Author Topic: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski  (Read 55636 times)

Re: Kevin Love per Wojnarowski
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 06:47:29 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I'd like to have Love here, but is Rondo/Green/Love that much better of a core than Rubio/Martin/Love/Pekovic?

It would be a step in the right direction, but I wouldn't be predicting a championship any time soon.

Agreed. I do think its a great addition but people need to curb their lofty expectations.

However, people scoffing at the idea of adding Love makes me laugh.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 06:54:43 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'd like to have Love here, but is Rondo/Green/Love that much better of a core than Rubio/Martin/Love/Pekovic?

It would be a step in the right direction, but I wouldn't be predicting a championship any time soon.

Factor in the east and the west. Rondo is far superior to Rubio. He shines on the big stage. Love and rondo with our team is a second round team easily. Watching Miami and Indiana, they are far from unbeatable.

The celtics with love could and should  grab the three seed in this east.

Ainge will still have assets to make other moves.

You gotta grab k love if he will sign an extension. 25 years old. Averaged 26 points 12 boards and four assists. Can hit the three. He's a beast.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 06:56:07 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
it would be interesting if we somehow ended up with a top 3 pick this year.

If we could somehow keep that pick and acquire Love using a combination of our future firsts then I'd be  stoked.

If we have to give up our pick this year though, which is the more obvious scenario, then no thanks.  If we end up with a #6 or lower pick, then I dunno, I could go either way
Greg

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 06:58:34 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Gross.

I know right, why would the celtics trade for an allstar? I wish we could just fill our team with phil presseys and Gerald Wallaces.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

So, we're still not better than OKC or Miami after a Love trade. The regular season may be more entertaining, but ultimately that's all it would be. ECF exit (or possibly even 2nd round) isn't really good enough in my book.

These are the type of posts we got after the Ray Allen deal---People must realize, that if Ainge can get Love--there WILL be another shoe to drop---C's won't just trot out Rondo/Love plus our current guys, so we can go out in the 1st round of the playoffs....In fact we might see a different deal on Draft day--to CONVINCE K.Love that he WANTS to be here--!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 06:59:10 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Looking at the trade machine options and knowing we still have to match salary, I'm not even sure we can put together a suitable package of contracts. It starts with Sully, but then you need to add Bass (very unattractive option for MIN, I'm sure) Anthony, who's expiring but that's still a year they have to carry him and then Vitor's contract, which is guaranteed next season I believe.

Not super appealing if I'm MIN, honestly.

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
If love is traded for then I think Martin does too.

Rondo martin green love is a nice 4.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 07:04:40 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Unless we agreed to take him for the PP TPE in a separate trade, we can't match contracts with anyone we presently have signed. This excludes Hump, AB, Bayless, ect.

Only option would be Wallace and that's not happening.

And I wouldn't touch Martin.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 07:05:37 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

If people harp on Harden about his defense, then I'll be curious to see what type of posts are made about Martins...

Martin is most likely traded though. Then we would probably need a bonafide defensive SF, and a great Center that can anchor the defense.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 07:08:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

If Rondo is in form, Green and Love could give you a chance to make it into the Playoffs. It will really depend on what we have to give up. It would not be worth it if we give up the entire farm of course. But if we will have something left (future picks), we can still make moves and fill the puzzle.

But grabbing a superstar, give it a go.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 07:08:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Gross.

I know right, why would the celtics trade for an allstar? I wish we could just fill our team with phil presseys and Gerald Wallaces.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I prefer my 'cash in our assets for a trade' targets to be guys who can lead their teams to winning seasons, thanks. I was a fan of trading for Kevin Garnett. I am not a fan of trading for Kevin Love. Possibly because I watch more T-Wolves games than the average Celtics fan.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Gross.

I prefer my 'cash in our assets for a trade' targets to be guys who can lead their teams to winning seasons, thanks. I was a fan of trading for Kevin Garnett. I am not a fan of trading for Kevin Love. Possibly because I watch more T-Wolves games than the average Celtics fan.

Then I guess you realize how much of a terrible roster they have in terms of chemistry? Who is their best defender? Corey Brewer? Martin gets subbed out sometimes due to his inept defense in close games, and almost guaranteed half the time Kevin Love is the only one scoring... Rubio can't shoot to save his life, Shved lost all confidence and skill... Brewer is a mediocre defensive SF that has no shot either, and Pekovic isn't a rim protector.

You can try to say Love isn't a superstar caliber player as much as you want. But at least admit that the roster itself wasn't designed to win. There is absolutely no defense on that starting five... Rubio averages a decent amount of steals, but in the long run those are gambles, and in playoff games, sometimes they can be called for fouls, which may be crucial.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Looking at the trade machine options and knowing we still have to match salary, I'm not even sure we can put together a suitable package of contracts. It starts with Sully, but then you need to add Bass (very unattractive option for MIN, I'm sure) Anthony, who's expiring but that's still a year they have to carry him and then Vitor's contract, which is guaranteed next season I believe.

I don't think matching salary would be a huge issue.  Bogans' non-guaranteed deal and Bass' expiring contract would basically be enough. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 07:14:42 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Gross.

So, we're still not better than OKC or Miami after a Love trade. The regular season may be more entertaining, but ultimately that's all it would be. ECF exit (or possibly even 2nd round) isn't really good enough in my book.

These are the type of posts we got after the Ray Allen deal---People must realize, that if Ainge can get Love--there WILL be another shoe to drop---C's won't just trot out Rondo/Love plus our current guys, so we can go out in the 1st round of the playoffs....In fact we might see a different deal on Draft day--to CONVINCE K.Love that he WANTS to be here--!

Posters here were beyond livid at the Allen and Garnett deals, and we know how those turned out.

The eyes don't lie - Love is a HUGE step out of this disaster of a roster.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 07:16:35 PM »

Offline Busta

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2

We have Bogans, Johnson, Pressey and Babb that are not guaranteed. That totals 7,834,024.00. Sully's contract which would bring us up to 9,258,544.00.

Which would only leave 6.4 left to make up in expiring contracts. Bass would fill that easily right there, which is really not much for the wolves to carry for a year. We could even sweeten the deal to take Martin off their hands and add Anthony and Vitor's expiring contracts to match.

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 07:18:16 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If we got Love we'd have to find a defensive force at C/PF to play alongside love.

Anyone want to bring Perkins back? :D