Author Topic: Love tells T-Wolves he's out after this year  (Read 12527 times)

Love tells T-Wolves he's out after this year
« on: May 17, 2014, 09:30:28 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Kevin Love?s people reiterated to the Timberwolves this past week that they had better trade him or else he?ll leave via free agency when his contract is up after next season. With Love looking to exit, there?s your No. 1 reason the T-wolves have not been able to find a head coach to take over for Rick Adelman. Love wants to play for the Lakers but he?s also open to coming to the Knicks. . . .

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-dolan-gilbert-meddling-hazard-teams-health-article-1.1796220

If we can land a high pick then I think Love might just be coming to Boston. We have the assets. Ainge and Saunders have a good relationship by all accounts. I mean Ainge hired him as a consultant before he became Minnys GM.

Knicks don't have any assets and minny would want to ship him out if the west before sending him to LA. Ainge in the past has shown he will gamble. He was willing to take cp3 without an extension.

Could minny really gift us again with a superstar Kevin?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Love tells T-Wolves he's out after this year
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 09:31:40 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The Lakers will likely stink next year, what could they have to offer to the T wolves?

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I would not trade a top 3 pick for Kevin Love.  Count me out.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 09:56:58 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
If we get a top 3 I think Ainge will keep the pick (hopefully Embiid). If we are 5th or 6th I would be very enthusiastic about packaging it, together with other assets, in a deal for Love provided that he expresses a willingness to stay.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 10:15:52 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
don't see us trading for love UNLESS he agrees to an extension beforehand, like KG did. no way we trade the farm for a guy who could bolt in a year. if we fall out of the top 4 in the draft, i do think we'll be serious players for love, though.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 10:19:51 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
IF we fall out the top 3/4. I'll package our lottery pick, #17, Clippers pick, Sully, Green, Bradley for Love.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 10:40:47 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Where's the yawn emoticon?

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 10:46:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Danny won't give up a high pick/sullinger for him. He is set to play for the lakers after this season and anyone who needs a rental for the playoffs can have him

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 10:55:55 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
if we dont hit the lottery and end up 5-8(we cant be #4) then i would be more then willing to move that pick in a deal for Love.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 10:56:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Danny won't give up a high pick/sullinger for him. He is set to play for the lakers after this season and anyone who needs a rental for the playoffs can have him

Kevin Garnett stated he would not play for the Boston celtics though the same back-channels love is using now. A lot can change in one night (Draft night), let alone before the trade deadline.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 11:16:58 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I'm not that high on Love unless he's the sort of addition that puts us in the running for Carmello. 

Mike

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 11:18:20 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
IF we fall out the top 3/4. I'll package our lottery pick, #17, Clippers pick, Sully, Green, Bradley for Love.

I'll do you one better, adding Rondo, BOS and BKN's 2016 and 2018 1sts, TD Garden, 3 Championship Banners, and a lifetime supply of clam chowda...

So glad some of you have no say in trades... The shortsightedness is nothing short of... expected.

Sullinger is a year shy from being considered a top 50 player (at 23), a top 5 lottery pick, in one of the deepest drafts in years, projects to be an excellent player, #17 can be used for a solid prospect or packaged (possibly with the LAC 1st) and traded for a Larry Sanders or used alone for an Arron Afflalo, the LAC 1st can be traded for Asik...

Love is a top 10 player, but if you're trading these assets for him, he better be the answer to a title (he isn't). After trading the suggested package, the team is paper thin. Love, Rondo, and a couple mid-level free agents get bounced out in the 2nd round.

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 11:18:32 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Get another player in here and love would resign. Honestly with the way the east is... Playing with green, rondo, and a rim protector would finally get love to the playoffs. When you add making the post season for the first time, Celtic tradition (which would make an impact on love), and a max deal then I see no way he pulls a Dwight Howard.

But if this were a poker table, the Celtics would have the biggest stack of chips right now. If any current NBA player appreciates stuff like ?Celtic Pride,? ?That?s a great organization that looks out for its dudes? and ?wearing the same jersey that Russell and Bird wore,? it?s Kevin Love.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nba-bag-volume-1/

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 11:26:12 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Tuesday night will be huge.
If the Lakers end up getting something like the 8th pick and we get the 5th pick, we are miles ahead of them in the Love sweepstakes.

Obviously it would have to be a sign and trade and Love would be committed to playing with Rondo and then watch the others line up to play with them.

Unfortunately Love may demand to go to LA and thus we are left without a hope.
He's talked about liking Boston and it sure beats the hell out of Minny. (although the women in both places are beautiful). At least Boston is close to NYC and we have the rivalry/history with the Lakers.

This is good news for us.
I wonder if we could get him without giving up our lottery pick?

Sully+clippers pick+2 brooklyn picks+Green?

Would be nice to head into 2014-15 with Rondo, Love and Jabari Parker :)
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I would rather draft two players, trade Green/Faverani for Biyombo/MKG and get really young.  Resign AB, and go into the year with .500 and 7th seed as a goal.  At the deadline, trade unprotected 2015 pick, plus Sullinger, plus Wallace for Love.  At that point, Wallace would have 1.5 years left? Assuming we picked 5th and 17th in 2014 and got Vonleh and Hairston, we would look like this after trade:

Rondo
AB
Hairston
MKG
Vonleh
Love
Olynyk
Biyombo

Is that enough to get Love at the deadline?