKC or Miami after a Love trade. The regular season may be more entertaining, but ultimately that's all it would be. ECF exit (or possibly even 2nd round) isn't really good enough in my book.

Well, I'm not sure anyone here is saying that adding Love is the last step in the rebuilding process, the final missing piece, the guy who'll singlehandedly transform the Cs into contenders. I'm certainly not saying that.

But he's a step in the right direction?a star player, and you need star players to win in today's NBA. If we can get at least one through the draft, great (and hopefully we do, this summer), but you're not likely to get them all through the draft, so you collect assets and exchange them for stars already in the league.

Love might not be a top-5 player, but he's very, very good, and as someone else noted, whom else can the Cs realistically hope to acquire in the next couple seasons? LeBron? Durant? No way. If Danny can add Love while keeping Rondo, the Cs are closer to contention than they were last season.

Sure, I get that. What I don't is where the other pieces come from. We're surely going to have to unload nearly everything for Love.. Where do we get our other missing pieces from in a reasonable amount of time? and I guess.. Who?

I'd rather just avoid being a team like Indiana that peaks as a conference finalist. Now, Indy is good, sure.. but I'd just like better.

I see your point: getting Love could take so much that there's not enough left to get the third key player. I don't know the answer to that (who that would be, or how we'd get him), except to say that Ainge unloaded quite a bit to get KG while still having enough to separately acquire Allen. Maybe he can do that again.

And I agree that conference finalist isn't enough. But banners require some home-run swings, and Love qualifies.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2014, 10:58:52 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Gross.

I know right, why would the celtics trade for an allstar? I wish we could just fill our team with phil presseys and Gerald Wallaces.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

So, we're still not better than OKC or Miami after a Love trade. The regular season may be more entertaining, but ultimately that's all it would be. ECF exit (or possibly even 2nd round) isn't really good enough in my book.

Well, I'm not sure anyone here is saying that adding Love is the last step in the rebuilding process, the final missing piece, the guy who'll singlehandedly transform the Cs into contenders. I'm certainly not saying that.

But he's a step in the right direction?a star player, and you need star players to win in today's NBA. If we can get at least one through the draft, great (and hopefully we do, this summer), but you're not likely to get them all through the draft, so you collect assets and exchange them for stars already in the league.

Love might not be a top-5 player, but he's very, very good, and as someone else noted, whom else can the Cs realistically hope to acquire in the next couple seasons? LeBron? Durant? No way. If Danny can add Love while keeping Rondo, the Cs are closer to contention than they were last season.

Sure, I get that. What I don't is where the other pieces come from. We're surely going to have to unload nearly everything for Love.. Where do we get our other missing pieces from in a reasonable amount of time? and I guess.. Who?

I'd rather just avoid being a team like Indiana that peaks as a conference finalist. Now, Indy is good, sure.. but I'd just like better.

I see your point: getting Love could take so much that there's not enough left to get the third key player. I don't know the answer to that (who that would be, or how we'd get him), except to say that Ainge unloaded quite a bit to get KG while still having enough to separately acquire Allen. Maybe he can do that again.

And I agree that conference finalist isn't enough. But banners require some home-run swings, and Love qualifies.

Fair enough, but when we traded for Ray, other than Jeff Green's rights we didn't give up any real valuable assets. We had a ton left to offer. Unfortunately, we're likely going to unload every asset to get Love and we don't have another package to offer like we did in 07.

If we could get love without moving our pick, I'd be ecstatic, actually. We could build a real good core with Rondo, love and the pick. Just upsetting the offers likely start there.