Author Topic: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski  (Read 55726 times)

Re: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 07:18:32 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Gross.

I know right, why would the celtics trade for an allstar? I wish we could just fill our team with phil presseys and Gerald Wallaces.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

So, we're still not better than OKC or Miami after a Love trade. The regular season may be more entertaining, but ultimately that's all it would be. ECF exit (or possibly even 2nd round) isn't really good enough in my book.

Well, I'm not sure anyone here is saying that adding Love is the last step in the rebuilding process, the final missing piece, the guy who'll singlehandedly transform the Cs into contenders. I'm certainly not saying that.

But he's a step in the right direction?a star player, and you need star players to win in today's NBA. If we can get at least one through the draft, great (and hopefully we do, this summer), but you're not likely to get them all through the draft, so you collect assets and exchange them for stars already in the league.

Love might not be a top-5 player, but he's very, very good, and as someone else noted, whom else can the Cs realistically hope to acquire in the next couple seasons? LeBron? Durant? No way. If Danny can add Love while keeping Rondo, the Cs are closer to contention than they were last season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 07:52:00 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If we got Love we'd have to find a defensive force at C/PF to play alongside love.

Anyone want to bring Perkins back? :D

Good thing there's one who's an Unrestricted Free Agent option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WOWQo1eA1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31YkB8AFRBs&noredirect=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hbr9-Il64Q

#JaSIGNSmith
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 07:59:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If we get a top 3 pick, can't make that as part of the trade package. But we have so many other assets (Brooklyn pick, Sully or KO, multiple other future picks) that could make our offer exceed any others.  Obviously the idea would be to get Embiid with the top 3 pick.  Embiid, Love, Rondo, Green and Bradley is a serious team, a team that in a couple of years could compete, assuming Joel

If we finish outside the top 5, and Embiid and Exum have been taken (most likely), we package the pick for Love,  use trade exception to rent Asik for a season, or figure out how to get Larry Sanders. We can use the 17 pick to draft a future center, or try to make Minnesota swap their first round pick for it and use it to draft Saric. 

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 08:08:07 PM »

fitzhickey

If we got Love we'd have to find a defensive force at C/PF to play alongside love.

Anyone want to bring Perkins back? :D

Good thing there's one who's an Unrestricted Free Agent option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WOWQo1eA1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31YkB8AFRBs&noredirect=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hbr9-Il64Q

#JaSIGNSmith
Both can shoot as well  :D

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 08:36:09 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Gross.

I know right, why would the celtics trade for an allstar? I wish we could just fill our team with phil presseys and Gerald Wallaces.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

So, we're still not better than OKC or Miami after a Love trade. The regular season may be more entertaining, but ultimately that's all it would be. ECF exit (or possibly even 2nd round) isn't really good enough in my book.

Well, I'm not sure anyone here is saying that adding Love is the last step in the rebuilding process, the final missing piece, the guy who'll singlehandedly transform the Cs into contenders. I'm certainly not saying that.

But he's a step in the right direction?a star player, and you need star players to win in today's NBA. If we can get at least one through the draft, great (and hopefully we do, this summer), but you're not likely to get them all through the draft, so you collect assets and exchange them for stars already in the league.

Love might not be a top-5 player, but he's very, very good, and as someone else noted, whom else can the Cs realistically hope to acquire in the next couple seasons? LeBron? Durant? No way. If Danny can add Love while keeping Rondo, the Cs are closer to contention than they were last season.

Sure, I get that. What I don't is where the other pieces come from. We're surely going to have to unload nearly everything for Love.. Where do we get our other missing pieces from in a reasonable amount of time? and I guess.. Who?

I'd rather just avoid being a team like Indiana that peaks as a conference finalist. Now, Indy is good, sure.. but I'd just like better.

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 08:42:13 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
If we got rondo and love to resign in 2015. Wha does rondo,exum,green,love, defensive minded center do with 2 years together?  Not sure who it would be at center love to somehow grab Vonleh by moving up with our 17th. Do you think love and Vonleh could be a successful pairing?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2014, 09:08:37 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Not a big Love fan as I have worries about his durability.  That said the guy fills the stat sheet against western conference talent and is just 25.  I think sometimes times as sports fans we are more enticed by potential of youth versus the known ability of veterans.  My bet is that every coach in the league would draft Love #1 over any player in this draft because consistency is exactly what a coach wants...and why Jeff Green kills us despite his respectable numbers.

I remember being pi$$3d when we traded for Ray because I had similar worries about his ankles.  That worked out pretty well.....In Ainge I trust.

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Gross.

These are the type of posts we got after the Ray Allen deal---People must realize, that if Ainge can get Love--there WILL be another shoe to drop---C's won't just trot out Rondo/Love plus our current guys, so we can go out in the 1st round of the playoffs....In fact we might see a different deal on Draft day--to CONVINCE K.Love that he WANTS to be here--!

Exactly. If the Celts acquire Love, there's a good chance they'll be another shoe to drop. Regardless, I'll still take Love on my team!

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2014, 09:36:27 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Whenever you have an opportunity to trade for an all star, you need to consider it.  But I'm thinking that if Love comes here, Rondo is the only one who's likely to stick around.  From there, you need to build the roster around those two...meaning you need a 5 who can defend, rim protect and pass.  You also need a 3 who can defend.  One of Sully and KO go in the deal and maybe both.  Personally I'm fine with that. 

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Love is nice, but I don't want us to throw all our chips at Minnesota. Our biggest two needs are rim protector and a go to scorer. Love fits neither of those (more go to scorer than rim protector but still not the ideal one). But then, there's only a handful of legitimate go to scorers in this league and none of them are available with the exception of Melo. Unfortunately, he ain't coming to Boston so we must address it via the draft I guess...

Jabari!
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2014, 09:39:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
And ladies and gentlemen... this is why we tanked.  For opportunities like this.

Now we're either going to get a Top 3 pick in the lotto, or go hard after Love with our pick 5-8.  All thanks to our tankerific season.  High fives all around.

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2014, 09:39:33 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
I see Love as a defensive liability, so you need to take that into account in building your roster.

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2014, 09:40:54 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Is it even remotely possible that we can get both Melo and K Love

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2014, 09:43:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
Is it even remotely possible that we can get both Melo and K Love
No defense, no win anything.

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 09:57:45 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I can't even believe some of the responses I'm reading in this thread. On what planet is Kevin Love NOT a "go to scorer"? He only went for 26 and 13 last year. He's only 25 years old. If you can get him by trading our high pick, maybe the Clipper pick next year and then Sully and if you want Bass' expiring contract that's better than any other teams offer. THEN, you make the Asik deal with Bogans' contract or the TPE. You resign AB, draft a shooting wing(Hood for example) and Bob's your Uncle. Seriously folks, this is the biggest no brainer in the history of no-brainers. Of course Asik isn't your last move but just with those moves we completely change our team:

pg RR/Pressey
sg AB/Hood
sf Green/Wallace
pf Love/KO
c  Asik/Vitor

That team is definitely good enough to take our division without question and home court at least in the first round of the playoffs.

This is exactly what Danny was waiting for. Danny has zero qualms about pulling the trigger on a deal without him being signed to extension. This is a gamble you take. It's not like Love has a no-trade and again, no team can match what we can put together for a deal. I think Barring we get #1 or get a chance to get Embiid, this is going to happen.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...