Author Topic: Love tells T-Wolves he's out after this year  (Read 12481 times)

Re: Love tells T-Wolves he's out after this year
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 11:36:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Touch choice for the Lakers when they win the lotto on Tuesday...  should they keep the #1 pick or trade it + Nash for Love?  At least if they did that, they'd have cap space to also bring in Melo and ride into a title next season with Kobe, Love and Melo.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 11:40:32 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
How do you know that the Lakers win the lottery, did you secretly record the drawing?

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 11:45:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
How do you know that the Lakers win the lottery, did you secretly record the drawing?
I saw it in my nightmares.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 11:49:50 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
if we get top 3 pick, no

if we do not get top 3 pick, yes

end of story for me

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 11:53:12 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Not the best news source, but everyone knows what will happen between Love and the Wolves.
This trade is already finished backstage, this is just some of the last leaks that need to happen before the trade goes down. Don't know everything of the deal, but it's very likely to involve Wallace and Sully.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 11:56:09 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Not the best news source, but everyone knows what will happen between Love and the Wolves.
This trade is already finished backstage, this is just some of the last leaks that need to happen before the trade goes down. Don't know everything of the deal, but it's very likely to involve Wallace and Sully.

If we somehow get rid of Wallace and get K-Love in one go, I'm all for it.

I'm not even that big of a K-Love fan either.

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 12:05:33 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
I am not a fan of the Celtics trading for Love at all.  The price will be too high and they would still need to find a rim protector and a big time swing man.  The same issues they have now.  I still think he ends up in L.A. for thier first rounder.  He wants to be there and they need to bring in a star not only to try and  win with Kobe but also to try and get the headlines back from the Clippers.  You know they hate being the number two basketball team in the Staples Center. 

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 12:08:46 AM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Hate the idea of Love on the C's...would rather work to get another 1st round pick in this draft or move up from 17....where the we land Tuesday will be huge.

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 12:12:50 AM »

Offline hondobird33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Plan:  Boston makes incredibly favorable offer to Minnesota that LA can't match so it's willing to trade Love & goes rebuild shedding older players, expiring contracts, and assets.

Minn. gets BOS 3 1st round picks (2014 BKN #17, 2015 BOS unprotected, & 2018 BOS unprotected) & Sullinger for Love.
Minn. gets 23 yr old Bradley (S&T-$6.5m) & BOS 2015 2nd round pick for 31 yr. old Martin ($6.5m)
Minn. gets BOS 2016 1st round pick for Wallace & $10m 2016 expiring contract (packaged as part of overall trade to match salaries). 
Added Bonus: BOS also gives Minn. Bogans $5m salary can be waived for cap savings.

Salaries match MINN in $24m (Wallace $10m+Bradley-$6.5m+Sullinger $1.5m+Bogans $5m=$23m) for (Love $16m+Martin $6.5m=$22.5m)

Minn. ends up with 4 1st round picks, a 2nd round pick, two young players at same positions to replace Love & Martin, cap savings with Bogans $5m waiveable contract, Wallace $10m expiring contract in 16'.

Next Move:  Give HOU Boston's 1st round 2015 LA pick and TPE from Pierce trade for Asik.  This frees up $8.3m for HOU and saves them cash payment of $15m. 

End result is BOS gets superstar in Love, upgrades SG position (6'7" - 19 pts/gm), adds much needed rim protector, and still have still has its own 2014 lottery pick, 2015 1st rd BOS, 2015 PHI 1st rd. or two 2nd rds., 2016 BKN 1st rd., 2017 1st rd, 2017 2nd rd., 2018 BKN 1st rd, and 2018 BOS 2nd rd.

Final Move:  Trade Bass & Anthony to contender looking for quality back-up PF and C in return for TPE and/or waiveable contracts.  If needed use PHI 1st rd. or 2 2nd rounds to entice trade partner to take Anthony.

In worst case scenario if BOS gets #8 pick in draft select much needed 3 point scoring in 6'8" McDermott.  Fits into projected salary cap for 2014/2015 season (expected to increase $5 million).
Player                   Salary
Rondo - PG   13m
Martin -SG   6.8m
Green - SF   9.2m
Love - PF   16m
Asik -C   8.3m
McDermott     2m
Faverani   2m
Olynyk   2m
Babb   1m
Pressey   1m
Iverson   2m
Johnson   1m
D-Leaguer   0.5m
D-Leaguer   0.5m
Total   68.3m

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 12:17:31 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Touch choice for the Lakers when they win the lotto on Tuesday...  should they keep the #1 pick or trade it + Nash for Love?  At least if they did that, they'd have cap space to also bring in Melo and ride into a title next season with Kobe, Love and Melo.

That won't win a title. Defense is awful. Kobe won't be a star talent anyway at 35 with knee and Achilles injuries that cost him a year.

He couldn't win with Dwight Nash and gasol.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 12:20:12 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I saw it in my nightmares.

I don't think Love goes to Lakers. I know it's been widely assumed that it's just going to magically happen, but if they trade him, I think 'the field' is more likely. Id say the lakers are currently the front runners, but in a 30-40% overall chance. Kevin Love, like Kevin Garnett has been deeply scarred by perpetual losing and mediocrity. The Lakers have the appeal, and the cap space, but they have as much uncertainty as anyone going forward. If the lottery doesn't go well, it gets worse. They're counting on Love, maybe OKC BREAKIJG up Westbrook/Durant or not being able to retain Russ, and if that changes, their whole rebuild goes back 3 years.

The Celtics have better assets both to acquire Love and to acquire help. If they're able to add more up and coming (but not green, no pun intended) player like Gordon Hayward, Asik, etc.. I'm not sure their offer and appeal as a team going forward as a winner isn't superior to LA's. Of course it all hinges on Kevin Love, but as with Kevin Garnett, he seems like a guy who puts winning and his legacy above being able to commute from Malibu.

And with the higher salary cap projected..I think we've got a decnt shot, and the field, the potential that some other team makes a leap or clears space, is even higher.

Here's a terrible thought; what if Miami trades Bosh to Houston for Asik and expiring/no guaranteed contracts,S&Ts Wade expire, renounces his rights, resigns him for the mid-level, and signs Love outright? There's a team.

Jayeezus, what if they just let Wade/Bosh expire, and sign Asik, Love, and Westbrook outright?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 12:52:09 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak suggested that he'd be willing to trade L.A.'s first-round lottery pick, but he may also be interested in acquiring other team's picks.

press telegram

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 01:00:10 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak suggested that he'd be willing to trade L.A.'s first-round lottery pick, but he may also be interested in acquiring other team's picks.

press telegram

Mitch Kupchak also stated he's available for drinks or whatever, and to contact him on his match.com profile, his christiansingles profile, via twitter @KupMan69, or via snapchat, pics get pics.

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 01:01:26 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
While I do believe Love will opt out and likely leave Minny (he almost didn't sign an extension, remember, and then demanded the out after year 3), I need to point out that this article is from the NY Daily News, which is about as reputable as the National Enquirer.

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 01:05:02 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
While I do believe Love will opt out and likely leave Minny (he almost didn't sign an extension, remember, and then demanded the out after year 3), I need to point out that this article is from the NY Daily News, which is about as reputable as the National Enquirer.

While their basketball stuff is more reliable than some sources that get linked to far too often, the part at the end of the article that says, 'He'd be open to the Knicks' and doesn't mention any other team, kind of tells you everything you need to know. It means the report asked the source about the Lakers and Knicks only.